Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Are Going to Make the Play-offs!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: We Are Going to Make the Play-offs!!!!!

Seriously, those that complain minutes after a win like this are pretty much asswipes.

How can you not come away with a sense of having been entertained?

That's entertainment.

80-yard drive. Converting a 4th-and-20 on that drive, for Christ's sake. Converting a 3rd-and-12 on that drive. Facing 2nd-and-20 at the 30-yardline with 25 seconds to go on that drive. Go-ahead touchdown with 1 second left.

THAT'S entertainment.

Hearing some of these asswipes talk, you'd think the Bills were on the other side of these turn of events. To me, it's moments like these that make the NFL fun to watch. If certain people cannot enjoy these moments, then I really don't see why they bother following the sport.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-19-2014 at 11:14 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (10-19-2014),jimmifli (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

we need a circlejerk avatar because that basically is this website every sunday night one way or another

4. Post thanked by:

IlluminatusUIUC (10-19-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Seriously, those that complain minutes after a win like this are pretty much asswipes.

How can you not come away with a sense of having been entertained?

That's entertainment.

80-yard drive. Converting a 4th-and-20 on that drive, for Christ's sake. Converting a 3rd-and-12 on that drive. Facing 2nd-and-20 at the 30-yardline with 25 seconds to go on that drive. Go-ahead touchdown with 1 second left.

THAT'S entertainment.

Hearing some of these asswipes talk, you'd think the Bills were on the other side of these turn of events. To me, it's moments like these that make the NFL fun to watch. If certain people cannot enjoy these moments, then I really don't see why they bother following the sport.
    I know where you are coming from, and as far the NFL goes yes you are correct.

The NFL is garbage now though, every game I watch is 95% boring and 5% holy ****. Being at the games live is a total snore if you don't have a top tier QB. This game was awesome at the end, no doubt, but my god it was a complete waste of money and time sans the last minute.

For example, I spent 20 bucks to see GWAR at the Town Ballroom tonight after the game.

It was 100000000000000000 times more entertaining than watching flag flag run flag commercial incomplete pass flag commercial run up the middle run up the middle commercial punt flag commercial flag flag run up the middle commercial flag.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 2,072 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Our dominance can not be denied.
    unless they win the next 5 games they aren't going to the playoffs.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

7. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-20-2014),Historian (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,638 Times in 7,707 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    The D isn't elite but it's still top 10 good which is one of the things I think we needed to have a chance at winning, Orton is showing to be the game manager QB we've needed. The ST has been pretty good too in coverage. The only disappointment this season to me has been the O-line/running game. That said we've still done as good as I would have hoped to start the season. As the only game I really upset over is the Houston game. As sure it would have been nice to beat New England but they're still better than we are but the gap is getting closer and closer and thankfully they have a seemingly more difficult schedule than us over the next few weeks so there's a chance we could still surpass them for the division but we're still in the Wild Card discussion and if Pittsburgh wins tomorrow night the 7th best team in the Conference.
    You are dreaming.

The Defense is not "top 10". A good team and a good QB opposition...they are toast. Wait until we go to Denver and you see Manning carve us up like the turkey they are.

Orton SUCKS!!! When are you guys going to get this through your thick skulls. Having a QB that is a "manager" is another word for LOSER!!! Sorry, but Orton has NEVER shown that he could be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. Period. The only thing you count on him for is making the big mistake...every single game. He'll get sacked more and more, because he sucks and runs as badly as Bledsoe....but without the arm. He sucks!

The O'line is not as bad as they seem. Coaching and having the worst offensive pay calling in the league, and having a QB, like Orton, who is a sitting duck because he is a statue...totally immobile. Orton goes away, and all of a sudden the O-line gets better.

No, we are not "getting closer" to New England. We are as far away from them as we have ever been the last decade or so.

No, there is NO CHANCE we can "surpass" NE for the division title. You are DREAMING. Jesus. Haven't you learned from watching this team? Did you not learn anything by watching an old Brady pick us apart like it was nothing? Did you now learn anything by us squeaking by one of the worst teams will will meet this year in Minny?? Jesus. That should have been a blowout if we are as good as your rose colored glasses see.

NO WAY we get even CLOSE to a wild card discussion. You watch. We lose next week against the Jets. A well deserved (if not lucky) to be at .500 at the Bye.

Then KC will clean our clock and embarrass us at home. We'll **** the bed against Miami on a short week...going down to the heat of Miami, the Bills will melt like cheap candy.

We'll beat the Jets at home...well...because we have to win sometime.

Cleveland will probably beat us at home. Denver will destroy us. Green Bay will pick over our dead bodies. We'll embarrass ourselves, like we always do, in Oakland so we'll be going into the NE game with a 5-10 record.

If NE needs the last game to secure any playoff advantage...they will kick the ever living **** out of us. If the don't need the game and rest their starters, they will still beat us.

This is looking like a regression year with the final record at 5-11. At the very best< i think we could go 6-10 if we beat Cleveland.
    Last edited by notacon; 10-20-2014 at 10:43 AM.

9. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    You are dreaming.

The Defense is not "top 10". A good team and a good QB opposition...they are toast. Wait until we go to Denver and you see Manning carve us up like the turkey they are.

