Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Lmao, yes so many experts, yes geno outplayed Orton, yes their run game dominated! Yes we were out coached, this list goes on.... Experts, SMFH

Thanks
    Thanked 11,698 Times in 7,758 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    *cough* *cough* *cough*
    Holy crap, was I ever wrong, wrong, wrong!

So happy that I was wrong. Geno Smith put on one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, I am still not very confident that the Bills will do much better than that 7-9 record. They only get to play the Jets one more time this year. They don't get to play terrible Minny anymore....or Chicago. These are teams having very bad years.

The Bills did not play that well against the Jets. This is a very good honest recap of just how terrible their offense was...

The Bills possessed the ball 15 times against the Jets, failing to gain a first down or touchdown on nine of those drives. Only three teams this season have finished games with a higher percentage of stagnant drives than the Bills' 60-percent rate against the Jets.

Consider that the Bills had by far the best starting field position (an average of 51.3 yards to the goal) of any team this season -- along with a plus-29.6 yard field position margin, the NFL's sixth-best since 2001 -- and some of the lost opportunities come to light.

That was the most striking observation from Sunday's game: The Bills scored 43 points yet at times managed to look just as inept offensively as the Jets, who committed six turnovers. And this comes one week after Buffalo's mistake-filled, 17-16 win over the Minnesota Vikings.

It's not the mark of a playoff team. It has the stench of a weakness that better teams can expose when the season is on the line this winter.
    The Bills offense sucks as much as it always has. Everyone knows I think Orton sucks, and as we meet tougher teams, his weaknesses will be glaring.

As I look at the rest of the schedule, I can easily see them winning only two more games, against the Jets and Cleveland. The next game will be a bell weather...and we're lucky that we're meeting KC in Buffalo instead of Kansas.

As a long time Bills fan of over 50 years, I have been disappointed time after time after time. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed.

Only the Bills can win these games. They have to prove they can on the field. I am cautiously pessimistic because I have to be honest.

3. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    As I look at the rest of the schedule, I can easily see them winning only two more games, against the Jets and Cleveland. The next game will be a bell weather...and we're lucky that we're meeting KC in Buffalo instead of Kansas.
    You don't think they beat Oakland?
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-27-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i hope oakland wins before we play them. because then the bills will be less likely to overlook them.

i thought the inability to move the ball consistently and how conservative the team was should have people worried about how the team can go 5-3 for the next 8. it will have to be that or better.

Frankly, if the bills want to be in the playoffs, they have to be better than the NFC North. that means beating cleveland for a start. and then there are 3 other teams that might make the playoffs because they are 4-2-1 and 5-3 as well. they are playing more complete ball.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You don't think they beat Oakland?
    Nope. If it was in Buffalo, yes. In Oakland, I think it's 80% chance of losing that game. If I'm wrong (hopefully) it still puts us at 8-8 (the most one can expect with Orton at the helm) and we're still out of the playoffs.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Holy crap, was I ever wrong, wrong, wrong!

So happy that I was wrong. Geno Smith put on one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, I am still not very confident that the Bills will do much better than that 7-9 record. They only get to play the Jets one more time this year. They don't get to play terrible Minny anymore....or Chicago. These are teams having very bad years.

The Bills did not play that well against the Jets. This is a very good honest recap of just how terrible their offense was...

The Bills offense sucks as much as it always has. Everyone knows I think Orton sucks, and as we meet tougher teams, his weaknesses will be glaring.

As a long time Bills fan of over 50 years, I have been disappointed time after time after time. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed.

Only the Bills can win these games. They have to prove they can on the field. I am cautiously pessimistic because I have to be honest.
    The Bills have to win against the Chiefs. That would be 6 wins.

Then win against the Fins AGAIN. That would be 7 wins.

Beat the Jets AGAIN. 8 wins.

Beat the Browns. 9 Wins

Beat the Raiders. 10 wins & hopefully playoffs.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nope. If it was in Buffalo, yes. In Oakland, I think it's 80% chance of losing that game. If I'm wrong (hopefully) it still puts us at 8-8 (the most one can expect with Orton at the helm) and we're still out of the playoffs.
    I think there's a 100% chance your brain is defective. See if you can return it.

9. Post thanked by:

better days (10-27-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I think there's a 100% chance your brain is defective. See if you can return it.
    What a jerk.

I make a reasonable assessment, and just because you don't agree with reality, I am mentally defective?!?!

