Thread: Really good EJ article from Tomahawk Nation

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really good EJ article from Tomahawk Nation

Wow. Really puts the heat on Whaley given there was so much good intel on how EJ was likely to be in the NFL. Yeah, no one has a crystal ball but seriously this is about as accurate as it gets. And the irony of running read options by Marrone also puts his cred on the line..again.

"What we do know, however, is that Fisher continued to call read options, and Manuel all of a sudden ran them incorrectly at an alarming rate. This skill that he possessed in 2009 and 2010 -- one that is executed properly in middle school football, was suddenly gone. Paired with recent comments from his teammates about his desire to establish himself as a pocket passer, it raises questions about whether Manuel was refusing to run those plays correctly."

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/4...-florida-state

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Really good EJ article from Tomahawk Nation

Again this is all old news. Anyone that follows college football knew he was a stiff at FSU and not any good.
    The real problem I have is, why didn't our front office realize this ?

3. Post thanked by:

Mad Max (10-02-2014),streetkings01 (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Old news indeed, and the reason they drafted him (black qb fever) is also old news. We know he sucks, and thankfully Marrone has moved on from the gimmickry.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
    Wow. Really puts the heat on Whaley given there was so much good intel on how EJ was likely to be in the NFL. Yeah, no one has a crystal ball but seriously this is about as accurate as it gets. And the irony of running read options by Marrone also puts his cred on the line..again.

"What we do know, however, is that Fisher continued to call read options, and Manuel all of a sudden ran them incorrectly at an alarming rate. This skill that he possessed in 2009 and 2010 -- one that is executed properly in middle school football, was suddenly gone. Paired with recent comments from his teammates about his desire to establish himself as a pocket passer, it raises questions about whether Manuel was refusing to run those plays correctly."

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2013/4...-florida-state
    Do you have any idea how many times I've posted this here?

Gotta be at least 20.

If the team had been on the ball they may have caught this the day of the draft. Either way this was common knowledge among FSU fans.

I agree with you on Whaley. Now it's time for him to go as a direct result.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-02-2014 at 07:19 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

6. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (10-02-2014),Mr. Cynical (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've been called a troll hundreds of times pointing out the obvious, EJ has zero (0) business being on an NFL field as a QB.

8. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's mistakes like this that has some posters telling us that drafting a QB in the 1st round is a crapshoot, but the real answer is it is only a crapshoot because too many teams ignore obvious flaws because they have to draft a 1st round QB when there may not be a viable option at their pick.
    About 50% of 1st rd QBs fail because some idiot in a front office thought they could make something out of a guy that a more rational evaluation would say Career Backup at best. Our last 2 1st round QBs have been major reaches because management screwed up before they drafted the reach & felt they just had to pick a QB, even when a viable one wasn't available. 1st Donahoe fails to trade up for the guy he wanted-Roethlisberger-and then trades up for JP Losman, then Nix fails to address the position in QB rich drafts and forces the issue in a year when no QB should have been drafted early. This organization is pathetic & I hope Pegula hires Trump for a day to tell them all "You're Fired"

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    I've been called a troll hundreds of times pointing out the obvious, EJ has zero (0) business being on an NFL field as a QB.
    Fletch makes you look like a homer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Do you have any idea how many times I've posted this here?

Gotta be at least 20.

If the team had been on the ball they may have caught this the day of the draft. Either way this was common knowledge among FSU fans.

I agree with you on Whaley. Now it's time for him to go as a direct result.
    Sorry - didn't do a search before posting this - haven't been as active in recent months. I just saw it yesterday for the first time and was blown away.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    Old news indeed, and the reason they drafted him (black qb fever) is also old news. We know he sucks, and thankfully Marrone has moved on from the gimmickry.
    Seriously? Black QB fever? Do you fully understand how stupid that makes look?

13. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (10-02-2014),Novacane (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just goes to show that any of us could be GMs.

15. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
    Seriously? Black QB fever?
    Why else did they draft him, especially after the unexpected success (or rather, how quickly they became successful) of RG3, Kaep, and Wilson? He doesn't have any discernible skill that you can point to, so you tell me.

Also, I'm sure you can appreciate the irony of calling somebody stupid in the same sentence you grammatically *****ed up.
    Last edited by BillsOverDolphins; 10-02-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Makes me feel better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DynaPaul View Post
    Or that our team could be GM'd by drunk fan polling after games with at least similar results.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DynaPaul View Post
    Or that our team could be GM'd by drunk fan polling after games with at least similar results.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cynical View Post
    Sorry - didn't do a search before posting this - haven't been as active in recent months. I just saw it yesterday for the first time and was blown away.
    No problem, just pointing it out. It was a good chunk fo the basis for my position on Manuel, among other similar things, contrasted with only the basis that Whaley knew what he was doing as offered up by many to counter.

I started posting it shortly after we drafted Manuel and people kept slamming me and asking me for "proof," so I'd post it but it was too long to read for most here.

As you said, the same exact things have shown up here as at FSU, particularly the part about the reference to "whack a mole" which I thought was hilarious.

Either way, front offices get paid to conduct research that puts the realities of a player's performance to the forefront. Could Whaley have failed any more on this. Clearly not.

Speaking of Whaley, he says in the video in my sig that if this doesn't work out he'll be asking, "hey, does anyone have a job for me." So yeah, it's time to move on from Whaley. First order of business for Pegula. That has been my point all along, not to slam Manuel, but to ditch the problem that brought Manuel here and now done even more damage to attempt to hide that drastic error. Most people were clamoring away at what a brilliant mind Whaley is, from where I sit he appears to be worse than the others we've had.