• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JATMtheJATM
    • Aug 2012

Re: nhl news and notes

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
    Dude, get a map. Practically a suburb of Philly. Lol must have read the story wrong.
    His old coach is now coaching the flyers
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
      His old coach is now coaching the flyers
      And Hakstol played with his agent.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
        And Hakstol played with his agent.
        Yeah, so Philly has a real shot. At the same time, he did attend the sabres rookie camp, I believe.
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
          • Mar 2010

Yeah, so Philly has a real shot. At the same time, he did attend the sabres rookie camp, I believe.
          As an invitee? Wouldn't doing anything with a pro team screw up his eligibilty? Unless he paid for everything which I would doubt.

Comment

• gebobs
            • Sep 2003

As an invitee? Wouldn't doing anything with a pro team screw up his eligibilty? Unless he paid for everything which I would doubt.
            7/17/14: IN HIS OWN WORDS: DRAKE CAGGIULA

Development camp invitee Drake Caggiula talks about his experience this week with the Sabres.

The 20-year-old wing (5-foot-10, 176 pounds) scored twice in the Blue & White Scrimmage on Tuesday and will play at North Dakota in the fall for his junior season.

Camp is tough, but it’s a lot of fun. Coming in here, I didn’t really know anybody or anything like that. Nerves are high as it’s my first camp. I have a few expectations for myself and so far I’ve met them. Overall, I’ve had a great time.

My linemates Tim Schaller and Kevin Sundher were good all game Tuesday. The pace of the scrimmage was very fast. It started off real high, but it’s summertime so the pace kind of slowed down a bit. Guys started making mistakes and that’s when the goals started to happen.

My goal is always to be the hardest working guy on the ice. I’m not the biggest guy by all means and with my size, I always say I have to work harder out there.

Because I didn’t get drafted, it adds a little more fuel to the fire as motivation for myself. I kind of use it to prove people wrong, like, ‘Well, maybe you should have drafted me.’ At this point, it’s over and free agent life isn’t too bad. And here I am at a development camp anyway. It all works out. I’ve just got to keep working hard to get better.

Being small, you’ve got to be strong and you’ve got to be heavy on the puck and all that. Going to college, that definitely gives me a little extra time to develop physically. Being a free agent right now and being a little bit smaller gives me more time to develop and set me up for a bit of a different future.

My freshman year was kind of up-and-down, and I thought last year – my sophomore year – I kind of stepped it up and became a lot more consistent. Obviously I want to do a little bit better than that this coming year and step into a big leadership role there, whether it’s with a letter or not.

I just have to be a leader on and off the ice and contribute to my team in all sorts of ways.

Comment

• mightysimi
              • Mar 2010

I would think anything given would break the rules. They make student athletes pay back for concert tickets and such. I can't imagine he was the only one in there without Blue and White on. Maybe the NCAA only cares about basketball and football.

Comment

• gebobs
                • Sep 2003

I would think anything given would break the rules. They make student athletes pay back for concert tickets and such. I can't imagine he was the only one in there without Blue and White on. Maybe the NCAA only cares about basketball and football.
                Break what rules? Rules governing amateur status? Concert tickets are an extravagance. A development camp is considered supplementary to their athletic program and of their overall education. Not only can they attend, they can be reimbursed for travel and provided meals, etc.

I remember when Ryan Sittler was at Nichols. He and a few others on the team were attending such camps while in high school and traveling to see colleges.
                Last edited by gebobs; 04-21-2016, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• mightysimi
                  • Mar 2010

Break what rules? Rules governing amateur status? Concert tickets are an extravagance. A development camp is considered supplementary to their athletic program and of their overall education. Not only can they attend, they can be reimbursed for travel and provided meals, etc.

I remember when Ryan Sittler was at Nichols. He and a few others on the team were attending such camps while in high school and traveling to see colleges.
                  Interesting. I was under the impression that virtually any contact with pro clubs would be an issue for eligibility. I thought the gear/shirts/track suits that I'm sure he was given would do it. Although I suppose he didn't have to take anything with him.

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

Interesting. I was under the impression that virtually any contact with pro clubs would be an issue for eligibility.
                    Only if it was considered a tryout.

I thought the gear/shirts/track suits that I'm sure he was given would do it. Although I suppose he didn't have to take anything with him.
                    Technically, I think anything like that would affect eligibility but I'm not sure the NCAA would bother unless it was substantial.

Far cry from the old days. My dad's roomie at high school (military boarding school on LI) got a car and a house after signing with UGA.

Comment

• mightysimi
                      • Mar 2010

Only if it was considered a tryout.

Technically, I think anything like that would affect eligibility but I'm not sure the NCAA would bother unless it was substantial.

Far cry from the old days. My dad's roomie at high school (military boarding school on LI) got a car and a house after signing with UGA.
                      that is unreal.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                        • Aug 2012

JT Compher signs with the aves. He's gonna be good
                        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Radulov did not report to the Russian team as expected, and is in new York brokering a new NHL deal?
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• gebobs
                            • Sep 2003

Radulov did not report to the Russian team as expected, and is in new York brokering a new NHL deal?
                            Those rubles he's getting in Russia don't buy what they used to.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Florida is apparently changing their logo to more of a shield look.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• YardRat
                                Well, lookie here...
                                • Dec 2004

Whoever hacked into DetDannyWilliams account and started deleting his posts gets a cookie...

YardRat Wall of Fame
                                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                                X