• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Season long Game Day Thread

And as a fan that attended the last home, I couldn't care less. 3 kids got their shot, one of whom is a hometown kid. The only one that hurt them at all was Kasdorf. Schneider and Rodriquez were fine. Is there that much difference with Fasching and Cal O'Reilly?
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by wgr550.com
      Evan Rodrigues in his second NHL game, gets his first NHL goal and assist. Brian Gionta adds two goals, one late in the third the other being the game winner in overtime on a beautiful pass from Mark Pysyk to push the team over the 80 point mark on the season.

The Sabres finish the season 27 points better than they ended last season and will have the eigth best opportunity at winning the NHL Draft Lottery.
      Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
        Regarding the ROY award, I think it's just a three-man race now. Panarin certainly has the stats but will they consider his age and who he plays with? McDavid just got ROM so setting up nicely for ROY. It would be a shame to deny him it because of an injury. Eichel is finishing strong and should make a good impression with 40 points in the last 47 games.

Gostisbehere, Larkin, and Domi are all on the outside looking in at this point.
        So it's Panarin, McDavid, and Ghostbear. I'm a bit disappointed that Eichel didn't get a nod though it's not a big deal. I think Ghostbear is deserving considering his 22 game pt streak which led the Flyers into the playoffs. The anointed one, McDavid, is an automatic especially with the Canadian writers. It wouldn't have gone over well if two Americans and a Russian were tapped and not the "next Wayne Gretzky", especially since there are no stinkin' canuck teams in the playoffs.
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

So it's Panarin, McDavid, and Ghostbear. I'm a bit disappointed that Eichel didn't get a nod though it's not a big deal. I think Ghostbear is deserving considering his 22 game pt streak which led the Flyers into the playoffs. The anointed one, McDavid, is an automatic especially with the Canadian writers. It wouldn't have gone over well if two Americans and a Russian were tapped and not the "next Wayne Gretzky", especially since there are no stinkin' canuck teams in the playoffs.
          Haha it's a conspiracy. It has nothing to do with the fact that he was like third in points per game in the entire league or was rookie of the month in every month he played. I appreciate the NHL keeping the canadian fans happy since we have long shown to be fickle fans who don't support our teams. ROFL.

Comment

• gebobs
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
            Haha it's a conspiracy. It has nothing to do with the fact that he was like third in points per game in the entire league or was rookie of the month in every month he played. I appreciate the NHL keeping the canadian fans happy since we have long shown to be fickle fans who don't support our teams. ROFL.
            I was just being sarcastic. McDavid deserves to be a finalist. Eichel would have deserved it too, but took two months to really emerge as a candidate. He peaked at the end when guys like Larkin disappeared.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

isn't that how you would rather have it? to have eichel get it at the end and hopefully see him get better next year? That's the development goal. It would have been nice for him to win rookie of the year, but it doesn't get us to the playoffs. getting better as the season wore on and being better regardless of which line he was playing on, will get us to the playoffs. it sucks, but on to bigger and better things.

Comment

• gebobs
                • Sep 2003

Sure. I have no problem with the finalists and said I was mildly disappointed that Eichel didn't get the recognition. In the grand scheme, these awards are meaningless. Only one trophy matters.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Sure. I have no problem with the finalists and said I was mildly disappointed that Eichel didn't get the recognition. In the grand scheme, these awards are meaningless. Only one trophy matters.
                  Roger Crozier saving grace award?
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