• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: Watch St. Louis Rams...QB Related

Originally posted by better days View Post
    The Bears new HC Marc Trestman is supposed to be an offensive genius/QB guru.

If he can't get everything out of Cutler that is in him, who can?

exactly. and which analyst compared him to Jeff George? That was the most accurate thing i've ever heard
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Well, I think EJ watched games last year, but he was watching Thad & Tuel, not a seasoned vet like Orton.
      Very, very good point. Watching guys who don't know how to be an NFL QB is about as productive as getting piano lessons from a drummer.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I remember arguing with you DraftBoy about Bradford after he was drafted.

I said Bradford would be average/mediocre at best.

You said he was going to be a Franchise QB.

Looks like I win that argument.
        Sure you change my argument from the potential to be one to saying he was definitely going to be it. Then yes you win by changing my point, congratulations on that.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
          highly doubtful he'll 'retire' again, especially if he's starting, playing decently well and making 10 mil.
          but he would be making $6MM with no more time on his contract. if he performs to playoff level, he will probably not take the option. why would he? To make $6MM as a starting QB with no guarantee of longevity means you have to sit out to get your last big payday.

The bills will have to pony up $ and years to keep him. if that's the case, they hopefully go short on years and big on money. he'll only have about 2-3 more years to bridge to a better longer term option.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

The Bears new HC Marc Trestman is supposed to be an offensive genius/QB guru.

If he can't get everything out of Cutler that is in him, who can?
            hackett will.

And people think i'm not funny.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              Sure you change my argument from the potential to be one to saying he was definitely going to be it. Then yes you win by changing my point, congratulations on that.
              Well the word likely was probably used. I can't remember the exact wording of the argument.

But you said Bradford would likely be a Franchise QB while I said he would likely be an average/mediocre QB at best.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Well the word likely was probably used. I can't remember the exact wording of the argument.

But you said Bradford would likely be a Franchise QB while I said he would likely be an average/mediocre QB at best.
                Again I said he had the potential to be one. He had one of the best passing charts of any QB coming out in years. His accuracy was second to none. It's sad its never fully developed at this level.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  Again I said he had the potential to be one. He had one of the best passing charts of any QB coming out in years. His accuracy was second to none. It's sad its never fully developed at this level.
                  He also did not have a strong arm & came into the NFL with a twice injured shoulder.

He also was/is a pocket passer at a time when the NFL is going to more mobile QB's.

Which is why I said he would be average to mediocre at best.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Bradford is damaged goods. I'd take a shot with Davis though.

Then what do we do with EJ? Time to give up on him already? He can still develop can't he?

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                      Bradford is damaged goods. I'd take a shot with Davis though.

Then what do we do with EJ? Time to give up on him already? He can still develop can't he?
                      There was an article in the Sarasota paper the other day about the Fla State QB asking if the Bucs should draft him.

The Bucs will most likely be in position to do so. So do they want to give up on Mike Glennon for a guy with immense talent that is a head case?

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

his lean build was what made me nervous initially. and then his twice injured shoulder made me skeptical. now that we have as much data we have on him, you'd need a great line and hope he can perform in the winter. things i wouldn't want to gamble on with his price tag.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          his lean build was what made me nervous initially. and then his twice injured shoulder made me skeptical. now that we have as much data we have on him, you'd need a great line and hope he can perform in the winter. things i wouldn't want to gamble on with his price tag.
                          It will be interesting to see which team gambles on Bradford & for how much.

If the Rams don't, I think that will speak volumes.

I think Bradford would make a very good back up QB, but I would not want him as the starting QB on my team.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

I doubt they'll let Davis go.

And Bradford is made of tissue paper let alone glass.

If we brought him in, it would be Kevin Kolb 2.0 and he'd get hurt and never play for the Bills again.

Comment

Working...
                            X