Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Our run defense used to be so bad, including last season, back-ups and no-names made their mark running all over us. And people *****ed, me included.

Now we are stopping the run for the most part, putting a hurting on the 'good' backs and stuffing the back-ups. And some still *****.

Would you rather go back to getting gashed for 200 yards on a regular basis regardless of who is carrying the rock? Not me.

Also, as far as I know, nobody has exactly anointed Brown as anything other than better depth and on paper a better back-up option than Ronnie Wingo or Tashard Choice.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      Actually, we usually play well in NY, although sometimes its a comedy of errors.

Its here where we lay an egg against them.

If they're a contender they should beat the Jets.
      Did the Historian call that one or what????

lol

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Did the Historian call that one or what????

lol
        But I was instructed to count on a loss by the constipated Twitter Gods

I'm so confused..
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by notacon View Post
          No, he's not. Watch him outplay Orton by a mile.
          *cough* *cough* *cough*
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Funny how Fletch and co. pretend to be magicians when they're wrong. They disappear for a while.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• alohabillsfan
              • Sep 2003

Lmao, yes so many experts, yes geno outplayed Orton, yes their run game dominated! Yes we were out coached, this list goes on.... Experts, SMFH

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                *cough* *cough* *cough*
                Holy crap, was I ever wrong, wrong, wrong!

So happy that I was wrong. Geno Smith put on one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, I am still not very confident that the Bills will do much better than that 7-9 record. They only get to play the Jets one more time this year. They don't get to play terrible Minny anymore....or Chicago. These are teams having very bad years.

The Bills did not play that well against the Jets. This is a very good honest recap of just how terrible their offense was...

The Bills possessed the ball 15 times against the Jets, failing to gain a first down or touchdown on nine of those drives. Only three teams this season have finished games with a higher percentage of stagnant drives than the Bills' 60-percent rate against the Jets.

Consider that the Bills had by far the best starting field position (an average of 51.3 yards to the goal) of any team this season -- along with a plus-29.6 yard field position margin, the NFL's sixth-best since 2001 -- and some of the lost opportunities come to light.

That was the most striking observation from Sunday's game: The Bills scored 43 points yet at times managed to look just as inept offensively as the Jets, who committed six turnovers. And this comes one week after Buffalo's mistake-filled, 17-16 win over the Minnesota Vikings.

It's not the mark of a playoff team. It has the stench of a weakness that better teams can expose when the season is on the line this winter.
                The Bills offense sucks as much as it always has. Everyone knows I think Orton sucks, and as we meet tougher teams, his weaknesses will be glaring.

As I look at the rest of the schedule, I can easily see them winning only two more games, against the Jets and Cleveland. The next game will be a bell weather...and we're lucky that we're meeting KC in Buffalo instead of Kansas.

As a long time Bills fan of over 50 years, I have been disappointed time after time after time. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed.

Only the Bills can win these games. They have to prove they can on the field. I am cautiously pessimistic because I have to be honest.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

As I look at the rest of the schedule, I can easily see them winning only two more games, against the Jets and Cleveland. The next game will be a bell weather...and we're lucky that we're meeting KC in Buffalo instead of Kansas.
                  You don't think they beat Oakland?
                  Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-27-2014, 07:49 AM.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i hope oakland wins before we play them. because then the bills will be less likely to overlook them.

i thought the inability to move the ball consistently and how conservative the team was should have people worried about how the team can go 5-3 for the next 8. it will have to be that or better.

Frankly, if the bills want to be in the playoffs, they have to be better than the NFC North. that means beating cleveland for a start. and then there are 3 other teams that might make the playoffs because they are 4-2-1 and 5-3 as well. they are playing more complete ball.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                      You don't think they beat Oakland?
                      Nope. If it was in Buffalo, yes. In Oakland, I think it's 80% chance of losing that game. If I'm wrong (hopefully) it still puts us at 8-8 (the most one can expect with Orton at the helm) and we're still out of the playoffs.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Holy crap, was I ever wrong, wrong, wrong!

So happy that I was wrong. Geno Smith put on one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, I am still not very confident that the Bills will do much better than that 7-9 record. They only get to play the Jets one more time this year. They don't get to play terrible Minny anymore....or Chicago. These are teams having very bad years.

The Bills did not play that well against the Jets. This is a very good honest recap of just how terrible their offense was...

The Bills offense sucks as much as it always has. Everyone knows I think Orton sucks, and as we meet tougher teams, his weaknesses will be glaring.

As a long time Bills fan of over 50 years, I have been disappointed time after time after time. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed.

Only the Bills can win these games. They have to prove they can on the field. I am cautiously pessimistic because I have to be honest.
                        The Bills have to win against the Chiefs. That would be 6 wins.

Then win against the Fins AGAIN. That would be 7 wins.

Beat the Jets AGAIN. 8 wins.

Beat the Browns. 9 Wins

Beat the Raiders. 10 wins & hopefully playoffs.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Nope. If it was in Buffalo, yes. In Oakland, I think it's 80% chance of losing that game. If I'm wrong (hopefully) it still puts us at 8-8 (the most one can expect with Orton at the helm) and we're still out of the playoffs.
                          I think there's a 100% chance your brain is defective. See if you can return it.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            I think there's a 100% chance your brain is defective. See if you can return it.
                            What a jerk.

I make a reasonable assessment, and just because you don't agree with reality, I am mentally defective?!?!

Jesus. Ass hats like you make the world a worse place. Grow the **** up!

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

I think we beat KC, NY Cleveland and the Pack.

We beat the Raiders and we're in.

We lose and we're outside looking in with an above .500 record.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

I think we beat KC, NY Cleveland and the Pack.

We beat the Raiders and we're in.

We lose and we're outside looking in with an above .500 record.
                                I hope you didn't bet the mortgage payment the Jets would put up 33 points on the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                                X