Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: nhl news and notes

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: nhl news and notes

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...p-get-tighter/

Interesting take from Elliott Friedman on why at least on paper it looks like the Jets took a bad deal for Trouba. He believes it is tied to the rumors of the cap not going up to 83M and the tightening of the cap to reduce escrow on the players and wait out the new US tv deal in 2 years. As a Jets fan I hope that's the case lol I haven't had much of a reason to doubt Chevy with the team he has built but he better hit on that pick!!
    it looks like Elliot Friedman is way off on this one...

Jacob Trouba's decision against signing a long-term deal with the Winnipeg Jets was well-documented. Less so was his primary reason why.
    Trouba revealed that his fiancee's aspirations to become a doctor played a role in his desire to play in the United States. On Monday, he was traded to the New York Rangers .On Tuesday, he repeated what he told the Winnipeg Sun . The 25-year-old Trouba says Kelly Tyson's career is equally important.

"Everyone kinds of views me and I guess most athletes just as athletes, but there's other goals in life that I have," he said. "I want to be a husband and a father and all that stuff, and her career is important and she's worked extremely hard. I want to see the best for her as much as she wants to see the best for me."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/fiancees-career-played-role-in-troubas-trade-to-rangers/ar-AAD4dGb?ocid=spartandhp

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 747 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    it looks like Elliot Friedman is way off on this one...

Jacob Trouba's decision against signing a long-term deal with the Winnipeg Jets was well-documented. Less so was his primary reason why.
    Trouba revealed that his fiancee's aspirations to become a doctor played a role in his desire to play in the United States. On Monday, he was traded to the New York Rangers .On Tuesday, he repeated what he told the Winnipeg Sun . The 25-year-old Trouba says Kelly Tyson's career is equally important.

"Everyone kinds of views me and I guess most athletes just as athletes, but there's other goals in life that I have," he said. "I want to be a husband and a father and all that stuff, and her career is important and she's worked extremely hard. I want to see the best for her as much as she wants to see the best for me."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/fiancees-career-played-role-in-troubas-trade-to-rangers/ar-AAD4dGb?ocid=spartandhp

all that was known. That was the reason why he was traded, Friedman is discussing the lower than expected return on a 1RHD 50 point player in the prime of his career.

It gets even more weird after what I had read this morning from a Pit beat reporter. They had written that the pens had a better offer than the Rangers but Trouba's agent, the notoriously painful to deal with Kurt Overhart informed the Jets that they would only sign an extension with the Rangers and that they wouldn't sign until Dec with any other team and then walk in the off-season. With the Jets knowing this ahead of time, and KO not being able to talk to other clubs, if they traded him to somewhere else and he did exactly what they threatened, there is no GM that would trust Chevy again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Corey Perry bought out by the Ducks. Former 50 goal and hart trophy winner on the market. I would need a serious physical if I were to sign him.

https://www.tsn.ca/anaheim-ducks-buy...ract-1.1325107

4. Post thanked by:

coastal (06-19-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,463 Times in 5,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

all that was known. That was the reason why he was traded, Friedman is discussing the lower than expected return on a 1RHD 50 point player in the prime of his career.

It gets even more weird after what I had read this morning from a Pit beat reporter. They had written that the pens had a better offer than the Rangers but Trouba's agent, the notoriously painful to deal with Kurt Overhart informed the Jets that they would only sign an extension with the Rangers and that they wouldn't sign until Dec with any other team and then walk in the off-season. With the Jets knowing this ahead of time, and KO not being able to talk to other clubs, if they traded him to somewhere else and he did exactly what they threatened, there is no GM that would trust Chevy again.
    Wow

6. Post thanked by:

mightysimi (06-20-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

yeah unsure if true but the KO power play is a well established game.

8. Post thanked by:

coastal (06-20-2019)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 Times in 2,719 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Patrick Marleau's heading to Carolina.

The Maple Leafs sent him, along with a conditional 2020 first round pick(which will become a 2021 first round pick if the 2020 pick is in the top 10)and a seventh round pick, to the Canes for a 6th rounder in 2020.
    "The powerful have always preyed on the powerless. That is how they became powerful in the first place."

-Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones/"The Wars To Come"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Subban to the Devils for 2 players and 2 2nd round picks.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,530 Times in 4,288 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Panik not a bad idea. Sign 2-3 of his ilk.

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2019/6...ason-botterill
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form" - Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Patrick Marleau's heading to Carolina.

The Maple Leafs sent him, along with a conditional 2020 first round pick(which will become a 2021 first round pick if the 2020 pick is in the top 10)and a seventh round pick, to the Canes for a 6th rounder in 2020.
    They plan to buy him out. I expect him back in SJ.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...s-jacob-trouba

Well this is certainly a very interesting and very surprising bump in the road.

Early in the offseason the New York Rangers made a big move when they acquired veteran Winnipeg Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba via a trade. The move marked the end of a frustrating chapter between Trouba and his former team, a chapter that was marred by bitter contract negotiations and multiple short term deals for a player that many believed the Jets should have locked up long term at several points during his tenure there. The good news for the Rangers of course was that by all accounts it appeared that Trouba very much wanted to play for their organization and it seemed only a matter of time before the two sides came to terms on a max term contract. Well that may no longer be the case.

In a very interesting report for the New York Post, National Hockey League insider Larry Brooks revealed that the negotiations between the two sides have been far more contentious than initially had been expected. Brooks admitted that initially he believed there was no chance that Trouba and the Rangers would be forced to go to salary arbitration, a date that is set for July 25th, and would instead negotiate a new deal. What is even more interesting is that Brooks has revealed that he is no longer certain that will be the case, and given Trouba's history it would come as no surprise to me to see him hold out on his team yet again.

To be clear here Brooks says that he still believes the two sides will come to some form of long term agreement before going to arbitration, but the mere fact that the Rangers insider has doubts about the situation would seemingly indicate that negotiations have not been as smooth as expected. Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton and Trouba's agent, Kurt Overhardt, have reportedly been negotiating on the regular, but with just days between now and arbitration the familiar talk around Trouba is starting to pop up.

Fans in Winnipeg will be all too familiar with these kind of holdouts from Trouba, and you have to wonder if the Rangers knew what kind of headache they were acquiring when they traded for the talented defenseman. If Trouba were to get another short term offer in arbitration, I would not be surprised if his career as a Ranger turned out to be a rather short one.
    Something, something, Leopard, spots.
    Last edited by mightysimi; 07-15-2019 at 10:52 AM.

14. Post thanked by:

coastal (07-15-2019)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Looks like Ron Francis will be the GM in Seattle.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-new-nhl-team/

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lucic for Neal. Alberta teams swapping garbage contracts.

Trouba signs 7 years at 8M AAV

Thanks
    Thanked 8,530 Times in 4,288 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hurry up and trade Risto.

I can't watch him again shooting the puck off the boards from behind his net, only to see it stopped at the point and resulting in a goal. He can't break the habit.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,463 Times in 5,510 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lucic for Neal. Alberta teams swapping garbage contracts.

Trouba signs 7 years at 8M AAV
    Trouba at 8mil is insane.

Lockout can’t happen soon enough.

19. Post thanked by:

Swiper (07-20-2019)

Preschoolmini-douche Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,549 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post

They have the same problem the NFL did, These kids are getting paid way to much to early and it drives up the market, Dhalins next contract will be close to 13m AAV.

The Eichel contract for example.

21. Post thanked by:

coastal (07-20-2019),Swiper (07-20-2019)

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,955 Times in 7,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post

I was reading a post article that says the rangers are heading for cap hell.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/jacob-...lary-cap-hell/

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I was reading a post article that says the rangers are heading for cap hell.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/19/jacob-...lary-cap-hell/
    Lulz._._

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,955 Times in 7,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Lulz._._
    I didnt write the article. Just read it

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I didnt write the article. Just read it
    You saw the words "Rangers" and "Cap Hell" and it gave you a chub, Life is good in Rangers land, Gorts and Drury are doing a masterful job.

Kaapo, Kratsov, Miller, Prince Igor, Trouba, Panarin and 23 mill comes off the books in 2021.

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep