Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Say what you will about my boy Orton...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Say what you will about my boy Orton...

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    He's won 2 games for us and made several nice plays. But he's also turned the ball over 4 times in the last 2 games and in costly ways.

I'll take it. But it's not like we have the long term answer at QB; on that we both agree.
    If he wins a playoff game for us this season will you have to change your name to OrtonEra?

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't think anybody has said he is the long term answer or that the Bills have no messed up the QB position for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,242 Times in 15,406 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like him.

I like that "just **** my pants look" when he runs...

5. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-21-2014),jimmifli (10-20-2014),Mace (10-20-2014),Meathead (10-21-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-20-2014)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    If he wins a playoff game for us this season will you have to change your name to OrtonEra?
    I'm at SB appearance at this point.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,694 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto View Post
    Nottie, outside of the few ******s that are making Orton sound like another Peyton Manning, I think most people are in agreement with you. BUT, so long as Orton is playing better than EJ (which you admit he is) he needs to be the one playing. We have no other QB so arguing about him being a backup is moot. Right now, in our roster, he's the best QB and therefore he needs to play. And we are supporting him while he is playing.

That's all. I don't think he's a franchise QB, but right now, he's the best we've got. Sad or not, that is the situation and he is making some throws that I personally don't think EJ could make. I have high hopes that EJ will improve with time, but his constant throwing behind WRs happened too often and almost got Marquise Goodwin killed. The last thing I want to see is Watkins being carried out in a stretcher.

Orton is the best QB on our roster right now and I will support him for the year. In the offseason, if the FO can find a better alternative...I'm all for it.
    I disagree that "outside of the few ******s that are making Orton sound like another Peyton Manning, I think most people are in agreement with you."....that is why I'm pilloried for telling the truth. I see many, many posts that overstate what he is doing, and what he is.

You can "support" him while he is playing all you want. I do EVERY SINGLE GAME!

But, calling out my loyalty as a Bills fan...and saying that I "am not a fan" is beyond the pale and repugnant.

Orton sucks. I don't care if we "support" him or not. He will not get this, or any other team above .500.

I want MORE from my team after being disappointed for over 50 years. There is a reason we have never won a championship (outside the AFL). Hopefully Pagula does what he has to do and clean house.

8. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I disagree that "outside of the few ******s that are making Orton sound like another Peyton Manning, I think most people are in agreement with you."....that is why I'm pilloried for telling the truth. I see many, many posts that overstate what he is doing, and what he is.

But, calling out my loyalty as a Bills fan...and saying that I "am not a fan" is beyond the pale and repugnant.

Orton sucks. I don't care if we "support" him or not. He will not get this, or any other team above .500.

I want MORE from my team after being disappointed for over 50 years. There is a reason we have never won a championship (outside the AFL). Hopefully Pagula does what he has to do and clean house.

Boss: "Sorry Notacon, I know you give us the best chance to close the sale, but this kid comes to us from Harvard Business School. We don't want to hurt his development by having him watch you close. He needs the experience, that's why we're giving him the opportunity to handle all your big accounts"
    Notacon: "But he's not as good as me"
    Boss: "yeah, but we think he has more upside than you. You've reached your peak, we think his can be higher... especially if he gets the opportunity"
    Notacon: "But I give us the best chance to close the sale"

I'm sure that would go over well at your work place.

Giving guys things they haven't earned hurts the team. If EJ can't beat out Kyle Orton, he doesn't deserve to start. Just like RJ didn't deserve to start over Flutie. And JP didn't deserve to start over Bledsoe. The reason we suck is because the team keeps giving people **** they don't deserve.

Kyle earned his job by being the best QB on our roster.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (10-21-2014),Dr. Lecter (10-20-2014),justasportsfan (10-21-2014),Mace (10-20-2014),swiper (10-20-2014),trapezeus (10-21-2014),WagonCircler (10-20-2014),YardRat (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Dennis Shaw was not a good QB so if Orton reminds you of him, that is not a good thing.
    Very true.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I disagree that "outside of the few ******s that are making Orton sound like another Peyton Manning, I think most people are in agreement with you."....that is why I'm pilloried for telling the truth. I see many, many posts that overstate what he is doing...
    Oh. You mean winning games? You're a loser.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And I see you refusing to give him an ounce of credit and discuss him for what he is - an average NFL QB that can win games with a team that has a damn good defense and a few offensive weapons for him to use.

He will not carry a team to great success. But he can have some success by playing within himself and using the weapons he has. Like a developing star receiver. And relying on the defense to keep the other team from scoring a ton of points.

That's what the Bills have,

Nobody is saying he is great or a star. You are imagining that. Or making it up.

He has not been great - not by a long shot. But he's been OK.

Don't make him sound like Joe Dufek or Vince Ferragamo.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (10-21-2014),Figster (10-21-2014),X-Era (10-20-2014)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Orton should still be in chicago but former management decided they needed to give up a **** ton for hype machine Jay cutler. Bad move. Orton has always been better than what people want to give him credit for. He's only 31. He could have a little curt warner in him.

16. Post thanked by:

Figster (10-21-2014),WagonCircler (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Don't make him sound like Joe Dufek or Vince Ferragamo.
    Vince Ferragamo led the Rams to a Super Bowl and almost won it.

18. Post thanked by:

Historian (10-21-2014),imbondz (10-21-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

yeah but by the time he got here ferragamo was starring in dentucream commercials
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Vince Ferragamo led the Rams to a Super Bowl and almost won it.
    So the Bills erred in not playing him?

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

C'mon Op, it's obvious you hacked into Notacon's account and are posting under his name...cut it out...

22. Post thanked by:

better days (10-21-2014),Dr. Lecter (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    It was not a horrible grounding call. Glenn was beat and he threw the ball where there was no receiver. Certainly the receive might have ran the wrong route, but the call was fine.

