Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bills sign RB, after trial and failure

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills sign RB, after trial and failure

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Only two bites?

I'm disappointed. I thought there'd be more.

Yes, tell me though to see if we're on the same page?

Funny the double standard routinely applied by fools such as yourselves, routinely.
    Nobody can quite be sure what page you are since you're trying to compare collegiate stats and apply them to the NFL.

But since you asked Phillip Tanner spent 5 years in college playing in 36 total games, Brown spent just over a year playing in 14 games. Of course his stats are going to be greater than Brown's he only has 326 more carries. Also a total of 0.1 YPC avg difference between the two.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

2. Post thanked by:

better days (10-23-2014),SquishDaFish (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, isn't it.
    What did you think about Sammy Watkins' performance against the Vikings last week?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    What did you think about Sammy Watkins' performance against the Vikings last week?
    What kind of a question is that? Love to see more of it. You say that like I came down on it. I don't think I've commented until now. You've gotta stop reading what others say that I said or didn't say. They're full of **** most of the time.

Where was that against New England though? Or Chicago? If he shows up to half that in Chicago we win in regulation. Or San Diego, a home loss?

Watkins has shown up three times in seven games. Was that a breakthrough, can we expect to see more of that, or is he now going to disappear for two more games before showing up against Miami again?

Had you considered that Minnesota's pass D is almost identical to ours? In light of that is it as impressive as the numbers might suggest?

Here's the more important thing to look at and take away from that game, what did this offense look like without Sammy's contributions? Let's not forget that this was Minnesota, not Denver, and that the game was at home in one that we should have walked away with on both sides.

What are your thoughts on our highly ranked run defense allowing 5.4 yards-per-carry and 158 total yards to a RB named McKinnon and the Vikings with no pass support to even plan for? All I hear is everyone crowing about our marvelous rushing D but I'm trying to figure out why it's only top notch when the RB sucks and sucks anytime we play a decent RB. Forte 4.8 ypc. McKinnon 5.4 and he's not even good. He's a 3rd round rookie from a nothing school that has lit us and Atlanta's 2nd to last ranked defenses up.

I'd be somewhat concerned about this top-ranked rushing D as the offenses we face become tougher. What are your thoughts?

I see us not being ranked near the top in rushing for much longer.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-23-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What kind of a question is that? Love to see more of it. You say that like I came down on it. I don't think I've commented until now. You've gotta stop reading what others say that I said or didn't say. They're full of **** most of the time.
    LMAO. So others are putting words in your mouth?

You do that to me ALL THE TIME.

6. Post thanked by:

Novacane (10-27-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    LMAO. So others are putting words in your mouth?

You do that to me ALL THE TIME.
    Well, there's a problem here. Here's what it is. Many posters here argue with me no matter what I say. When you, or anyone, takes a contrary position, it leaves me to assume that you think the opposite. What kind of a psycho would argue when in agreement, right?

So I'm often left to assume that based on the argumentative positions of others that they think contrary to what I put out there.

I do my best to respond do individual posts. I cannot help it if others then reply in manners that have no substance and begin just laying out falsehoods and the rest. That's the risk we all take here. At least I recognize that.

But really, there were threads about an "elite D" that had the support of quite a few posters which seem to have all now vanished since no one seems to want to suggest that anymore. Same with our RBs, DL, and WRs and a while back our secondary to a lesser level, not elite, but good. Now all of a sudden we're to believe that they are a below average group based on what I'm reading, which has been unwavering position all along.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I'm still waiting for feldspars response to my post above that and his answers to my questions. You can take a crack at them too bd, feel free.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What is the point of this thread.

It is almost like the original poster is trying to trash the Bills Front Office because they could not get the two practice squad guys they wanted.

Just for their clarification once a player is signed to the practice squad they can be signed by any team in the league. However, if said team promotes him to the 53 man roster then they keep him no matter what.

In both cases the bills target was promoted. This says that the bills at least targeted guys that were wanted and shows they do have some skill when scouting pro talent.

That said it sucks they did not get either of those guys because I think both of them may have had a future on this team. Tanner does not and will be cut once CJ returns.

I also believe CJ will be gone and will draft a RB in the second or third round. Look at a guy like Mike Davis from South Carolina.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    What is the point of this thread.
    What's the purpose and point of most threads after the initial rounds of posts.

You have to dance around the piles of poop to find something to interact with someone over and then when someone posts an intelligent, coherrent, and well thought out response posters here regularly send out their dogs to go poop all over the yard making the responses of others to the more serious posts that much more difficult.

This place is like a party after midnight. Anyone that doesn't have beer goggles is considered to be problematic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You have to dance around the piles of poop to find something to interact with someone over and then when someone posts an intelligent, coherrent, and well thought out response posters here regularly send out their dogs to go poop all over the yard making the responses of others to the more serious posts that much more difficult.

This place is like a party after midnight. Anyone that doesn't have beer goggles is considered to be problematic.
    To be clear, you think that your point on comparing their college numbers qualifies as an intelligent, coherent, and well thought out response?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ironically Tanner's collegiate numbers put Brown's to shame.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...-tanner-1.html

without looking at the circumstances of both rb's...... Van Pelt broke Dan MArinos college nos.

12. Post thanked by:

better days (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    To be clear, you think that your point on comparing their college numbers qualifies as an intelligent, coherent, and well thought out response?
    To be clear I was being entirely sarcastic.

Would you like to address the primary topic though.

It doesn't change the fact that Brown did nothing relevant in college, absolutely nothing.

So what is all this hope based on two or three games built on? Just that, nothing more.

Can we then use that to suggest that any RB in the NFL that plays two or three good games is starting material?

Start there if you really want to discuss this.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-23-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was referring to the original post not yours

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It doesn't change the fact that Brown did nothing relevant in college, absolutely nothing.

So what is all this hope based on two or three games built on? Just that, nothing more.

Can we then use that to suggest that any RB in the NFL that plays two or three good games is starting material?

No you weren't, and your backpedal to suggest such is just sad.

The primary topic that the Bills signed a RB? Sure the Bills needed a RB with all the injuries, Tanner wasn't the first choice but for what he will be its not a bad move.

Did you even watch Brown play in college or are you again zoning in just on stats?

Well considering Brown has seen action in 32 games in his NFL career I dont think its based on 2 or 3 games but since you're point is transparent what you're referring to is the three games in 2012 where he received more than 15 carries and went for 381 yards on 58 carries and scored three times while averaging 6.45 ypc.

He's only potentially starting due to an injury, but don't let the actual facts of the situation get in the way of a cheap shot.

16. Post thanked by:

mysticsoto (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Brown was the top RB in high school committed to Miami and then decommitted for some reasons. At the time I had a friend who followed Miami and rumor was Miami was not calling him every day or not willing to make promises (take that for what ever you will to him).

He then went to Tenn with Kiffin played the year, transferred to KState after Kiffin left. Due to transfer rules had to sit out his soph year and then played the 14 games his RSSoph year. He then declared for the draft against the advice of many and got drafted in the seventh round.

Had he gone back to school and produced another good year he probably would have gone in the third easily.

To summarize the guy has talent, did not want to play in college and wanted to play in the pros to make money.

It is what it is a guy with talent wanting to cash in for that, no desire to be the greatest just wants to get paid. I have no issues with it all and wish him all the best with us and whatever else happens with his career.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, it is hope for Brown, nothing more than that.

I base my hope on the fact the Bills liked Brown enough to trade for him.

Brown was highly recruited coming out of HS & went to Tennessee.

Brown transfered to Kansas State after his freshman year when Lane Kiffen left Tenn to go to USC.

He got injured soon after transferring which is why his numbers in College are so low.

He left KS after that season to go to the NFL.

He has limited experience, but he does have the measurables you want in a RB, speed (timed under 4.4 seconds) & power.
    Last edited by better days; 10-23-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,124 Times in 2,078 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One of the highlights of a message board is when a poster who types out page after page of information gets caught in a mistake then claims it was completely sarcastic or a joke.

It happens in all the forums and it is always worth a laugh.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    No you weren't, and your backpedal to suggest such is just sad.

The primary topic that the Bills signed a RB? Sure the Bills needed a RB with all the injuries, Tanner wasn't the first choice but for what he will be its not a bad move.

Did you even watch Brown play in college or are you again zoning in just on stats?

Well considering Brown has seen action in 32 games in his NFL career I dont think its based on 2 or 3 games but since you're point is transparent what you're referring to is the three games in 2012 where he received more than 15 carries and went for 381 yards on 58 carries and scored three times while averaging 6.45 ypc.

He's only potentially starting due to an injury, but don't let the actual facts of the situation get in the way of a cheap shot.
    That's one of the funniest posts of all time.

Me of all people DraftBoy, really believing that Tanner was anything even worth commenting on.

You guys truly are a hoot.