Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Personal message!!!

Pretty cool for a Fin Fan. Jaydog57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Personal message!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay25690 View Post
    It's my absolute excitement to announce to billszone about my future..

As of this week my wife and I have made a very hard decision to move out of Florida and back to Buffalo!!!
    To those that know me personally the decision was based on my 4 year old boy Bryce.
    I feel him getting to know his family and growup in a great place like Buffalo was the right decision!!!
    My luv for the city, people, the BILLS, and SABRES made the decision an easy one!!!!
    Family and friends was a huge decision as well!

I have been doing research the past year and the city of Buffalo and Western NY will be growing huge!!!
    My wife has accepted a job as the National Sales Manager at the Buffalo/Niagara Convention Center!!!
    We feel we want to be apart of the growth of the city I grewup to luv!!!
    I look forward to being apart of your lives in the Buffalo area...
    I have put a transfer in for my job and I will probably have to wait till the end of the year before my move!!
    We have an office in the Rochester area and I will cover the buffalo Niagara area.. Still unknown my position!!

Please nothing on Facebook for the time being... Still quiet for some in the Tampa area!!! Go Bills!!
    Best of luck to you in your new location, I hope they don't give you a hard time for being a Gator fan up there. I get it bad enough down here in central FL for being a Canes fan, lol. Hope it's an easy move and a safe trip.
    "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

2. Post thanked by:

tampabay25690 (10-13-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Very wide right View Post
    ​This is so wonderful.Be sure to keep us all posted about any other decisions you make,Id love to hear about it.

You don't need to read his threads.

Many of us like Tampa. He is a cool guy that has been around for a long time.

But take your shots at him and then act all confused when somebody calls you a troll
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

4. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (10-13-2014),tampabay25690 (10-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydog57 View Post
    Best of luck to you in your new location, I hope they don't give you a hard time for being a Gator fan up there. I get it bad enough down here in central FL for being a Canes fan, lol. Hope it's an easy move and a safe trip.
    He'll hear it from me at least. That's for sure.

6. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As someone who spent nine years in Florida good for you. Florida is becoming a bad state for a lot of reasons and I personally refuse to even vacation there or travel there. Only good thing about florida is no state income tax. That however is no reason to live in that hot humid hell hole

8. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is so wrong I dont even know where to start.In comparison to Buffalo I dont care what the topic is and the state of Florida wins hands down.Schools,taxes,unemployment,weather and just general quality of life,I could go on.On another topic,Desert fox was my handle on the CB radio for years.
    I've been here in Florida for 18 years.

im cooked and ready to come home.

10. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The WNY area is starting to come back and is showing signs of life. It's gradual, but it's there.

12. Post thanked by:

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is so wrong I dont even know where to start.In comparison to Buffalo I dont care what the topic is and the state of Florida wins hands down.Schools,taxes,unemployment,weather and just general quality of life,I could go on.On another topic,Desert fox was my handle on the CB radio for years.
    You forgot the part where it's expensive to live there, at least South Florida.

There are plenty of beautiful women, but unfortunately most of them need to stop weekly at PepBoys and get the air changed in their head.

There are positives and negatives to anywhere you live, it's personal preference.

Personally, I would chose WNY. Don't mind the weather, plenty of outdoor activities and most important, family is there.

Second choice is where I live now, in the mountains of Colorado and before you go off, I lived in Florida for two years and Texas for 22. I prefer all the other places I lived to South Florida.

14. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dr.,this nothing but election year rhetoric.Other than the governor throwing a billion of overtaxed taxpayer money at us for votes what can you say is honestly improving around here?The schools are broken,taxes are some of the highest in the nation and our children have to leave for jobs because NY is about as business unfriendly as it can get.I hope you are right and I am wrong but this tired message of coming back has been in vogue for over 40 years here.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...plans-20140923

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n....html?page=all

Throw in HarborCenter and the Phillips Lytle building and it is certainly improving.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydog57 View Post
    Thanks!!
    I was a Gator fan growing up in B LO so no such change there..
    Appreciate the kind words
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

17. Post thanked by:

Jaydog57 (10-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    You don't need to read his threads.