And while I won't say EJ is better, I think the Carolina Panthers would disagree that EJ would never make that last drive happen.

So would anybody that watched that game
    I watched the game rewind last night.

It was a late flag on the grounding call & the announcers were surprised it was called.

They said is was a miscommunication.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Boss: "Sorry Notacon, I know you give us the best chance to close the sale, but this kid comes to us from Harvard Business School. We don't want to hurt his development by having him watch you close. He needs the experience, that's why we're giving him the opportunity to handle all your big accounts"
    Boss: "yeah, but we think he has more upside than you. You've reached your peak, we think his can be higher... especially if he gets the opportunity"

Giving guys things they haven't earned hurts the team. If EJ can't beat out Kyle Orton, he doesn't deserve to start. Just like RJ didn't deserve to start over Flutie. And JP didn't deserve to start over Bledsoe. The reason we suck is because the team keeps giving people **** they don't deserve.

When he was drafted, the plan was to have EJ sit & learn while Kolb played for a year or two.

Kolb getting injured changed those plans, but now with Orton on board the Bills can let EJ develop as they planned to do from the start.

25. Post thanked by:

Figster (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,694 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post

Nice try. You obviously know nothing about sales. Nothing. And you know nothing about what would "go over" well in my workplace. Nothing.

In the real world, I just hired three young guys to take over large parts of the country that I could not cover anymore. I am not a sales person. I AM the "boss". I work with these guys and nurture them day in and day out. I put them in tough situations so they will learn...and they learn much more quickly by making mistakes and learning from them.

In a mature sales organization, like mine, there is little "closing of the sale". There is taking care of and partnering with our dealers.

Your scenario is more like this:

Owner: "Hey, Notacon, I think your young guys need to be sat down. I hired this older guy with experience"
    Notacon: "I know him. He has failed in every company he has worked for"
    Owner: "Oh, come on. It's only been five companies he's been with before. He'll do better here"
    Notacon: "Uh....sorry. But this guy makes huge mistakes every time he's with a client. He will destroy the partnerships I have been building"
    Owner: "It's not that bad. The other companies used him wrong."
    Notacon: "No, they didn't. None of the other companies in our market will hire this guy to be the lead salesperson. The ones that have put him in the lead job always have pulled him back because he's just to inconsistent"
    Owner: "But, he's better than every single young guy on your team"
    Notacon: "Marginally. My young guys don't make the big mistake like this older guy. The young guys don't take chances because that's how I taught them. Blame me. The old guy performs well one day...and crappy the next. Our dealers need consistency and long term attention."
    Owner: "I don't care about long term. Just now!"
    Notacon: "The old guy will not increase our sales very much. Maybe, not at all. We may even go backwards"
    Owner: "I don't care. Use the old guy, he'll do better than he did with any other company"
    Notacon: "No, he won't. He's set in his ways. I've already seen his best and it's not close to good enough."
    Owner: "I don't care about what he's done before. I want him because I want him"

Sorry, Orton does not give the Bills the best opportunity to win over the long run...meaning this season.

Will you jerks admit you were wrong, wrong, wrong when the Bills end up with a 5-11 or 6-10 record???

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nice try. You obviously know nothing about sales. Nothing. And you know nothing about what would "go over" well in my workplace. Nothing.

In the real world, I just hired three young guys to take over large parts of the country that I could not cover anymore. I am not a sales person. I AM the "boss". I work with these guys and nurture them day in and day out. I put them in tough situations so they will learn...and they learn much more quickly by making mistakes and learning from them.

In a mature sales organization, like mine, there is little "closing of the sale". There is taking care of and partnering with our dealers.

Your scenario is more like this:

Owner: "Hey, Notacon, I think your young guys need to be sat down. I hired this older guy with experience"
    Notacon: "I know him. He has failed in every company he has worked for"
    Owner: "Oh, come on. It's only been five companies he's been with before. He'll do better here"
    Notacon: "Uh....sorry. But this guy makes huge mistakes every time he's with a client. He will destroy the partnerships I have been building"
    Owner: "It's not that bad. The other companies used him wrong."
    Notacon: "No, they didn't. None of the other companies in our market will hire this guy to be the lead salesperson. The ones that have put him in the lead job always have pulled him back because he's just to inconsistent"
    Owner: "But, he's better than every single young guy on your team"
    Notacon: "Marginally. My young guys don't make the big mistake like this older guy. The young guys don't take chances because that's how I taught them. Blame me. The old guy performs well one day...and crappy the next. Our dealers need consistency and long term attention."
    Owner: "I don't care about long term. Just now!"
    Notacon: "The old guy will not increase our sales very much. Maybe, not at all. We may even go backwards"
    Owner: "I don't care. Use the old guy, he'll do better than he did with any other company"
    Notacon: "No, he won't. He's set in his ways. I've already seen his best and it's not close to good enough."
    Owner: "I don't care about what he's done before. I want him because I want him"

Sorry, Orton does not give the Bills the best opportunity to win over the long run...meaning this season.

Will you jerks admit you were wrong, wrong, wrong when the Bills end up with a 5-11 or 6-10 record???
    I do not believe the Bills would have won the last 2 games under EJ. So, no, I can't agree w/you that "Orton does not give the Bills the best opportunity to win over the long run...meaning this season." I think he most certainly does. And I do not consider 1 season - "the long run"...

28. Post thanked by:

Figster (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I like EJ as much as anybody (and probably, next to better days, have been his biggest booster here) and even I know that for the immediate future that Orton is the better option.

30. Post thanked by:

Figster (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

we would have beaten the texans if Orton was the qb in my opinion.

32. Post thanked by:

Figster (10-21-2014),Meathead (10-21-2014)