Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Originally posted by notacon View Post
    Nope. If it was in Buffalo, yes. In Oakland, I think it's 80% chance of losing that game. If I'm wrong (hopefully) it still puts us at 8-8 (the most one can expect with Orton at the helm) and we're still out of the playoffs.
    How so?

Oakland is the worst team in the NFL right now.

Of course they can win that game, but putting it a 80% loss is way off base.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

What a jerk.

I make a reasonable assessment, and just because you don't agree with reality, I am mentally defective?!?!

Jesus. Ass hats like you make the world a worse place. Grow the **** up!
      The Bills have an 80% chance of beating the Raiders in Oakland? This is your definition of reality?

You have a pretty strange idea of what reality is.

I'd call that an opinion...one that not many people would agree with, at that.

Just curious, but how did you come up with the 80% number? Break out the calculator with pure infallible math?

You should grow up a little yourself. Start by understanding the difference between fact and opinion.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

What a jerk.

I make a reasonable assessment, and just because you don't agree with reality, I am mentally defective?!?!

Jesus. Ass hats like you make the world a worse place. Grow the **** up!
        Your assessment was far from reasonable.

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Can we talk about our matchup against the Chiefs. My lord we are 5-3 and already planning how we will not make the playoffs.

The Chiefs are a good team if we can beat them and the phins on a short week I think we will get in.

I will concede Denver and pats as a L but I am not sure the pack will roll in here in December with us in the playoff hunt and beat us for sure.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

The Bills offense sucks as much as it always has. Everyone knows I think Orton sucks, and as we meet tougher teams, his weaknesses will be glaring.
            I hasn't been because of Orton. It's mostly because our OL and we can't run.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by better days View Post
              I hope you didn't bet the mortgage payment the Jets would put up 33 points on the Bills.
              I do not bet on NFL games.

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
              How so?

Easy. The Bills have a very bad record on the West coats, and in particular, Oakland. Every team wins some at home that they are not expected to. The Bills will be coming off two very tough weeks by traveling to Denver and then back home to meet Green Bay and then back to the West coast. I think they will come out flat.

I think they lose in a close game.

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              The Bills have an 80% chance of beating the Raiders in Oakland? This is your definition of reality?

You have a pretty strange idea of what reality is.

I'd call that an opinion...one that not many people would agree with, at that.

Just curious, but how did you come up with the 80% number? Break out the calculator with pure infallible math?

You should grow up a little yourself. Start by understanding the difference between fact and opinion.
              No, I said the Bills have a 80% chance of LOSING in Oakland.

Yes, an "assessment" is the same as an "opinion". Whine and jump up and down like a baby all you want. I never said what wrote was a "fact". Jesus. Get a ****ing grip and grow the **** up!

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
              Your assessment was far from reasonable.
              I think it is. Have you been paying attention to the last decade of the Bills?? Sorry, but, they have not shown very much improvement in offense. The last two games, against two of the worst teams in the league prove that they are not anywhere close to prime time. Orton sucks generally, and all the overestimation of what kind of QB he is on this board does nothing to show he is any different than his 9 years in the league have proven.

Genrally, if you guys don't agree, then disagree. We'll see when the season is over who is so smart. I hope like hell I am wrong. I doubt it. No need to go ape **** over it. It's football and has little bearing on life. If it does have such an overbearing affect on your life....you need to get one.
              Last edited by notacon; 10-27-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Easy. The Bills have a very bad record on the West coats, and in particular, Oakland. Every team wins some at home that they are not expected to. The Bills will be coming off two very tough weeks by traveling to Denver and then back home to meet Green Bay and then back to the West coast. I think they will come out flat.

I think they lose in a close game.

What is the current Bills team recprd on the west coast and in Oakland?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Nope. If it was in Buffalo, yes. In Oakland, I think it's 80% chance of losing that game. If I'm wrong (hopefully) it still puts us at 8-8 (the most one can expect with Orton at the helm) and we're still out of the playoffs.
                  you want us to take you seriously but you post this?

