Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noles fans react to EJ's benching

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Noles fans react to EJ's benching

Being a Noles fan I could've told the Bills not to draft this guy............no real FSU fan was ever sold on EJ just take a look at the message board....

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=16&f=...o=MS_161908863
    You can call me streetkings

2. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Noles fans react to EJ's benching

Everyone knew it except for OBD.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    It wasn't really a requirement to field a competitive team in recent years in the NFL, for an owner to make profit. There was some effort, to avoid blackouts. The avoiding that not only got tv revenue, but also got the tix and concession and parking revenue into the club's coffers

Now, with this blackout ruling by three people, why waste money to become competitive? There will be 16 showings regardless. No need for folks to actually go to a game. Teams will struggle to get attendance.

Pandora's Box...
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-30-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know if I agree with that Cincy. First of all we only had a few blackouts a season late in the season.

I think that now if they want fannies in the seats they'd better put a competitive product on the field. What you're suggesting is this, and let me paint a scenario for you.

Pegula ****cans all the people that need to go: Overdorf, Littman, Majeski, Mary Owen, Brandon, and a few more, hires a real GM and pays him accordingly, new GM hires a proven head coach, the team starts to move in the truly right direction, not just according to them on paper a la Whaley & Marrone.

New team becomes a contender.

You're suggesting that fans aren't going to games? I'm not sure I can buy that. I see us selling out, at current or even with a reasonable price increase, almost regularly. Keep in mind that even in the '90s we didn't always sell out.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too pie-in-the-sky for a change, but I know that I would once again start going to games instead of watching them online or on TV if we became good again. I'm just tired of leaving the stadium *****ing about 50 things that had they all been different we would have had a chance or won. I'd rather sit in my lazy boy and wash things down at the half with a few scotch and sodas and some good BBQ that I don't have to go walk to get.

You were at some of the '90s games, right? That's what a lot of us that went to them are waiting for. Not necessarily being 12-4 but having a team that when you go to a game you don't tell yourself "if this and if that we can win," you go with the expectation of winning regardless of who the opponent is.

Again, maybe I'm being the homer now. Am I?

6. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-01-2014),kgun12 (10-02-2014),THATHURMANATOR (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    It wasn't really a requirement to field a competitive team in recent years in the NFL, for an owner to make profit. There was some effort, to avoid blackouts. The avoiding that not only got tv revenue, but also got the tix and concession and parking revenue into the club's coffers

Now, with this blackout ruling by three people, why waste money to become competitive? There will be 16 showings regardless. No need for folks to actually go to a game. Teams will struggle to get attendance.

Pandora's Box...
    I just don't see why having a blackout rule will effect attendance all that much.

I don't think there is ever a huge influx of people that because the game is being blacked out decide to buy tickets.

My feelings are they were either going or not going already and being blacked out doesn't effect anything.

Also the teams major revenue/profits don't come from the tickets the average fan buys anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if I agree with that Cincy. First of all we only had a few blackouts a season late in the season.

I think that now if they want fannies in the seats they'd better put a competitive product on the field. What you're suggesting is this, and let me paint a scenario for you.

Pegula ****cans all the people that need to go: Overdorf, Littman, Majeski, Mary Owen, Brandon, and a few more, hires a real GM and pays him accordingly, new GM hires a proven head coach, the team starts to move in the truly right direction, not just according to them on paper a la Whaley & Marrone.

New team becomes a contender.

You're suggesting that fans aren't going to games? I'm not sure I can buy that. I see us selling out, at current or even with a reasonable price increase, almost regularly. Keep in mind that even in the '90s we didn't always sell out.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too pie-in-the-sky for a change, but I know that I would once again start going to games instead of watching them online or on TV if we became good again. I'm just tired of leaving the stadium *****ing about 50 things that had they all been different we would have had a chance or won. I'd rather sit in my lazy boy and wash things down at the half with a few scotch and sodas and some good BBQ that I don't have to go walk to get.

You were at some of the '90s games, right? That's what a lot of us that went to them are waiting for. Not necessarily being 12-4 but having a team that when you go to a game you don't tell yourself "if this and if that we can win," you go with the expectation of winning regardless of who the opponent is.

