Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradham Kyle injuries

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Bradham Kyle injuries

Anyone have any news on or sees anything on Twitter please post will be Internet dark for awhile and am on west coast anyway.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bradham Kyle injuries

Asking the same thing before you posted this. I don't know why the results of an MRI on Monday aren't known by now. They should have been out yesterday.

Usually they wait this long to release it if the news is bad.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Asking the same thing before you posted this. I don't know why the results of an MRI on Monday aren't known by now. They should have been out yesterday.

Usually they wait this long to release it if the news is bad.
    Bad news travels faster.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let's hope so. I'm thinking that if he were fine they'd have said so by now and said he's questionable for Sunday.

If Kyle's got a season ending knee injury then in the other thread talking about what we have to build on, if Kyle's out for the season then he won't be 100% next season at 32. Pending Dareus' status I think we could then add DT to our issues list.

Kyle's a beast, losing him on the DL is like losing Alonso at LB.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Bad news travels faster.
    Not for the Bills. As the Bills website is one of the slowest it seems to deliver news/stories. Yet you'd think one of the national guys (see Rappaport or Schefter) would have reported something if there was any news to report so who knows. I'm hoping it's good news as an injury to Kyle Williams could make the chance of winning tough as while think we tend to over rate him he is still an above average player at his position. An injury to Bradham does hurt too but let's not forget the defense was decent in Week 1 without him.
    Last edited by The Jokeman; 10-01-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I'm hoping it's good news as an injury to Kyle Williams could make the chance of winning tough as while think we tend to over rate him he is still an above average player at his position.
    Why do you think that he's just average?

It's funny, I was just thinking the opposite, that he's one of the best DT's that we've ever had. Pat Williams was another fairly recent one.

Where am I off?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Why do you think that he's just average?

It's funny, I was just thinking the opposite, that he's one of the best DT's that we've ever had. Pat Williams was another fairly recent one.

Where am I off?
    I said above average. I think he's helped a lot playing with Dareus and Mario. As to me Kyle is at his best pushing the pocket and pursing the QB. Yet you ask him to stand pat and clog the lane he isn't as reliable. Also I don't see him athletic enough to say run down the line and stop a back from turning the corner. As of the three Dareus, Mario and Kyle that's how I'd rank them in terms of value for this team and importance. Again he's above average but not the best thing we have on the D-line which imagine most others do.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Problem with Dareus is that 10% of the time he's fantastic, 40% of the time he's simply good/average, and 50% of the time you don't even know whether he's in the game or not.

Not much different with Mario. You don't hear **** for three games about Mario then he has a bunch of sacks, pressures, and other contributions in two games, usually not against our toughest offensive opponents. Kyle's name several times.

Last season everyone was talking about how Mario came back, but of his 13 sacks 4 and a half of them were in one game against a QB playing miserably and three were against Miami, 2 vs. Cleveland. Mario needs to step up more in big games.

Dareus just needs to step up more period.

Kyle as a DT was less than 3 sacks behind Mario. 3 and a half were against Brady, Brees, and Roeth. That's saying quite a bit, especially since that's Mario's specialty.

I'm not sure you caught it, but last season one of those stat sites, I forget which one, had Mario rated as the worst Bills linemen at "setting the edge" as they like to say.

I don't know what it means since I've never played Madden, but Kyle is rated 4th best DT by them. http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...player-ratings

Pro Football Focus:

Kyle Williams, DT, +7.8

Breakdown: Before Marcel Dareus arrived Kyle Williams was a regular at this kind of performance. Here he broke out one of his better games, powering through or swimming around the Chargers offensive line like they weren’t there all game long. Was unlucky not to be rewarded with a sack.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-bills-week-3/

Pro Football Focus ranks both Dareus and Williams in the top 10 at their respective positions against the run.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-bills-defense

This does not seem to agree with your assessment.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Neither are practicing today, per Joe B.

10. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kyle Williams, Chris Williams, Nigel Bradham & Marcus Easley out of practice

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm guessing both players miss the Detroit game and maybe more like 4-8 weeks minimum.
    You can call me streetkings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What do you base that timeframe on streetkings?

15. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Goodwin was back today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
    What do you base that timeframe on streetkings?
    Just a hunch from watching players carted off the field or failure to return to games after suffering knee injuries. From all my years of watching football I've never seen a guy leave a game with a knee injury and return the next week..........a knee injury to a football player is never good news. I could be wrong tho........I dont think I will be.
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 10-01-2014 at 12:42 PM.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

None of you have a clue, quit the uninformed speculation please.

19. Post thanked by:

casdhf (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by streetkings01 View Post
    Just a hunch from watching players carted off the field or failure to return to games after suffering knee injuries. From all my years of watching football I've never seen a guy leave a game with a knee injury and return the next week..........a knee injury to a football player is never good news. I could be wrong tho........I dont think I will be.
    Fred Jackson 2 years ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by streetkings01 View Post
    Neither were carted off though.

Both walked off by themselves. Kyle jogging even.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,992 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think that if either of them had season ending injuries they would already be on IR so that they could use their roster spots. That may just be wishful thinking, but usually when guys have season ending knee injuries it's known/reported fairly quickly.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think that if either of them had season ending injuries they would already be on IR so that they could use their roster spots. That may just be wishful thinking, but usually when guys have season ending knee injuries it's known/reported fairly quickly.
    Yep. Clubs generally report injuries on Thursdays, IIRC, but if it's a big one they let the news be known soon.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.