The bills beat the bears at chicago and the bears are better than the raiders.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

How so?

bills haven't won in oakland since the 70's. is that the stat? also, oakland has played good teams tough. only 2 teams in 75 years have gone winless? we just had one. so if oakland is winless into the second last game of the season, there is a lot working against us.

that being said, it's a ways away. perhaps the raiders start gelling together. maybe the bills start gelling together.

it's as hard to predict as any of the games, including the one 2 weeks away. let's worry about oakland when it's next up.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      bills haven't won in oakland since the 70's. is that the stat? also, oakland has played good teams tough. only 2 teams in 75 years have gone winless? we just had one. so if oakland is winless into the second last game of the season, there is a lot working against us.

we never won at chicago too and we beat and they're better than the raiders.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

The Bills record in Oakland in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's is meaningless.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

No, I said the Bills have a 80% chance of LOSING in Oakland.
                          Yes, of course. What I meant.

Yes, an "assessment" is the same as an "opinion". Whine and jump up and down like a baby all you want. I never said what wrote was a "fact". Jesus. Get a ****ing grip and grow the **** up!
                          LOL, you were trying to tell people that disagreeing with you is the same with disagreeing with reality. This is what you said. And reality is that the Bills have an 80% chance of losing in Oakland?

I'm "whining and jumping up and down like a baby?" You're too funny.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            you want us to take you seriously but you post this?

The bills beat the bears at chicago and the bears are better than the raiders.
                            I don't care one whit if I'm "taken seriously". Time will tell.

The '...one team beat one who beat the other...' is for college ball. Meaningless in the NFL. I gave my reasons. Even if I'm wrong on the Raiders, that still leaves the Bills with a 8-8 record and woefully out of the playoffs.

What exactly is the point?

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

that being said, it's a ways away. perhaps the raiders start gelling together. maybe the bills start gelling together.

it's as hard to predict as any of the games, including the one 2 weeks away. let's worry about oakland when it's next up.
                            I never said my opinion and prediction was based on any "stat". i stated why I think they will lose in Oakland, and even if they win, it's irrelevant as far as making the playoffs. Time will tell.

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            we never won at chicago too and we beat and they're better than the raiders.
                            See my college explanation above. Irrelevant in the NFL.

The Bills record in Oakland in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's is meaningless.
                            I gave several other reasons why in addition to that.

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            Yes, of course. What I meant.

LOL, you were trying to tell people that disagreeing with you is the same with disagreeing with reality. This is what you said. And reality is that the Bills have an 80% chance of losing in Oakland?

I'm "whining and jumping up and down like a baby?" You're too funny.
                            Yeah. The "reality" that this Bills have a long history of not making the playoffs. This team has shown very little sign of improving enough to get there this year. The last two games, their offense was terrible. They struggled for 59 min. against Minny...not a very good team...at home.

The "reality" is even if they win in Oakland, they will still not come close to making the playoffs with a 8-8 record.

And, yes, you are acting like a baby.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Yeah. The "reality" that this Bills have a long history of not making the playoffs. This team has shown very little sign of improving enough to get there this year. The last two games, their offense was terrible. They struggled for 59 min. against Minny...not a very good team...at home.

The "reality" is even if they win in Oakland, they will still not come close to making the playoffs with a 8-8 record.

And, yes, you are acting like a baby.
                              This is entertaining, just how how unreasonable you are being.

Keep it up, extremely successful sales guy.

The Bills have an 80% chance of losing in Oakland, and that's reality.

Reality is also that you have a 99.9% chance of being a total hump.

If I'm a baby, what do grown men do? Suck your dick?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                                • Mar 2005

I cracked up when I saw this thread at the top.

I love the win but if you listened to NY radio, like I did (was on a plane yesterday) I have to say that the Bills did everything in their power to lose this game. The NY annoucers were like "how are the Bills not running away with this game?"

I'm sorry but our offense (blame it on the OC) is a nightmare.

I'm sticking with 7-9. I think the games that we've squeeked out wins in, this game included, will be balanced out by the ones down the road that we won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X