Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A slightly interesting stat

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A slightly interesting stat

Not sure if it means anything - in fact it might be meaningless.

The Bills are 6th in the NFL in strength of victory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...ory/order/true

So I guess they are not only beating crap teams
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

2. Post thanked by:

Figster (10-21-2014),WagonCircler (10-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A slightly interesting stat

I still can't believe we lost to Fitz

4. Post thanked by:

better days (10-23-2014),djjimkelly (10-22-2014),Mace (10-20-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I still can't believe we lost to Fitz
    More like we lost to the Houston JJ Watts, but I can go along with that.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (10-23-2014),imbondz (10-22-2014),justasportsfan (10-22-2014),Yasgur's Farm (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Lions are the only team they've beaten with a winning record so far.

8. Post thanked by:

imbondz (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The Lions are the only team they've beaten with a winning record so far.
    There are a lot of teams that I bet are in that boat seeing what the NFL is like.

For example, Seattle has only beat 1 more team than us with a winning record.

If you don't include us (who you must think are terrible), the Patriots have only beat 1 team with a winning record, and that team is only 3-2-1 because of a stupid tie (the Bengals).

I might be wrong, but I think Green Bay has yet to beat a team with a winning record.

I'm not saying we are as good as those teams, but I'm saying that what you are saying is irrelevant.
    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-20-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Cowboys must have the weakest. They're 6 - 1 and only beat Seattle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Not sure if it means anything - in fact it might be meaningless.

The Bills are 6th in the NFL in strength of victory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/t...ory/order/true

So I guess they are not only beating crap teams
    So do you think that it would have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult to have beaten the Lions if Bell, Bush, and Calvin Johnson had played?
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So do you think that it would have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult to have beaten the Lions if Bell, Bush, and Calvin Johnson had played?
    It does not matter, the win is in the books.

Good teams win when they play teams that are weakened by injuries.

The Pats* have done that for years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Would we have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult if we had Kiko Alonso playing?

It's football kid, people get injured all the time, and it's never an excuse.

The Lions beat the Saints with essentially the same roster. So thanks for playing bye.
    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-22-2014 at 08:07 AM.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    Would we have been A, more difficult, B, less difficult, or C, equally difficult if we had Kiko Alonso playing?

The Lions beat the Saints with essentially the same roster. So thanks for playing bye.
    Really? You're actually complaining about our injury situation which until now has been about the best in the league? Seriously? One significant player to date. Lions were missing a whole lot more than that, those were just the key players.

Nice of you to answer the question though. I realize that it's a toughie and I wouldn't want to see smoke coming out of your ears, so probably best you don't tax your grapenut sized brain on that one.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When did Reggie Bush and Joigue Bell become difference makers?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, here is an interesting stat....The Jets are giving up 26.3 points per game this season.

Not only the most points they have given up with Rex as HC, but the most they have given up since 1996 when they gave up 28.4 points per game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    When did Reggie Bush and Joigue Bell become difference makers?
    What you're implying here is that there would have been no difference between having Bush and Bell in there rather than having had George Winn.

Is that it?

I couldn't help but notice that you failed to mention the biggest one of the three, Calvin Johnson.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What you're implying here is that there would have been no difference between having Bush and Bell in there rather than having had George Winn.

Is that it?

I couldn't help but notice that you failed to mention the biggest one of the three, Calvin Johnson.

I didn't question if Calvin is a difference maker because he is a difference maker, the two running backs are average players who were replaced by another average player

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like that Stat Lecter.

Now lets beat a **** team this weekend!

21. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really? You're actually complaining about our injury situation which until now has been about the best in the league? Seriously? One significant player to date. Lions were missing a whole lot more than that, those were just the key players.

Nice of you to answer the question though. I realize that it's a toughie and I wouldn't want to see smoke coming out of your ears, so probably best you don't tax your grapenut sized brain on that one.
    You are not understanding the point. I'm not complaining at all. I'm saying that all teams have injuries all the time and that is not an acceptable excuse for either side. I never accept injury as an excuse for the Bills, ever.

Anyways, you don't think it matters that the Lions beat the Saints with essentially the same roster? I think that is a crucial point that you ignored and it pretty much sinks your entire argument.

It's called comparative analysis. Keeps people from just cherry picking information to make a predetermined point. You know, like you always do.
    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-23-2014 at 08:56 AM.

23. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kyle Williams and Nigel Bradham both missed the Detroit game, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge this for some reason.

25. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (10-23-2014),trapezeus (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Kyle Williams and Nigel Bradham both missed the Detroit game, but you don't seem to want to acknowledge this for some reason.
    When we win it is because of the other team was injured or luck, when we lose it is because we suck.

27. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    I didn't question if Calvin is a difference maker because he is a difference maker, the two running backs are average players who were replaced by another average player
    Again, so you're equating George Winn with Reggie Bush and Joique Bell, right?

I wouldn't argue that Bell and Bush are very average, but you're arguing now that a RB that was on 3 teams last season, primarily if not exclusively practice squads, and one that has 16 carries for 64 yards and 0 TDs, primarily in one game against us, is an average NFL RB?

Is that correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, here is an interesting stat....The Jets are giving up 26.3 points per game this season.

Not only the most points they have given up with Rex as HC, but the most they have given up since 1996 when they gave up 28.4 points per game.
    We shouldn't have any difficulty scoring at least 24 points then, right?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're right, they do get injured all the time. But to suggest that losing Kiko is like another team having 15 players on their injury list, with over half of their skill position players on offense, is the same thing, isn't really being honest in the sense of assessing the situations, is it?

We've had one of the lightest injury lists all season long. Even now it's not as bad as many teams. Don't equate poor planning with injuiries. Spiller and Jackson weren't doing much. Spiller because he's an overrated role player and Jackson because his days are now gone.

- - - Updated - - -

When we win it is because of the other team was injured or luck, when we lose it is because we suck.
    That's called showing up to an Tapout fight with an apron and a spatula.

Is that really your best?