Again, maybe I'm being the homer now. Am I?
    I agree with this 100%

8. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just to be clear, are you talking about EJ, Kolb, Whitner, McCargo, Jauron, Maybin, Gailey, Stevie....?

10. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Just to be clear, are you talking about EJ, Kolb, Whitner, McCargo, Jauron, Maybin, Gailey, Stevie....?
    Seriously? Who cares about the others.

The one in the thread topic. All of the criticisms coming out now on EJ were fully available at the time of the draft and well before it. All of it.

Hardly any draft analysts shared Whaley's position also. He went rogue and destroyed this team's ability to rebuild properly as a result.

Same with Watkins, while many draft analysts claim that he's the next rare future talent at WR, there's plenty of information out there to have cast enough of a shadow of doubt to question that. The problem is that those major media opinions pick up steam and then everyone says the same thing after a while.

He was supposed to be so good, fast, and talented that he was going to be an instant success, which clearly hasn't turned out to be the case. Now everyone's just wondering how long it will take him to become that WR. My guess is that next season people will start wondering if he'll ever become that WR. For the record I think he'll be fine as an NFL starter, I just don't seem him becoming that future rare one that just about everyone says he will be. I see him being about what Moulds was, who was just about as fast.

Information is out there. But if all one does is rely on NFL sources, team scouts, and media reports, then they're not going to find it. I would think that that's what separates the good personnel guys from the rest, the good ones leave no stones unturned.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-01-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My point is that we shouldn't be surprised. Far too often, the Bills' FO does something that pretty much no one who follows football agrees with. And without fail, it blows up in their face.

It's appalling that fans on a message board and talking heads on ESPN can see when something it's a bad move where the FO can't, but it happens time and time again.

13. Post thanked by:

BillsOverDolphins (10-02-2014),k-oneputt (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The front office / talent evaluators need to be fired and perhaps even publicly humiliated first.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bf1 View Post
    The front office / talent evaluators need to be fired and perhaps even publicly humiliated first.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wish somehow we'd know the date and time when they'll be called to the office and let go for good. Perhaps fans can line up outside and pelt the failures with rocks and garbage.

17. Post thanked by:

BillsOverDolphins (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    My point is that we shouldn't be surprised. Far too often, the Bills' FO does something that pretty much no one who follows football agrees with. And without fail, it blows up in their face.

It's appalling that fans on a message board and talking heads on ESPN can see when something it's a bad move where the FO can't, but it happens time and time again.
    Yeah, it is appalling. Many people here think that our FO people are experts. They're experts alright, expert fools.

- - - Updated - - -

An unceremonious and categorical firing will suffice.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I liked EJ as a 2nd round pick. That would have been a justifiable place to draft him. The only consolation we got to drafting him at #16 was Kiko Alonso (not a bad consolation in hindsight).

20. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-01-2014)

Registered User Buffalo Thriller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OBD was mesmerized by his attitude and size and completely seemed to miss the shortcomings he's had since college.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wish somehow we'd know the date and time when they'll be called to the office and let go for good. Perhaps fans can line up outside and pelt the failures with rocks and garbage.
    Somebody get this man a beer
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Thriller View Post
    OBD was mesmerized by his attitude and size and completely seemed to miss the shortcomings he's had since college.
    Whaley says he had the "It" factor as I recall. Check out the video in my sig.

All it says is that Whaley doesn't know what the "It" factor is.

24. Post thanked by:

Buffalo Thriller (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well who would you have drafted in 2013? Geno Smith? Ryan Nassib? Matt Barkley? Truth is it was a terrible year to draft a QB. But "knowledgeable" Bills fans had to run FItz out of town because he was the "worst QB in the NFL" and "anyone would be better than Fitz!" Well, there you go.
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Many people here think that our FO people are experts.

- - - Updated - - -

Another lie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bling no longer posts on his site.. Big time Dolphin and FSU homer.. The night Manuel was drafted Bling came on this site and said " Manuel is a great guy was good to everyone on campus but on the field he always left me wanting more"..

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe the reason why Marrone was supposedly mad at Monos.