Orton SUCKS!!! When are you guys going to get this through your thick skulls. Having a QB that is a "manager" is another word for LOSER!!! Sorry, but Orton has NEVER shown that he could be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. Period. The only thing you count on him for is making the big mistake...every single game. He'll get sacked more and more, because he sucks and runs as badly as Bledsoe....but without the arm. He sucks!

The O'line is not as bad as they seem. Coaching and having the worst offensive pay calling in the league, and having a QB, like Orton, who is a sitting duck because he is a statue...totally immobile. Orton goes away, and all of a sudden the O-line gets better.

No, we are not "getting closer" to New England. We are as far away from them as we have ever been the last decade or so.

No, there is NO CHANCE we can "surpass" NE for the division title. You are DREAMING. Jesus. Haven't you learned from watching this team? Did you not learn anything by watching an old Brady pick us apart like it was nothing? Did you now learn anything by us squeaking by one of the worst teams will will meet this year in Minny?? Jesus. That should have been a blowout if we are as good as your rose colored glasses see.

NO WAY we get even CLOSE to a wild card discussion. You watch. We lose next week against the Jets. A well deserved (if not lucky) to be at .500 at the Bye.

Then KC will clean our clock and embarrass us at home. We'll **** the bed against Miami on a short week...going down to the heat of Miami, the Bills will melt like cheap candy.

Cleveland will probably beat us at home. Denver will destroy us. Green Bay will pick over our dead bodies. We'll embarrass ourselves, like we always do, in Oakland so we'll be going into the NE game with a 5-10 record.

If NE needs the last game to secure any playoff advantage...they will kick the ever living **** out of us. If the don't need the game and rest their starters, they will still beat us.

This is looking like a regression year with the final record at 5-11. At the very best< i think we could go 6-10 if we beat Cleveland.
    I stated that well.

Did I just say that or think it? Oh well.

Nicely summed up. I will add that Orton is on pace to log 52 sacks in 12 games. That would be the equivalent of 69 over 16 games. What's our team record for sacks allowed?

The rest of the season is going to be ugly.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Not as long as Moron and Can't Hackett are employed. The just beat a 1-5 team. Barely. I'm still thoroughly disgusted with this team.
    These nicknames are lame. Please stop pushing them. They will never catch on.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seattle lost to a team with their 3rd string QB. They must be terrible. Manning just carved up the 49ers. He carves up anyone. It's like blaming the goalie because Gretzky got a couple of points, guess what? He does that to everyone.

I will have to check the stat line but I'm sure that Marrone and Hackett weren't charged with any of the fumbles. We gave them the ball in our end more than once and gave up 16 points. "yeah but it is Minnesota" isn't that what our defence is supposed to do to Minnesota? So now we are unhappy about giving up 16 points? Yes they gave up 100 yards on the ground (1st time but that doesn't matter) Who really cares if you give up 1000 yards rushing if they only score 16?

You could argue that Watkins is responsible for 2 wins. Wins that in years past we wouldn't get. Now we do and yet people are still *****ing. It's unbelievable. Personnaly I think running an out after a couple of times going inside is an excellent call and good coaching adjustment.

Doesn't it get tiring complaining all the time? I'm pretty sure most of the guys wives on this site don't nitpic or nag this much!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm assuming this to be a joke....

Safe to say that if we get to 8-8 and that's good enough for a wildcard than you can pull this thread back out.

14. Post thanked by:

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I won't even go with the Jim Mora whimsicals about Playoffs, but I'd say 7-9 to 9-7 is possible. Considering that I thought this team would only go 5-11 this year that's a nice step in the right direction.

16. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-20-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,473 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
    I won't even go with the Jim Mora whimsicals about Playoffs, but I'd say 7-9 to 9-7 is possible. Considering that I thought this team would only go 5-11 this year that's a nice step in the right direction.
    That's what I was thinking today. Can't get past the Pats in the division, struggle with AFC teams (wildcards and tiebreakers). It will suffice to buy more of my patience if they can just look like a middlin team that can play with the big boys. Been saying that for so many years though. Maybe is good enough for me for now, not like I'm going to give up on them, so...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    You are dreaming.

lol we are going to lose every single game the rest of the season except for that one Jets game?

I'd bet you 10,000 dollars that doesn't happen. Right now, in front of everyone in this forum.

SpikedLemonade

I still think we will beat the Jets this week.

5-3 going into the Bye.

The soul crushing losses will occur in the 2nd half.

Need to be 10-6 to make the playoffs.

20. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (10-21-2014),Mace (10-20-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,473 Times in 9,175 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

5-3 going into the Bye.

I think 4-4 heading into the bye and the soul crushing losses are divisional in the second half besides the obvious ones like Green Bay, Denver and New England on the road. Other teams play with heart game after game, we just don't even at home for some reason.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think 4-4 heading into the bye and the soul crushing losses are divisional in the second half besides the obvious ones like Green Bay, Denver and New England on the road. Other teams play with heart game after game, we just don't even at home for some reason.
    No, what is going to happen is we will beat the Cheesits, play Denver close, and then lose in an agonizing fashion in the final seconds of the Pats game. I am predicting a 100 yard pass interference penalty even when the Defense was nowhere near the receiver and the Pats come in as time expires to eliminate us from the Post season.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,900 Times in 3,466 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

5-3 going into the Bye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

5-3 going into the Bye.

Well, teams have gone to the playoffs with worse records than 10-6.

Actually you just need to win the Division to go to the playoffs.