Many of us like Tampa. He is a cool guy that has been around for a long time.

But take your shots at him and then act all confused when somebody calls you a troll

Thanks Tom.
    It's all good I remember when the zone was more positive then some of the newbies on here..
    Doesn't bother me at all.. We're al, still 1 big Bills family on here.

19. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-13-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I absolutely despise what florida has become. Especially north Florida central Florida And Tampa. South florida is and always be south Florida and thT is over priced over hyped and crappy.

The weather sucks. I am an outdoor guy and unless you like to boat florida sucks. No hiking mountain biking and definitely no skiing. I live in northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe is 40 mins away. I moved from the south east to nevada because climate and cost living way better. Only difference is I pay more for gas but that is to be expected since I am no longer coastal state.

All that aside the areas in Florida besides south Florida are filled with a bunch metro red necks. Imagine honey boo boo and jersey shore hybrid and that is Florida.

21. Post thanked by:

coastal (10-14-2014),pmoon6 (10-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Its just weird to me Coastal.All of my life everyone moved to Florida to retire or start a better life because of opportunity and Ive only been hearing its getting better there and things here just get worse.It just seems like a backward move moving to NY.People have been steadily leaving this state for years now.This state is in decline.
    I don't care about all of that.

It's a beautiful area, and I still consider it my home.

last night my hockey son said he wanted to play hockey for Canisius College and go to school for heir sports mgmt program

one can dream.
    Last edited by coastal; 10-14-2014 at 06:20 AM.

23. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-14-2014),pmoon6 (10-15-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    You forgot the part where it's expensive to live there, at least South Florida.

There are plenty of beautiful women, but unfortunately most of them need to stop weekly at PepBoys and get the air changed in their head.
    LOL
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Congrats bro!!

26. Post thanked by:

tampabay25690 (10-16-2014)

Pretty cool for a Fin Fan. Jaydog57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    I absolutely despise what florida has become. Especially north Florida central Florida And Tampa. South florida is and always be south Florida and thT is over priced over hyped and crappy.

The weather sucks. I am an outdoor guy and unless you like to boat florida sucks. No hiking mountain biking and definitely no skiing. I live in northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe is 40 mins away. I moved from the south east to nevada because climate and cost living way better. Only difference is I pay more for gas but that is to be expected since I am no longer coastal state.

All that aside the areas in Florida besides south Florida are filled with a bunch metro red necks. Imagine honey boo boo and jersey shore hybrid and that is Florida.
    If you love the constant heat and the beach, Florida is for you. I know some people that have moved down here from up north because they hated the cold, and love the hot weather. I was born and raised here, and as I've gotten older, I think I would like to eventually move somewhere more seasonal. I look forward to the cooler fall weather more and more every year. It's finally down to 75 degrees during the day and I'm loving it. It's weird, because as people get older, they get colder easily, and they all seem to end up here. As I'm getting older, I'm getting tired of sweating all the time, and want to live where it's colder, lol.

28. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (10-18-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The most ironic part of this is that he says he wants young Bryce to grow up in a city like Buffalo but I guarantee you that this man has the sense not to send his child to a Buffalo school.Also,when his son graduates from high school and college he will have to move out of Buffalo to start a career.Coming from a state with great schools,single digit unemployment and low taxation I just don't get it except for the part about being around family.
    Nothing wrong with the suburban schools outside Buffalo. I really don't know about the city schools anymore, but I am a product of one. The people I met and made friends with in South Florida were hardly intellectual giants. They had about the same kind of education as I did.

So, another "Arrrghk, would you like to try for Double Jeopardy where the prizes can really change"?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

By most rankings New York has better public schools then Florida.

31. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-20-2014),Historian (10-20-2014),pmoon6 (10-19-2014),tampabay25690 (10-19-2014)