Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Team In The NFL Is ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Best Team In The NFL Is ?

Denver by Peyton Manning's default?

Are the Broncos the best team, or do they only have the best quarterback?

Best team consists of offense, defense, and special teams.

The Colts have the NFL's #1 ranked offense and are ranked 3rd in overall defense.

NFC teams look weaker than the AFC teams.

Seattle looks complacent and vulnerable.

Colts? Broncos? Patriots? Other?

Manning vs. Orton in the AFC Championship Game in Denver?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,572 Times in 6,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Best Team In The NFL Is ?

If you ever listen to Skip Bayless THE BEST team has got to be DALLAS!

I say **** Skip Bayless.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

3. Post thanked by:

better days (10-23-2014),BillsImpossible (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

I say **** Skip Bayless.
    After the Bills won last week, I turned on the NFL Network.

Every 10 minutes they would recap the Dallas vs. Giants game with 5 minutes worth of highlights and continually replayed Tony Romo's post game comments.

I wanted to throw my remote control at the television.

5. Post thanked by:

better days (10-23-2014),Woodman (10-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

7. Post thanked by:

Topas (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks, BillsImpossible. NFL ratings suck. Go to footballoutsiders. Much more informative and realistic.
    Denver is there ranked first in offense and second in defense.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...7-dvoa-ratings

By the way, we are third in defense and fourth in special teams. And 29th in offense.
    Seems about right to me. Defense is that good because it does not penalize them because they often have to defend a short field due to offensive turnovers.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,291 Times in 15,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think San Diego is the best team...barring injuries.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hard to argue against Denver and Dallas right now, but at the end it depends on who gets hot and catches a couple of breaks. Seattle is obviously suffering a little bit from the hangover still, but as the season moves on and things get more serious they could get their **** together, and you can never count out the New England Referees as long as Brady is there.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

11. Post thanked by:

Mace (10-23-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I think San Diego is the best team...barring injuries.
    Man, they look good, don't they. Tonight will tell us how good they really are, IMO. I think the winner of tonight's game is the best team in the AFC. NFC is Dallas right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    Thanks, BillsImpossible. NFL ratings suck. Go to footballoutsiders. Much more informative and realistic.
    Denver is there ranked first in offense and second in defense.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...7-dvoa-ratings

By the way, we are third in defense and fourth in special teams. And 29th in offense.
    Seems about right to me. Defense is that good because it does not penalize them because they often have to defend a short field due to offensive turnovers.
    I think that you're going to see our defensive rankings plummet between now and the end of the season. I do not understand how our defense can be ranked so high. The passing D isn't much different than last season and our rushing D did not play well against the only good and proven RB that we've played in a healthy state. We've played a nothing list of RBs. I hope that we shut them down, they all suck pretty much. McKinnon isn't even good but no one seems to be concerned that our defense allowed Bridgewater his only TD of the season and that McKinnon and the rest of the Vikes nothing RBs lit us up for 158 yards on 5.4 ypc. That should be considered significant.

It's great that we stopped Donald Brown, like most other teams do and have done for years, or Damien Williams and Lamar Miller, same there, or George Winn whom we'd never heard of, or Alfred Blue filling in for an injured Foster, but those are hardly milestone efforts, they're expected. Blue didn't play any better vs. Pittsburgh or Dallas. Brown had his best game of the season against us. So did Winn. So did Damien Williams. They're all nothing RBs. To the extent that most of them have played they've been shut down by just about every team.

To sum up, the list of RBs we've faced sucks. We can argue that we stopped Ridley and Vereen, but if that's true apparently it played right into NE's hands because Brady put up his best game since playing the Steelers a year ago. Meanwhile Cutler lit us up passing, Tannehill posted a banner 2nd half, Fitzpatrick did more than he should have been allowed to do. Bridgewater crossed a milestone. Rivers had a great game against us. Even Stafford played OK considering that he had only one recognizeable receiver on the field, who just happened to post a career day.

I'm sorry, if this isn't concerning then those looking at it don't know much about football.

This is going to come back on us and the wise people are going to see why and understand it, the rest are going to go through their usual rituals.

Schwartz had better tighten up this pass D or we'll struggle to win any more games. All of the remaining teams we face are going to have better passing games than Detroit had fielded for that game and Minnesota's. Miami's probably the worst we'll play and if Tannehill learned from his second half the first time that may not go well.

We can look at sacks and INTs all we want to, but this defense is average or well below average in every other significant defensive passing category.

I predict lots of pissing and moaning here throughout the month of November. In December, unless something changes drastically, teams like Denver, Green Bay, and NE are going to put up 40 points on us. Scoring 20 isn't going to work.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-23-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bridgewater crossed a milestone?

How so? 15 of 26 for 157 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs (and 5 sacks) is crossing a milestone?

Please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Bridgewater crossed a milestone?

How so? 15 of 26 for 157 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs (and 5 sacks) is crossing a milestone?

