Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Say what you will about my boy Orton...

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Say what you will about my boy Orton...

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I watched the game rewind last night.

It was a late flag on the grounding call & the announcers were surprised it was called.

They said is was a miscommunication.
    Grounding flags often come late because they have to include elements that different refs are responsible for watching, so it often requires a conference.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

2. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-21-2014)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Nice try. You obviously know nothing about sales. Nothing. And you know nothing about what would "go over" well in my workplace. Nothing.

In the real world, I just hired three young guys to take over large parts of the country that I could not cover anymore. I am not a sales person. I AM the "boss". I work with these guys and nurture them day in and day out. I put them in tough situations so they will learn...and they learn much more quickly by making mistakes and learning from them.

In a mature sales organization, like mine, there is little "closing of the sale". There is taking care of and partnering with our dealers.

Your scenario is more like this:

Owner: "Hey, Notacon, I think your young guys need to be sat down. I hired this older guy with experience"
    Notacon: "I know him. He has failed in every company he has worked for"
    Owner: "Oh, come on. It's only been five companies he's been with before. He'll do better here"
    Notacon: "Uh....sorry. But this guy makes huge mistakes every time he's with a client. He will destroy the partnerships I have been building"
    Owner: "It's not that bad. The other companies used him wrong."
    Notacon: "No, they didn't. None of the other companies in our market will hire this guy to be the lead salesperson. The ones that have put him in the lead job always have pulled him back because he's just to inconsistent"
    Owner: "But, he's better than every single young guy on your team"
    Notacon: "Marginally. My young guys don't make the big mistake like this older guy. The young guys don't take chances because that's how I taught them. Blame me. The old guy performs well one day...and crappy the next. Our dealers need consistency and long term attention."
    Owner: "I don't care about long term. Just now!"
    Notacon: "The old guy will not increase our sales very much. Maybe, not at all. We may even go backwards"
    Owner: "I don't care. Use the old guy, he'll do better than he did with any other company"
    Notacon: "No, he won't. He's set in his ways. I've already seen his best and it's not close to good enough."
    Owner: "I don't care about what he's done before. I want him because I want him"

Sorry, Orton does not give the Bills the best opportunity to win over the long run...meaning this season.

Will you jerks admit you were wrong, wrong, wrong when the Bills end up with a 5-11 or 6-10 record???
    Wait, so in your fantasy scenario EJ is the consistent one? What?

4. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Notacon: Our dealers need consistency and long term attention."
    the young guy isn't giving them that either.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-21-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,698 Times in 7,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto View Post
    I do not believe the Bills would have won the last 2 games under EJ. So, no, I can't agree w/you that "Orton does not give the Bills the best opportunity to win over the long run...meaning this season." I think he most certainly does. And I do not consider 1 season - "the long run"...
    It's irrelevant. And, yes, I do believe that EJ could have won the two games that we did under Orton. It's a hypothetical that is impossible to prove.

I do know this. Orton was lucky against Detroit. They were without their best player, and Stafford's crutch...his game showed that. Their kicker failed time and time again. Our kicker made an unusual long FG after Orton was saved by his inaccurate throw to Watkins that if he did not do a superhuman leap, would assuredly been a game ending INT.

The Vikings suck. I mean really suck. Orton did all he could to give that game away. His immobility caused several sacks...the kind of immunity that EJ does not have.

In any event, what I am saying is that Orton is NOT CAPABLE of leading any team, today, to a better than .500 season as starter. He will not do so this year either. If we are going to have a sub-.500 season anyway, why not do it with EJ so we know that he's a bust. Now, no one has any idea. I know what I get with Orton...and it's just not good enough.

And don't give me that crap that "no one thinks he's the long term solution". We said that after Fitzpatrick right up until they gave him a huge contract. I don't know what to expect from Pagula, but, if recent history is any guide, if the Bills get lucky and end up 8-8, there will be asses here that will want him as starter for next year...and beyond.

If the Bills had pulled the trigger on someone reliable, like Peyton Manning (and yes, they could have gotten him if we had a good owner) or Alex Smith...we would not be having this discussion.

Orton sucks. He will reward your faith in him with a 5-11 or 6-10 record.

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Wait, so in your fantasy scenario EJ is the consistent one? What?
    No. My "fantasy" scenario to answer an absurd fantasy scenario...Orton is is known inconsistent one...the known entity that has shown all he's got, and no team wants him as their starter. He's just not starter material. I have gone over his shortcomings time and time again here, and other threads.

We have seen this before...so many times that it's sickening. There is no doubt that they played EJ too quickly (I did not think he should have been drafted in the first place). To compound that **** up with another one in Orton does not bring the Bills any closer to the playoffs..at ALL!

The interesting thing in jimmi's awful and inaccurate dialogue, is that he tired to put ME in the place of Orton. Well...I am Peyton Manning in my profession. Bringing in a Peyton Manning and not replacing a young guy is stupid. Bringing in an experienced guy with a long record of mediocrity and replacing the young guy that the organization is mentoring is stupid.

Interestingly, in the real world, I DID bring in young guys to replace me. And I have found that putting pressure on inexperienced newcomers (with proper mentoring...which is what I do) they respond.

Bringing in an experienced guy with a terrible track record not only does not help my sales force but it wrecks the new guys I am mentoring.

The similarity in the HUGE mistakes the Bills have with this team shows just how much they need to be cleaned out.