Jesus. Ass hats like you make the world a worse place. Grow the **** up!

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,301 Times in 15,448 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think we beat KC, NY Cleveland and the Pack.

We beat the Raiders and we're in.

We lose and we're outside looking in with an above .500 record.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I think we beat KC, NY Cleveland and the Pack.

We beat the Raiders and we're in.

We lose and we're outside looking in with an above .500 record.
    I hope you didn't bet the mortgage payment the Jets would put up 33 points on the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How so?

Oakland is the worst team in the NFL right now.

Of course they can win that game, but putting it a 80% loss is way off base.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What a jerk.

I make a reasonable assessment, and just because you don't agree with reality, I am mentally defective?!?!

The Bills have an 80% chance of beating the Raiders in Oakland? This is your definition of reality?

You have a pretty strange idea of what reality is.

I'd call that an opinion...one that not many people would agree with, at that.

Just curious, but how did you come up with the 80% number? Break out the calculator with pure infallible math?

You should grow up a little yourself. Start by understanding the difference between fact and opinion.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What a jerk.

Your assessment was far from reasonable.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can we talk about our matchup against the Chiefs. My lord we are 5-3 and already planning how we will not make the playoffs.

The Chiefs are a good team if we can beat them and the phins on a short week I think we will get in.

I will concede Denver and pats as a L but I am not sure the pack will roll in here in December with us in the playoff hunt and beat us for sure.

17. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (10-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hasn't been because of Orton. It's mostly because our OL and we can't run.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I hope you didn't bet the mortgage payment the Jets would put up 33 points on the Bills.
    I do not bet on NFL games.

How so?

Easy. The Bills have a very bad record on the West coats, and in particular, Oakland. Every team wins some at home that they are not expected to. The Bills will be coming off two very tough weeks by traveling to Denver and then back home to meet Green Bay and then back to the West coast. I think they will come out flat.

I think they lose in a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    The Bills have an 80% chance of beating the Raiders in Oakland? This is your definition of reality?

You have a pretty strange idea of what reality is.

I'd call that an opinion...one that not many people would agree with, at that.

Just curious, but how did you come up with the 80% number? Break out the calculator with pure infallible math?

You should grow up a little yourself. Start by understanding the difference between fact and opinion.
    No, I said the Bills have a 80% chance of LOSING in Oakland.

Yes, an "assessment" is the same as an "opinion". Whine and jump up and down like a baby all you want. I never said what wrote was a "fact". Jesus. Get a ****ing grip and grow the **** up!

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    Your assessment was far from reasonable.
    I think it is. Have you been paying attention to the last decade of the Bills?? Sorry, but, they have not shown very much improvement in offense. The last two games, against two of the worst teams in the league prove that they are not anywhere close to prime time. Orton sucks generally, and all the overestimation of what kind of QB he is on this board does nothing to show he is any different than his 9 years in the league have proven.

Genrally, if you guys don't agree, then disagree. We'll see when the season is over who is so smart. I hope like hell I am wrong. I doubt it. No need to go ape **** over it. It's football and has little bearing on life. If it does have such an overbearing affect on your life....you need to get one.
    Last edited by notacon; 10-27-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Easy. The Bills have a very bad record on the West coats, and in particular, Oakland. Every team wins some at home that they are not expected to. The Bills will be coming off two very tough weeks by traveling to Denver and then back home to meet Green Bay and then back to the West coast. I think they will come out flat.

I think they lose in a close game.

What is the current Bills team recprd on the west coast and in Oakland?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

you want us to take you seriously but you post this?

The bills beat the bears at chicago and the bears are better than the raiders.

22. Post thanked by:

better days (10-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How so?

bills haven't won in oakland since the 70's. is that the stat? also, oakland has played good teams tough. only 2 teams in 75 years have gone winless? we just had one. so if oakland is winless into the second last game of the season, there is a lot working against us.

that being said, it's a ways away. perhaps the raiders start gelling together. maybe the bills start gelling together.

it's as hard to predict as any of the games, including the one 2 weeks away. let's worry about oakland when it's next up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    bills haven't won in oakland since the 70's. is that the stat? also, oakland has played good teams tough. only 2 teams in 75 years have gone winless? we just had one. so if oakland is winless into the second last game of the season, there is a lot working against us.

we never won at chicago too and we beat and they're better than the raiders.

25. Post thanked by:

better days (10-27-2014)