Please explain.
    i think he's referring to his first touchdown. i'm not sure
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I think that you're going to see our defensive rankings plummet between now and the end of the season. I do not understand how our defense can be ranked so high. The passing D isn't much different than last season and our rushing D did not play well against the only good and proven RB that we've played in a healthy state. We've played a nothing list of RBs. I hope that we shut them down, they all suck pretty much. McKinnon isn't even good but no one seems to be concerned that our defense allowed Bridgewater his only TD of the season and that McKinnon and the rest of the Vikes nothing RBs lit us up for 158 yards on 5.4 ypc. That should be considered significant.

It's great that we stopped Donald Brown, like most other teams do and have done for years, or Damien Williams and Lamar Miller, same there, or George Winn whom we'd never heard of, or Alfred Blue filling in for an injured Foster, but those are hardly milestone efforts, they're expected. Blue didn't play any better vs. Pittsburgh or Dallas. Brown had his best game of the season against us. So did Winn. So did Damien Williams. They're all nothing RBs. To the extent that most of them have played they've been shut down by just about every team.

To sum up, the list of RBs we've faced sucks. We can argue that we stopped Ridley and Vereen, but if that's true apparently it played right into NE's hands because Brady put up his best game since playing the Steelers a year ago. Meanwhile Cutler lit us up passing, Tannehill posted a banner 2nd half, Fitzpatrick did more than he should have been allowed to do. Bridgewater crossed a milestone. Rivers had a great game against us. Even Stafford played OK considering that he had only one recognizeable receiver on the field, who just happened to post a career day.

I'm sorry, if this isn't concerning then those looking at it don't know much about football.

This is going to come back on us and the wise people are going to see why and understand it, the rest are going to go through their usual rituals.

Schwartz had better tighten up this pass D or we'll struggle to win any more games. All of the remaining teams we face are going to have better passing games than Detroit had fielded for that game and Minnesota's. Miami's probably the worst we'll play and if Tannehill learned from his second half the first time that may not go well.

We can look at sacks and INTs all we want to, but this defense is average or well below average in every other significant defensive passing category.

I predict lots of pissing and moaning here throughout the month of November. In December, unless something changes drastically, teams like Denver, Green Bay, and NE are going to put up 40 points on us. Scoring 20 isn't going to work.
    What you don't understand is games are won & lost because of points scored for & against.

Yards have NO MEANING in wins & loses. A week ago, the Jets put up 100 more yards than the Patriots* but lost the game.

The Patriots put up 2 more points than the Jets did & that is all that matters.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Denver looks the best to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dallas and Indy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post

I say **** Skip Bayless.
    And how many years has Dallas looked GREAT in September & October only to fall apart in November & December?

20. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (10-25-2014),Night Train (10-23-2014),Woodman (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think that people overlook the Arizona Cardinals a lot. I like that team this year, especially with Carson Palmer back. Made a bunch of money off them last year. Not to say they're the best team, even in the NFC...I like them more than other teams.

But Denver is the best team IMO.

If the Bills don't make it to the Super Bowl , I'd like to see the Broncos play the Cardinals.

22. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (10-23-2014),Mace (10-23-2014),YardRat (10-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Listen Fletch, You play who is in front of you. I dont want to hear crap about what running back didnt play or what team wasnt playing a full strength. Guess what? Our team is not at 100%. We are missing our top 2 runnning backs now, our stating OLB KIko Alonso and other starters have missed time. This is the NFL. Injuries are a huge part of the game and that is why the teams that make it far usually have DEPTH at most key positions. I wouldnt care who from the other team is out. This is not college where strength of schedule matter. A win is A win and hopefully we get enough to make the playoffs.

I'll give you an example of the type of dude you seem to be. Take the fact that McKinnon had a good game, and never mind the fact that he had another good game this season vs Atlanta (which may not be saying much but oh well). Now since he had a good game your point is " see look at what he did against us crediting our poor run defense and not the dude talent, however if we would have shut him down the your point would have been." well he is a bum so our defense didnt do anything. No offense seem like the type of guy who tries to have it both ways. " When the bills win deep down inside you enjoy the win but when they lose you are the told you so type. In my opinion your the worst type of fan a team can have. My rant is over. Have a great day

24. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Denver looks the best to me.
    But could be beaten still.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Dallas and Indy
    Yeah, Colts.
    Soon to be anyway.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I think that people overlook the Arizona Cardinals a lot. I like that team this year, especially with Carson Palmer back. Made a bunch of money off them last year. Not to say they're the best team, even in the NFC...I like them more than other teams.

But Denver is the best team IMO.

If the Bills don't make it to the Super Bowl , I'd like to see the Broncos play the Cardinals.
    Yes yes yes, Denver looks best but I sure wouldn't want to have to play Arian's Cardinals to get another game forward, home or road. I can't imagine that team completely healthy and working past playing by ear.

28. Post thanked by:

feldspar (10-23-2014)