Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Count on a loss against the Jets, and a 7-9 season.

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    I don't see how you can be so confident. It's not like Jets fans are sitting on the other side saying the same thing about us. I bet they are chalking us up as a loss because they are even more pissed and depressed about their team. I bet we'll be vegas favorites as well.
    The Jets are a 2 to 3 point favourite right now.

It is a coin flip.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    I don't see how you can be so confident. It's not like Jets fans are sitting on the other side saying the same thing about us. I bet they are chalking us up as a loss because they are even more pissed and depressed about their team. I bet we'll be vegas favorites as well.

It is a coin flip.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

It is a coin flip.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a coin flip.
      Home teams are given 3 points off the bat.

If a home team is not favored by at least 3 points, they are the underdog.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

I don't know how Vegas or betting works, but are they basically saying the 1-7 Jets are better than us?
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

No. They are saying the two teams are even on a neutral field
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

There's three games on the schedule they don't have a snowballs chance in hell at winning. Green Bay, New England and Denver.

The rest of them are all winnable games.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
              I don't know how Vegas or betting works, but are they basically saying the 1-7 Jets are better than us?
              Vegas is saying that betters think the Jets at home are better than the Bills by 3 points.

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

So outside of us Bills fan, the country views us no better than a 1-7 team. Worse than actually. lol.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                  I don't think it is quite that easy.

The Seahawks should have dominated the Rams yesterday. The Patriots should have dominated Miami earlier this year. The Browns should have stomped Jacksonville yesterday.

The league is pretty damn close. Really, the only sure thing game I see on the rest of the schedule is Denver. (and the Raiders are probably close to one as well)

Other than that? All games can reasonably go either way
                  Exactly.
                  All the hand-wringing. The prognosticating. The whining, the grumbling.
                  And yet: we're almost halfway through the season, a game back from a first round bye.

Face it: teams lose games. And when they lose, they won't look good. Teams win games, and not every win is going to look amazing. The Giants won the Super Bowl at 9-7.

The time to b!tch is over--that season runs from the day we lose our 8th game to eliminate us from the playoffs, til opening week 2015. But right now? Just enjoy the ride man... just enjoy the ride.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                    • Aug 2013

The Jets play decent against the Pats, which they always seem to do, and all of a sudden everyone is blowing their load over them.

I'm taking Buffalo this week especially +3 are you kidding me. They aren't great but they are certainly a better team. The only place the Jets are better basically is coaching.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

So outside of us Bills fan, the country views us no better than a 1-7 team. Worse than actually. lol.
                      Well, the Jets have a lot of fans, the Jets losses were to good teams & the Jets have had extra time off before this game having played on Thursday last week.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        There's three games on the schedule they don't have a snowballs chance in hell at winning. Green Bay, New England and Denver.

The rest of them are all winnable games.

How is Green Bay not winnable?
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                          • Dec 2008

First and foremost, remember: Vegas is not in the business of making predictions, they are in the business of making money.

Here's how it works: Picture the scales that lady justice holds, weighed down on either side. Vegas wants those scales to be as equal as possible--the "line" is the needle in the middle that balances the money between the JETS plate, and the BILLS plate. The higher the line in favor of one team, the more people are going to bet for the other team.

As those bets come in for one team vs the other, the line moves. So if there's a dollar on the Jets to win, and a dollar on the Bills to win, and the Bills win, then someone who bet on the Bills might make 1.75 cents (the payout depends on the moneyline, an entirely different conversation). But the 25 cents that doesn't go to the winning bettor is kept by Vegas.

So, as you can see, Vegas is PRIMARILY interested in having money go equally to both sides. The betting public determines the line. The opening lines are what Vegas is predicting, but that could move as early as tonight. And it will, probably closer to even by the time the week is over.

GO BILLS!

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                            First and foremost, remember: Vegas is not in the business of making predictions, they are in the business of making money.

Here's how it works: Picture the scales that lady justice holds, weighed down on either side. Vegas wants those scales to be as equal as possible--the "line" is the needle in the middle that balances the money between the JETS plate, and the BILLS plate. The higher the line in favor of one team, the more people are going to bet for the other team.

As those bets come in for one team vs the other, the line moves. So if there's a dollar on the Jets to win, and a dollar on the Bills to win, and the Bills win, then someone who bet on the Bills might make 1.75 cents (the payout depends on the moneyline, an entirely different conversation). But the 25 cents that doesn't go to the winning bettor is kept by Vegas.

So, as you can see, Vegas is PRIMARILY interested in having money go equally to both sides. The betting public determines the line. The opening lines are what Vegas is predicting, but that could move as early as tonight. And it will, probably closer to even by the time the week is over.

GO BILLS!
                            Great explanation on the betting line from Vegas.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                              How is Green Bay not winnable?
                              Aaron Rodgers vs Buffalo Bills pass defense.

Have you seen what he's been doing this year? He'll have 200 yards and 3 TDs at half.

The end.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                                Peterman Sucks!
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post

GO BILLS!
                                I can see the line on this game being even by game time.

Comment

Working...
                                X