Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone so high on Bryce Brown?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why is everyone so high on Bryce Brown?

Only on an internet message board will you find MULTIPLE people who are excited about their teams' two all-pro RBs going down...

Because they are excited to see two journeymen RBs who have never played for any significant time, at any point of their careers, with any team they've been on...

Because they think that the two back-ups are going to do much better. Wait, they KNOW that the back-ups will do better.

Give me a break.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Why is everyone so high on Bryce Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmal View Post
    Only on an internet message board will you find MULTIPLE people who are excited about their teams' two all-pro RBs going down...

Because they are excited to see two journeymen RBs who have never played for any significant time, at any point of their careers, with any team they've been on...

Because they think that the two back-ups are going to do much better. Wait, they KNOW that the back-ups will do better.

Give me a break.
    I don't think I've talked to or read a single Bills fan say that they were excite that Freddy and Cj Spiller were hurt. We really don't have a choice but to get behind Brown and Dixon.....

3. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (10-21-2014),better days (10-22-2014),djjimkelly (10-22-2014),Pinkerton Security (10-22-2014),trapezeus (10-21-2014),WagonCircler (10-21-2014),YardRat (10-22-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

in two career starts averaged about 165 and two scores so theres that
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Eagles fans say he tries to bounce everything outside, goes down on first contact, bounces every run outside, has trouble finding cutbacks and bounces everything outside.

Most think if he could learn to be patient inside and find those holes he would be special.

Sounds familiar.

6. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Give me a break.
    Are you and Fletch dating?

Woe is ye...the Bills are 4 and 3 and they have the best quarterback leading them since when?

Lighten up, Thurmal. There's a lot more to be optimistic about than concentrating on the negative.

8. Post thanked by:

black N yellow (10-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post

Woe is ye...the Bills are 4 and 3 and they have the best quarterback leading them since when?

Lighten up, Thurmal. There's a lot more to be optimistic about than concentrating on the negative.
    I'm loving the Orton experience. I can't remember that last time I watched a Bills QB drop back on 3rd and long and was actually confident that they would pick it up.

I'm just stumped at the whole "Fred is old, CJ sucks" line of thinking that is becoming more prevalent. They've struggled b/c the run blocking is poor. It's not like Brown and Dixon are going to waltz into the game and put up 150.

10. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-22-2014)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Neither Boobie or Brown are great but they're good enough to keep the running game honest.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

12. Post thanked by:

YardRat (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

L
    I'm loving the Orton experience. I can't remember that last time I watched a Bills QB drop back on 3rd and long and was actually confident that they would pick it up.

I'm just stumped at the whole "Fred is old, CJ sucks" line of thinking that is becoming more prevalent. They've struggled b/c the run blocking is poor. It's not like Brown and Dixon are going to waltz into the game and put up 150.
    Fred is old and CJ does suck. That's not to say they aren't without value. CJ does have big plays in him from time to time and Jackson's toughness and understanding compensate for his age.

As far as Brown: like I said in another thread, I'm not excited but I am curious. This isn't the off-season where we have a full draft and full FA period to get a replacement. We are stuck with Brown for now, for better or worse. Let's just see what we have and expect the worst while hoping for the best. After all, it's the Buffalo way.

14. Post thanked by:

Buckets (10-22-2014),djjimkelly (10-22-2014),El Guapo (10-22-2014),Fletch (10-22-2014),Luisito23 (10-22-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-22-2014),ublinkwescore (10-21-2014)

Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Tom Brady was backup to Drew Bledsoe. I rest my case.

16. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's not go making **** up now. Which all-pro running backs are you talking about? CJ made the Pro Bowl one year...Freddie never did. Neither were ever all-pro. Just sayin'.

Of course it sucks that both these guys are out, though. The Spiller hatred is way over the top and unfounded IMO.

All I feel about Bryce Brown is that I'm glad the Bills picked him up.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who's high on him ?

We need him and Dixon to play. That's it.

19. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    LOL. That was behind a different o-line. Let's see what he does with this one.

[/not expecting much]

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Secondary getting burned with regularity

Two top RBs hurt

o-line playing poorly

OC not good

Well.... The punter pick up has turned out to be pretty good.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Although most expected FJ and CJ to get dinged at some point during the season, I'm pretty sure nobody expected them to both go down in the same kind. In the event of an injury, it is nice insurance to be able to go into a game with FJ/Boobie and Brown, as opposed to FJ/Boobie and Dude picked up off the street that still gets lost going to the stadium. At least he has carried the rock a little bit at this level. Unfortunately, both did get hurt, so suiting up Boobie/Brown should be better than suiting up Boobie/Lost Dude. How he performs given this opportunity will be interesting. I wouldn't expect much on the road, against a good defense, with a ****ty offensive line, but as someone already mentioned if they can do enough to keep the defense a little bit honest I'll take it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Secondary getting burned with regularity
    That's a fair trade-off for stuffing the run, as long as they can keep opposing offenses to 16-20 pts per game IMO. Getting gashed on the run will almost guarantee a loss, when a team is forced to throw it at least it creates more opportunities for turnovers, loss of yardage, changing field position, etc. There will be the occasional half like the second against the Pats, but those should be few and far between.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOL

Oh, I don't know, when was the last time we had a QB "lead us" to fewer than 19 points per game there Archimedes?
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's funny, prior to the season there were so many people here talking about how great Brown was and what a steal we got from Philly and how he was the heir apparent to Jackson.

Now no one wants to own up to those comments.

So typical.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    It's funny, prior to the season there were so many people here talking about how great Brown was and what a steal we got from Philly and how he was the heir apparent to Jackson.

Now no one wants to own up to those comments.

So typical.
    Well, I think Brown will prove to be well worth a low 4th rnd pick.

27. Post thanked by:

Buckets (10-22-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jry44 View Post
    I don't think I've talked to or read a single Bills fan say that they were excite that Freddy and Cj Spiller were hurt. We really don't have a choice but to get behind Brown and Dixon.....
    I'm excited.

Just use logic:
    If the running game was as important in the NFL as it used to be (or as fans like to think it used to be), then the Bills would have made the playoffs 10x over, as they clearly had some of the best RBs in the league when Gailey and Fitz were here. Since then, Jackson has lost a step and CJ can't run up the middle. Maybe they aren't as good as we thought/think? Or maybe the running game isn't as important as we think?

Ok, now we Hackett as our OC. The fans hate him. He doesn't "use our talent" and calls the game "too conservative."
    But yet, when Boobie was in at RB this week after CJ went out, he ran up the gut for 50 something yards on 10 something carries--good for about 5 yards a clip.

When we DID run like that with CJ and Jackson, one of 2 things happened: Jackson had to call off because he's older and can't play that way for 60 minutes; or CJ just couldn't hit the hole and would be stopped for no gain. Defenses knew/know this, stacked the box, stunted inside on us, and have killed Orton for 3 weeks.

NOW we have 2 guys in the backfield, fighting for a "starting" job. Theyll hit the hole, theyll get the tough 4 yards, and theyll make this offense look much, much MUCH better. Expect CJ to come back as a wideout in week 17.

I said Orton will lead us to the playoffs, possibly the Super Bowl. We're 2-1, and I feel good about that prediction.
    I think with Brown and Dixon at RB, this team could very easily win the AFC. I love how people automatically have us losing to Denver and Green Bay. Why?

What game have we NOT been in this year? And with those 2 overrated backs out, we're going to be even better this weekend. People are worried about us losing to the Jets? LOL. We won't.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Running does not matter in this league, you just need to do it a few times a game to keep a defense honest.

So it doesn't matter who's in the backfield.