Thread: Marrone the Winner of the Week!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marrone the Winner of the Week!

I guess someone thinks the coach is a genius.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...000736435.html

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Marrone the Winner of the Week!

i think the writer didn't know that we were supposed to beat the vikings by 20 points.

3. Post thanked by:

better days (10-20-2014),imbondz (10-20-2014)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's no questioning his decision to bench Manuel, everything else is up in the air. I'm still a fan of the guy.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

5. Post thanked by:

Don't Panic (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He has poor game management. Very poor.

1.After we scored our first TD he decides to squib kick it? WHY? They got the ball at the 40 yd line and ended up scoring their only TD. Huge error when you can just kick the thing out of the endzone.

2. Right before halftime Minnesota had the ball in FG range. It was 4th down and about 54 seconds left on the clock. We had 2 timeouts. If they had missed we would have had the ball near the 50 with about 50 seconds left and 1 timeout. More than enough to get your own FG and go into the half up by 3. If they hit the FG you still leave yourself with 50 seconds and a TO to try and get downfield for a FG.

He decides to let it run and Vikings go into the half 13-10.

That is just unacceptable. His biggest problem however is having Hackett as his OC. Doesn't match what we have at DC.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (10-20-2014),jimmifli (10-20-2014)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    i think the writer didn't know that we were supposed to beat the vikings by 20 points.
    lol
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    He has poor game management. Very poor.

1.After we scored our first TD he decides to squib kick it? WHY? They got the ball at the 40 yd line and ended up scoring their only TD. Huge error when you can just kick the thing out of the endzone.

2. Right before halftime Minnesota had the ball in FG range. It was 4th down and about 54 seconds left on the clock. We had 2 timeouts. If they had missed we would have had the ball near the 50 with about 50 seconds left and 1 timeout. More than enough to get your own FG and go into the half up by 3. If they hit the FG you still leave yourself with 50 seconds and a TO to try and get downfield for a FG.

He decides to let it run and Vikings go into the half 13-10.

That is just unacceptable. His biggest problem however is having Hackett as his OC. Doesn't match what we have at DC.
    The squib kick wasn't his decision, it sounded like after watching his post game interview. Not using a time out in the situation didn't make sense to me either. My only real complaint about Marrone so far is his clock (time out) management. It's not very good when the team is behind. When they are ahead, it's not really an issue it seems.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It wasn't his decision like somebody else made the call? That sounds odd.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    I guess someone thinks the coach is a genius.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...000736435.html
    LOL

Kyle Orton and Doug Marrone: When the Buffalo Bills fell to 2-2, Marrone made a decision that was second-guessed, sitting 2013 first-round pick E.J. Manuel for journeyman veteran Kyle Orton.
    I mean how can anyone argue with 10 points through 59 minutes and requiring a game winning drive with time expiring to put away the Vikes who arguably have the worst offense in the league and not much better of a defense.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You have to have the ball to score. Fumbling 3 times stopped that pretty quick. Not sure how that is on the coaches. Without the fumbles we put up over 20 for sure.