Thread: Last Drive video

Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Last Drive video

Courtesy of John.

• Focus on the two guards. Both Richardson and Pears have problem with speed rushers guys switching shoulders, especially Richardson - one move and he's usually beat.
    • After the last sack, the Bills changed up a bit, bunched all 5 linemen tight to stop the leakage from the middle.
    • That 4th and 20 conversion, just as Orton said, they caught the Vikings still in alignment - Greenway was still directing defense secondary while Orton snapped the ball and he goes right to the guy Greenway was to cover, very much a veteran savvy move. I doubt he can pull that off in away games. On the opposite side, the Vikings SHOULD call a timeout then instead of the one right before TD.
    • Watkins got the TD, but at least two other Bills got open, Chandler could be another option. Gotta say this about Watkins though - he can get wide open, no wonder Orton looked his direction first.
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 10-21-2014 at 07:31 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Beebe (10-21-2014),better days (10-21-2014),BillsFanInNM (10-21-2014),BillsImpossible (10-21-2014),BuffaloRedleg (10-21-2014),cookie G (10-21-2014),Don't Panic (10-23-2014),feldspar (10-21-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (10-21-2014),imbondz (10-21-2014),jimmifli (10-21-2014),justasportsfan (10-21-2014),Lucidvizion (10-21-2014),ServoBillieves (10-21-2014),THRILLHO (10-21-2014),Thurmal (10-21-2014),WagonCircler (10-21-2014),YardRat (10-21-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Last Drive video

Why on earth did they keep saying "Hogan is Orton's fav target in the red zone" all game long? Drove me nuts.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

shows the stupidity of the refs. They make the replacement refs look like the real deal.

5. Post thanked by:

ServoBillieves (10-21-2014),Thurmal (10-21-2014)

This is great, and all I've done is enter my name! THRILLHO's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thank you for posting this. I got to see one play from this game while at work. I was flipping between FOX and CBS looking to see who would air it. Flip to fox, and I see a kick go through the uprights. I was confused. But realized what just happened. We won. Boo-yah.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Enjoyed dissecting that drive. That last sack should not have happened. The RT and RG are blocking just one guy and fail miserably. The defender pushes both lineman aside and forces Orton to jolt forward towards the remaining line. Horrible blocking.

On another note; how in the hell did Chandler NOT just completely bowl over 22 Smith on that 4th and 20 conversion? Chandler, massive man-child that he is, is moving full speed after catching the ball in full stride. He lowers his shoulder and just drops after the safety had stopped to set his tackle.

I'm no physics major but Chandler should have crushed Smith and picked up another 5-10 yards easily. Chandler just drops like he ran into a 5' 10" brick wall.
    Last edited by RedEyE; 10-21-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Honestly, what an amazing drive.

So much to overcome. Two sacks. Two penalties. Fourth and long twice. Atrocious pass protection.

The whole thing was like one step up and two steps back. But somehow they managed to get it done.

I was miserable watching this whole game and didn't think anything could make it better, but this drive did. The last 3+ minutes made up for the previous, horrible 57 minutes.

9. Post thanked by:

Beebe (10-21-2014),BuffaloRedleg (10-21-2014),casdhf (10-22-2014),Lucidvizion (10-21-2014),Thurmal (10-21-2014)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I still didn't see the intentional grounding looks like he got hit and the wideout was forced away from the ball. Damn I hate these refs.

11. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
    I still didn't see the intentional grounding looks like he got hit and the wideout was forced away from the ball. Damn I hate these refs.
    What pissed me off the most was that it was something that is a no-call 90% of the time and you WOULD NEVER call it at that juncture of a game. If that miracle pass to Hogan isn't completed, that penalty single-handedly gives Minnesota that game.

What also infuriated me is that those refs would sooner let their grandchildren be babysat by pedophiliac serial killers before they would ever call that **** on Brady.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

13. Post thanked by:

ServoBillieves (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RedEyE View Post
    Enjoyed dissecting that drive. That last sack should not have happened. The RT and RG are blocking just one guy and fail miserably. The defender pushes both lineman aside and forces Orton to jolt forward towards the remaining line. Horrible blocking.

On another note; how in the hell did Chandler NOT just completely bowl over 22 Smith on that 4th and 20 conversion? Chandler, massive man-child that he is, is moving full speed after catching the ball in full stride. He lowers his shoulder and just drops after the safety had stopped to set his tackle.

I'm no physics major but Chandler should have crushed Smith and picked up another 5-10 yards easily. Chandler just drops like he ran into a 5' 10" brick wall.
    But remember, earlier in the game we blew 3 scoring drives because we fumbled the ball away trying to keep a play going. You get the first down and you go down with the ball.

15. Post thanked by:

RedEyE (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    But remember, earlier in the game we blew 3 scoring drives because we fumbled the ball away trying to keep a play going. You get the first down and you go down with the ball.
    Perhaps it was for the best. I just don't think Chandler was thinking about dropping to the ground to prevent a fumble. He just crumbled. He might not have even known he'd already crossed the 1st down marker.

This is great, and all I've done is enter my name! THRILLHO's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Honestly, what an amazing drive.

So much to overcome. Two sacks. Two penalties. Fourth and long twice. Atrocious pass protection.

The whole thing was like one step up and two steps back. But somehow they managed to get it done.

I was miserable watching this whole game and didn't think anything could make it better, but this drive did. The last 3+ minutes made up for the previous, horrible 57 minutes.
    Watching this drive, I feel like we've seen it a million times except with the roles reversed. We are usually the team that is giving up a first down on 4th and super long. We are usually the team that has the lead with 4 seconds to go and the offense scores an 'easy' td at the goal line.

18. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post

To be honest, this drive probably put me in a better mood than I would have been in had the Bills completely dominated the Vikings all day long and blown them out. So many unbelievable things happened in that short span. The outcome left me somewhat dumbfounded.

Sometimes it's better to get something when you don't fully expect it. I was on the edge of my seat. The blood started really pumping after the 4th-and-20 conversion.

20. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Sometimes it's better to get something when you don't fully expect it.

22. Post thanked by:

feldspar (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The 4th and 20 had me swearing off watching Bills games for the rest of my life to suddenly being the happiest bastard on the planet.

That entire game took years off of my life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    The 4th and 20 had me swearing off watching Bills games for the rest of my life to suddenly being the happiest bastard on the planet.

That entire game took years off of my life.
    Isn't that true? I know Hogan catch and Watkins TD reception played the most on TV, but to me that 4th and 20 play is THE play, even play of the game. It happened quick to me since I normally expect some kind of timeout from the Bills. Right after that play, I yelled out to my wife upstairs "we are destined to have this one." Though I admit the intentional grounding call later shook my confidence quite a bit...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    Isn't that true? I know Hogan catch and Watkins TD reception played the most on TV, but to me that 4th and 20 play is THE play, even play of the game. It happened quick to me since I normally expect some kind of timeout from the Bills. Right after that play, I yelled out to my wife upstairs "we are destined to have this one." Though I admit the intentional grounding call later shook my confidence quite a bit...
    After they converted it, I knew they'd win. I was still crapping rocks, but I had a great feeling. When's the last time a Bills' team converted a 4th and 20 with the game on the line?