Anyone who thinks this is a EJ vs. Orton thing is stupid beyond measure. My expertise in this matter will be borne out at the end of the year with the Bills record. The dopes will be full of excuses. I have called it. I expect a 5-11 or 6-10 record from Orton led Bills. The very best, if the Pats do not need the last game of the year, will be 7-9.

Wasted year, as has become the Bills trademark for the past 20 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills were not getting Peyton Manning even if Jesus Christ was the owner. Ther were not ready at the time to be a winning team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

8. Post thanked by:

better days (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The interesting thing in jimmi's awful and inaccurate dialogue, is that he tired to put ME in the place of Orton. Well...I am Peyton Manning in my profession. Bringing in a Peyton Manning and not replacing a young guy is stupid. Bringing in an experienced guy with a long record of mediocrity and replacing the young guy that the organization is mentoring is stupid.

Ummmmmmmm.......

Errrrrrr...........

Well, thank you for gracing us with your presence.

I'm not sure if we have ever been so honored in our lives.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well...I am Peyton Manning in my profession.
    You are to your profession what Peyton Manning is to dancing.

Unless you're a professional jackass.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    You are to your profession what Peyton Manning is to dancing.

Unless you're a professional jackass.
    Just what I expect from ass hats like you.

You have NO IDEA who you are talking to.

Sales managers are measured by how much sales they bring in, which results in commission. My earnings are my credentials, and I bet a dime to a thousand that I paid more in income and property taxes than 98% of the posters here earned in total income.

Anyway. I don't have to prove **** to you. I'm very, very confident in my professional expertise as I laugh at idiots that assume they know what they are talking about when it comes to guessing what place I hold in the real world.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Ummmmmmmm.......

Errrrrrr...........

Well, thank you for gracing us with your presence.

I'm not sure if we have ever been so honored in our lives.
    I'm not sure either. I bet not.

13. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills were not getting Peyton Manning even if Jesus Christ was the owner. Ther were not ready at the time to be a winning team.
    Pure conjecture. But, I think they could have if they tried. Wilson made that impossible for various reasons. It was a hypothetical situation which so many of the posts on this site are.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Grounding flags often come late because they have to include elements that different refs are responsible for watching, so it often requires a conference.
    Like I said, the announcers both said it was a miscommunication & they were both surprised it was called.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sales managers are measured by how much sales they bring in, which results in commission. My earnings are my credentials, and I bet a dime to a thousand that I paid more in income and property taxes than 98% of the posters here earned in total income.

Anyway. I don't have to prove **** to you. I'm very, very confident in my professional expertise as I laugh at idiots that assume they know what they are talking about when it comes to guessing what place I hold in the real world.
    You know, I like you but everytime you go on one of your rants about how much you make and how it measures your worth you sound like a damned Republican.

And your last sentence is ironic considering you are guessing what place we all hold in the real world.

You have no idea what any of us make or where we are.

17. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You know, I like you but everytime you go on one of your rants about how much you make and how it measures your worth you sound like a damned Republican.

And your last sentence is ironic considering you are guessing what place we all hold in the real world.

Hey, I could use a little help.

Personal checks happily accepted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The line judge (or head linesman, depending on the side) needs to confer with the head ref. One rules whether he was in the pocket, the other helps decide if there is an eligible receiver in the area.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't see what the problem is. We have message board reporters with inside sources and mb GM's too.

I can see how we have MB Billionaires spending a lot of time on BZ. BZ is that special.

Who knows. Maybe noty is Donald Trump.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Only when I am challenged by dopes. I really don't care what everyone else earns. I don't make up **** about posters personal life just in order to insult them, like Wagon did. Sorry, but when I am attacked, I stand up for myself.

I don't respect personal attacks in the place of reasoned argument. I put forth my opinion and I'm attacked as not being a Bills fan. I knock down a silly fantasy argument that brings my personal life into a stupid football discussion...I'm attacked.

If you crticized Joe and Wagon for attacking me, you would have some credibility. You didn't so STFU!
    Last edited by notacon; 10-21-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I don't see what the problem is. We have message board reporters with inside sources and mb GM's too.

I can see how we have MB Billionaires spending a lot of time on BZ. BZ is that special.

Who knows. Maybe noty is Donald Trump.
    I admit to being an ass hole sometimes...Jesus, we all are. But I'm not THAT BIG an ass hole.
    Last edited by notacon; 10-21-2014 at 01:47 PM.

23. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (10-27-2014),justasportsfan (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I admit to being an ******* sometimes...Jesus, we all are. But I'm not THAT BIG as *******.
    sometimes?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Only when I am challenged by dopes. I really don't care what everyone else earns. I don't make up **** about posters personal life just in order to insult them, like Wagon did. Sorry, but when I am attacked, I stand up for myself.

I don't respect personal attacks in the place of reasoned argument. I put forth my opinion and I'm attacked as not being a Bills fan. I knock down a silly fantasy argument that brings my personal life into a stupid football discussion...I'm attacked.

If you crticized Joe and Wagon for attacking me, you would have some credibility. You din't so STFU!
    Oh please.

My credibility in no way needs your endorsement.

And it was not about you attacking them - they can more than defend themselves (and it's not like Wagon and I are great internet pals or anything)

My only point is that you acting like your income is some measure of your actual worth is silly and stupid and should be below you.

Like it or not.

In the meantime my "credibility" will survive just fine

26. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I admit to being an ass hole sometimes...Jesus, we all are. But I'm not THAT BIG an ass hole.
    Don't underestimate yourself, notacon. You're a tremendous ass hole.

28. Post thanked by:

swiper (10-21-2014)