X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Season long Game Day Thread

[QUOTE=OpIv37;4035431]Look, the NHL was never going to let us get McDavid anyway. They are going to rig it to save Edmonton, Columbus or Florida.[QUOTE]

AND this is because hockey is so strong in Buffalo that it is "The Hockey Mecca"?

Did you see the stands last night at First Niagara?

Despite the Sabres playing well it did not look much different than the Florida rink.

Too bad the Leafs don't visit more often so the Sabre season ticket holders could make some money selling off their tickets to the Sabres opponents and the place could be full.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

[QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035486][QUOTE=OpIv37;4035431]Look, the NHL was never going to let us get McDavid anyway. They are going to rig it to save Edmonton, Columbus or Florida.

AND this is because hockey is so strong in Buffalo that it is "The Hockey Mecca"?

Despite the Sabres playing well it did not look much different than the Florida rink.

Too bad the Leafs don't visit more often so the Sabre season ticket holders could make some money selling off their tickets to the Sabres opponents and the place could be full.
      The Sabres gave the STH a one-time option to get refunded for the game last night, lets not jump to conclusions or complain about the fan's attendance (which I consider to be very good versus the teams play until lately).

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

[QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035486][QUOTE=OpIv37;4035431]Look, the NHL was never going to let us get McDavid anyway. They are going to rig it to save Edmonton, Columbus or Florida.

nice try, but the sabres seem to be doing fine for a team at the bottom.

Visit ESPN for NHL live scores, video highlights and latest news. Stream exclusive ESPN+ games and play Fantasy Hockey.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

[QUOTE=JATMtheJATM;4035601][QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035486]
          Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Look, the NHL was never going to let us get McDavid anyway. They are going to rig it to save Edmonton, Columbus or Florida.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
          9th Biggest draw on the road a well, so we seem to travel well.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

[QUOTE=MitchMurrayDowntown;4035672][QUOTE=JATMtheJATM;4035601]
            Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

9th Biggest draw on the road a well, so we seem to travel well.
            The Sabres drew well at the Joe against the wings in 06. I **** you not, nearly half the arena was buffalo fans. They get quite a few fans now in Detroit too, but not like that.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

[QUOTE=MitchMurrayDowntown;4035539][QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035486]
              Look, the NHL was never going to let us get McDavid anyway. They are going to rig it to save Edmonton, Columbus or Florida.

The Sabres gave the STH a one-time option to get refunded for the game last night, lets not jump to conclusions or complain about the fan's attendance (which I consider to be very good versus the teams play until lately).
              So given the choice to get their money back or watch their home team on a home winning streak, they chose to get their money back.

That does not scream hockey mecca.

That screams hockey skid mark.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

What's next, talk of relocation?
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                  Victimizing The Victimizer
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                  Someone's gotta cover their ass for declaring the Sabres dead for 5 seasons. Comes with the territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the Sabres have a potential offensive cornerstone in juniors still. The best is yet to come.

I said 5 years and no playoffs, That still stands...You get NOTHING right when it comes to hockey...

Like Armia reminds you of Rick Nash, What are you ******ed???

So what ever you claim, Bet on the opposite to happening...

I keep telling you, Get off twitter and all the other social media and actually watch the NHL, You'll learn something.

I can understand a guy like you thinking that a team playing .500 hockey is great and all for the future..

The Sabres had no where else to go, They could not be any worse than they have been.

Again their .500, If that's cause for a celebration and thinking their going to make some noise in the playoffs.

Knock yourself out.

- - - Updated - - -

so, you ***** because the team was supposedly intentionally tanking, but then when you stop tanking you ***** that they ****ed up the tank?

During the first month and a half of the season, the Sabres looked like one of the worst teams in history. During the last month, they looked like the rebuild was way ahead of schedule. The sample size is too small to know which one is correct. But if the Sabres play themselves out of the McDavid/Eichel sweepstakes, it means the base talent is there and they have enough to build on. I'll take it.
                  You got the wrong..guy...

No need to apologize, It's all good.
                  Last edited by Downinfloflo; 12-16-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                    Victimizing The Victimizer
                    • Aug 2012

[QUOTE=JATMtheJATM;4035601][QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035486]

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
                    Bottom 10 in the NHL...

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                      I said 5 years and no playoffs, That still stands...You get NOTHING right when it comes to hockey...

Like Armia reminds you of Rick Nash, What are you ******ed???

So what ever you claim, Bet on the opposite to happening...

I keep telling you, Get off twitter and all the other social media and actually watch the NHL, You'll learn something.

I can understand a guy like you thinking that a team playing .500 hockey is great and all for the future..

The Sabres had no where else to go, They could not be any worse than they have been.

Again their .500, If that's cause for a celebration and thinking their going to make some noise in the playoffs.

Knock yourself out.

- - - Updated - - -

You got the wrong..guy...

No need to apologize, It's all good.
                      Like I said earlier, if you want to talk about who is wrong more often, you won't win that battle. Armia to Nash? You conveniently omitted parts of that post. I talked about armia using his big body to protect the puck and get into high scoring areas. But you are only interested in Nash and armia the whole picture. Not what I actually said.

And didn't you try to compare duclairs whole season to grigos 23 games? Or say the penguins were terrible from 98-01? Or the isles would make the playoffs last year with vanek?

Keep trolling, floflo. Comparing records of statements is only going to make you look worse, in addition to a petulant child who rants on and on and just can't seem to get it right.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

[QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035742][QUOTE=MitchMurrayDowntown;4035539]
                        Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

So given the choice to get their money back or watch their home team on a home winning streak, they chose to get their money back.

That does not scream hockey mecca.

That screams hockey skid mark.
                        What's next, talk of relocation?
                        Bankruptcy and the NHL coming in to own is the 1st step I think.

Wait....

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

[QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035759][QUOTE=SpikedLemonade;4035742]
                          Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post

Bankruptcy and the NHL coming in to own is the 1st step I think.

Wait....
                          Man, 2003 was a bad time
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Gross game. But they were due to fall back to earth.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                              • Feb 2009

Like I said earlier, if you want to talk about who is wrong more often, you won't win that battle. Armia to Nash? You conveniently omitted parts of that post. I talked about armia using his big body to protect the puck and get into high scoring areas. But you are only interested in Nash and armia the whole picture. Not what I actually said.

And didn't you try to compare duclairs whole season to grigos 23 games? Or say the penguins were terrible from 98-01? Or the isles would make the playoffs last year with vanek?

Keep trolling, floflo. Comparing records of statements is only going to make you look worse, in addition to a petulant child who rants on and on and just can't seem to get it right.
                              You did forget 2 of FloFlos biggest mistakes..And the one mistake was so epic because the coverup was just as hilarious as the mistake itself

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Oh yeah that one was hilarious.

I mean, do some research before you decide to douche it up and troll.
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X