Thread: Astorino PROMISES new stadium to be built in 2 yrs!

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Astorino PROMISES new stadium to be built in 2 yrs!

Gov. Cuomo debating Astorino tonight...question about the stadium keep the Bills at RWS or build a new stadium? Cuomo STILL stands by what he has been saying all along and Astorino says that he PROMISES a new stadium will be bult in two years. Cuomo then said this coming from a guy who is a Dolphins fan
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 10-22-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Astorino PROMISES new stadium to be built in 2 yrs!

Politicians suck. Get a real job, wankers.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who will be playing at this new stadium? I'm pretty sure the Bills have a lease agreement to play at the Ralph.

4. Post thanked by:

ParanoidAndroid (10-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,287 Times in 13,720 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    Gov. Cuomo debating Astorino tonight...question about the stadium keep the Bills at RWS or build a new stadium? Cuomo STILL stands by what he has been saying all along and Astorino says that he PROMISES a new stadium will be bult in two years. Cuomo then said this coming from a guy who is a Dolphins fan
    Yeah and George HW Bush isn't going to raise taxes and Obama's gonna close Gitmo........

A campaign promise from a politician isn't worth the piece of TP I just used to wipe my ass.

And even if he wins and attempts to follow through, he will meet a lot of resistance and won't want to waste all his political capital on a stadium.

6. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Santa Claus is coming, to town..."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    I watched the debate & he said nothing of the sort. Where did you come up with this nonsense?
    http://politicsnow.buffalonews.com/2...oken-question/ Scroll down to new Bills stadium & click to start the video.
    Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 10-23-2014 at 08:38 AM.

9. Post thanked by:

Dude (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Yeah and George HW Bush isn't going to raise taxes and Obama's gonna close Gitmo........

A campaign promise from a politician isn't worth the piece of TP I just used to wipe my ass.

And even if he wins and attempts to follow through, he will meet a lot of resistance and won't want to waste all his political capital on a stadium.
    Politicians and their promises aside, I think that there will be a proposal by Pegula and Delaware North that will have enough private funding to make a new stadium politically palatable, especially for politicians jockeying to take credit for a growing Downtown (which has nothing to do with government and everything to do with private sector investment).

A new stadium is not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Who will be playing at this new stadium? I'm pretty sure the Bills have a lease agreement to play at the Ralph.
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Politicians and their promises aside, I think that there will be a proposal by Pegula and Delaware North that will have enough private funding to make a new stadium politically palatable, especially for politicians jockeying to take credit for a growing Downtown (which has nothing to do with government and everything to do with private sector investment).

The only two comments worth responding to so far.

All we've heard is about how we're cemented, no pun intended, into playing at OP through 2020 when there's a cheap buyout and because the provision that Ralph put in the trust made sure that no one could move the team.

Now all of a sudden the implication seems to be that $400M is chump change and that we'll be playing elsewhere prior to that.

This place is insane sometimes. It's borderline certifiable.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

All we've heard is about how we're cemented, no pun intended, into playing at OP through 2020 when there's a cheap buyout and because the provision that Ralph put in the trust made sure that no one could move the team.

Now all of a sudden the implication seems to be that $400M is chump change and that we'll be playing elsewhere prior to that.

Wow.

OK, I am going to say thism being fully aware of what you will probably say.

The interesting thing about agreements like this is that they can be modified if all parties agree. If the team was going to be moved to LA or Toronto, obviously the county and state would not just agree to a change.

But, if the team was moving downtown, all it would take is an amendment to the current agreement to stipulate that the move is acceptable

It's not quite the same and you are comparing two completely different scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's a valid point.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

seems like a politician would be a little late to pushing buttons with local voters. i think bills fans like the ralph but know the shelf life is 7Y and that we need to be breaking ground in 5-8Y to get a new stadium. there is zero reason to expedite a stadium now that new ownership is here and the team is committed to the area.

if what he said were true, it would not generate him much in the way of votes and would be a ridiculous item to promise in that time span.

15. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,287 Times in 13,720 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post

I don't disagree.

I'm just saying that this is already in motion and an empty campaign promise doesn't change it in any way.

17. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-23-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

lol. You are a piece of work

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That's a valid point.
    So maybe people are NOT certifiable and/or insane after all?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I just want to know who is against the S.A.F.E act.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

21. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (10-25-2014)