• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Hypothetical QB Question

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    Getting a QB is all about 'luck', in the context of Raymond Berry's definition. Be prepared to pull the trigger when the opportunity is there, but don't force it if it isn't. If a FA becomes available that they really love, by all means try and sign him. If one drops in their lap that is the best player on the board, draft him. Don't get so enamored by the position that it all of a sudden becomes a higher priority than it should be, at the expense of other talent at other positions.

Almost everybody wanted a first round QB. Almost everybody was slobbering over the prospect of being able to snag the 'pick of the litter' out of approximately four real 'contenders' (in their minds). Be careful what you wish for, you might actually get it.
    I agree with this strategy and that was my point. If Orton plays ok do not force a QB like they did with the EJ pick. We do need to get a young guy that they like and can develop but we do not need a day one starter in my opinion.

EJ may be the guy but this coaching staff benching him and why the benched him has me thinking not going to happen, and I was really routing for the guy.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

EJ needs to go away. His problems are not fixable and his presence here might hinder the Bills from pursuing a successor to Orton.

I'm pretty confident that Whaley and Marrone will be gone next year, though, and that will be the end for EJ's stay here.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

Let's wait until the Jets game, can we? The Bills hasn't won there for how many years.

I'm predicting that if Orton continues his 1 INT 1 fumble per game pace into Meadowland, the Bills have no chance.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
          The first I mentioned was 2016. Hence my point, why draft a QB in 2015 when we can wait till 2016. If Orton continues to be above average to good I say ride with him. See how EJ progresses in 2015 and if not seeing it then draft a guy in 2016. Either way I think it would be good to resign Orton after the 2016 to either start mentor new rookie QB or backup EJ.
          I agree all the way.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Childish Fake Voter
            • Jul 2008

I think you have to scout the QBs coming out of the draft, so it doesn't do much good for us to come up with a plan right now. I'd keep an eye on all of them and if there's a guy who does a nosedive from where he's expected to go, like an Aaron Rodgers or a Johnny Manziel, I think about trading up into the back end of the 1st round to take him. Unless, of course, we have guys who are slated to go in the 2nd round who we prefer or believe are equal to the top guys. What I'm seeing from Doug Whaley is a guy who can assess talent. The Watkins trade is all Whaley. If there is a QB we believe in as much as we believed in Sammy, we make another bold move to get him. Otherwise, we sit back and stockpile talent on the OL and in the secondary.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

I'd bet money that a lot of fans in Chicago would love to have Kyle Orton starting at quarterback right about now.

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                I'm confused how LB and T need to be addressed. Guard is a given, Safety as well, and TE is the elephant in the room, but what's wrong with Kiko/Bradham/Spikes (if he stays)/Brown/Rivers? Glenn is good, Henderson was a steal and young, maybe KuJo pulls his head out of his ass?

I'm not undermining or being a dick I'm seriously asking why you think LB and T are problems.
                They're legitimate points and you're probably right on the LB part. We've got a good core if Spikes is resigned.

I'm assuming that Spikes will leave, though, and the Bills really need all the O-line help they can get b/c there is virtually no depth whatsoever. Also, our D could go to the next level with a OLB that can really rush the passer.
                "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

If this team fights until the end for a playoff spot, and if the defense continues to play well, I could see Pepper convincing Spikes this is the right place for him.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                    They're legitimate points and you're probably right on the LB part. We've got a good core if Spikes is resigned.

I'm assuming that Spikes will leave, though, and the Bills really need all the O-line help they can get b/c there is virtually no depth whatsoever. Also, our D could go to the next level with a OLB that can really rush the passer.
                    Why would Spikes leave? I think he enjoys playing in Buffalo & I think the Bills will want to keep him.

Comment

Working...
                    X