One thing driving me insane about this team right now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

One thing driving me insane about this team right now....

Why is it that every time the puck goes behind the net in the offensive zone, two forwards go behind the net?

Since they decreased the depth of the goal, every other team tries to get their puck-handlers alone behind the goal for a wrap-around attempt or centering pass. Far too often, the Sabres have two offensive players behind the net, which of course draws an extra defender. Now there are 4 guys down there instead of 1-2. Plus, with two players below the red line, it's one less guy in front of the net to receive a pass.

This happened consistently in that pathetic effort against Florida. I don't get it at all. No doubt the team suffers from both lack of experience and lack of talent, but this is a simple coaching adjustment that could make an impact.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: One thing driving me insane about this team right now....

a big problem to me is they are mailing it in. almost like this connor mcdavid hype train is affecting the team. like, hey, we know we will suck, everyone is expecting us to suck, who cares?

well, problem is, that sets a poor example for the kids. and the kids need to learn the right way. so, if someone is mailing it in, sit them. play zads. play the kids. let them get ice time. they will at least play hungry.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • May 2024

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
      a big problem to me is they are mailing it in. almost like this connor mcdavid hype train is affecting the team. like, hey, we know we will suck, everyone is expecting us to suck, who cares?

well, problem is, that sets a poor example for the kids. and the kids need to learn the right way. so, if someone is mailing it in, sit them. play zads. play the kids. let them get ice time. they will at least play hungry.
      The Sabres fans have openly rejoiced at the Sabres multi-year tank and are now complaining if the Sabres players don't put in more effort?

Tough crowd.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Hey, two Sabres can do the work of one hockey player any day.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
          The Sabres fans have openly rejoiced at the Sabres multi-year tank and are now complaining if the Sabres players don't put in more effort?

Tough crowd.
          Not all of us. I couldn't watch the team last year. This year looks the same. I almost puked when they boasted of landing Brian Gionta.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Tough crowd.
            Really? You are just looking for a reason to whine now.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • May 2024

Myers was standing next to Chara during the Bruins power play tonight and I could not tell the difference between them.

But then again, every NHL team wants to trade for Myers (and expecting the Sabres to keep some of his salary).

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • May 2024

Really? You are just looking for a reason to whine now.
                You are one the whining.

On one hand the Sabres are full of young talent yet can't win.

On the other hand, they should try more.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

lol...too funny.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

You are one the whining.

On one hand the Sabres are full of young talent yet can't win.

On the other hand, they should try more.
                    theres a difference between talent and effort. and most of the young talent isnt on the team yet. so theres that.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • May 2024

theres a difference between talent and effort. and most of the young talent isnt on the team yet. so theres that.
                      You should go over to the Oilers board and see what kind of guarantee high draft picks give you towards a winning hockey club.

Gurus have been saying for over 5 years that the Oilers are stocked with great young talent.

Karma is a ***** when you root for your team to tank for many consecutive years.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

You should go over to the Oilers board and see what kind of guarantee high draft picks give you towards a winning hockey club.

Gurus have been saying for over 5 years that the Oilers are stocked with great young talent.

Karma is a ***** when you root for your team to tank for many consecutive years.
                        what? one bad year last year and a bad year this year is "many consecutive years?"
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • May 2024

what? one bad year last year and a bad year this year is "many consecutive years?"
                          How about 2012-2013?

How about next year 2015-2016?

Or do you expect to replace Nolan with a top NHL Head Coach after this year simply because like you he likes the smell of Buffalo?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

They definitely mailed it in against Fl after they couldn't score on the PP. I've only watched the first 15 or so agains Boston but they don't look much better so far.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

How about 2012-2013?

How about next year 2015-2016?

Or do you expect to replace Nolan with a top NHL Head Coach after this year simply because like you he likes the smell of Buffalo?
                              you do realize the sabres were in the playoff mix in the 2013, right? they were eliminated right at the end of the season. then management decided they needed to rebuild. or is that a concept you cant grasp?
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                              X