But, but, but.........

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Grantland says Sammy Watkins is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    Here fletchy fletchy!

More articles telling you that you are wrong

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...e-team-so-far/
    Speaking of douche bags, you're right on cue.

Wrong about what might I ask?

Wrong that Watkins wasn't worth next year's 1st and 4th, or that Watkin isn't worth Benjamin, a 1st, and a 4th next year?

I don't think so homey.

I think if you asked anyone that didn't have cement in their head whether they'd rather have Watkins or Benjamin and a 1st and 4th next year, that 90-some percent would take Benjamin and the 1st and 4th.

And Robert Mays? Really?

You may want to vet your sources a little bit better you narcissistic jackass.

Here's what he said about us three weeks ago;

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bu...-the-afc-east/

I don't think that there's anyone alive that will agree with that, again, not anyone that doesn't have a head filled with concrete like you that is.

Otherwise, read his titles, he's the master of stating the obvious. No wonder you like him. I notice that this piece didn't come out in weeks 1-6.

LOL
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    But, but, but.........
    You too. Hardly anything you've stated would occur that's different from what my assessments have been have come to pass.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

By the way, I said the same **** about Spiller and worse and I was hammered for years. Alone on an island for years, yet in the end game, and as long as you seem to be all wrapped up about pointing out how wrong I always am, there wasn't anyone more accurate about him than me. No one even close.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I like the kid...a lot more as every week passes. Whether he was worth the picks or not will depend how the team does over the next couple of seasons.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fletch is the first person ever to make my ignore list. Just too much incoherant blathering.

Sammy Watkins obviously is an amazing talent. You really have to be reaching deep down in your idiocy bucket to come up with anything negative about him as a player.

8. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (10-23-2014),chernobylwraiths (10-24-2014),HAMMER (10-23-2014),Novacane (10-24-2014)

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Talk about cement for brains. 7 games in and most everyone is raving about the guy.....except Felch. He HAS to be right so he will go to any length to justify his blathering. Watkins route running is already excellent, but Felch said he can't do that, "all he can do is catch the ball in the flat and RAC". WRONG Felch, WRONG. The jury is, and will be out for a couple years as far as the price we paid, but there is no doubt Watkins is already special.

10. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (10-24-2014),Novacane (10-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    Talk about cement for brains. 7 games in and most everyone is raving about the guy.....except Felch. He HAS to be right so he will go to any length to justify his blathering. Watkins route running is already excellent, but Felch said he can't do that, "all he can do is catch the ball in the flat and RAC". WRONG Felch, WRONG. The jury is, and will be out for a couple years as far as the price we paid, but there is no doubt Watkins is already special.
    Yes, cement for brains.

Only someone with cement for brains would rather have a WR that has 35 catches for 433 yards, 12.4 yards-per-catch, and 4 TDs against Miami, Minnesota, and Houston, over one that has 34 catches for 477 yards, 14.0 yards-per-catch, and 5 TDs, including TDs against Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, and Green Bay and one that's been much more consistent, plus a 1st round and 4th round pick next season.

And think before you post your next cement-headed comment about Newton throwing the ball since two of Benjamin's 5 TDs have been from Anderson and Newton's not having the best season anyway. A lot of people are on him over it.

You sure you don't work for our front office? They have cement for brains too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalogic View Post
    Fletch is the first person ever to make my ignore list.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Watkins is a beast...but the extra 1st was a steep price to pay. It's really as simple as that. If the trade was a 1st and a 2nd/4th next year, I'd be all in. Giving up a 1st for a non QB is not something I would recommend. At the very least, Watkins looks like an elite talent that can have a huge impact with a slightly below average QB. At the end of the day, with the game on the line, the play was to Watkins, Orton didn't look anywhere else, and Watkins easily got open. Comparing Watkins to Spiller is silly IMO because Watkins has shown as much upside this year as Spiller has in his career...and I wouldn't mind keeping Spiller around at a decent price and with a OC who knows how to utilize him.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone know why Fletch keeps adding a 2015 4th rounder to the Watkins trade?

EDIT: Ah, I double checked. For some reason I thought the 4th we gave up was this year's, not next.
    Last edited by ICRockets; 10-24-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Back to topic.

Watkins is better than pretty good. We now know he can be the main reason we win some close football games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why are some even surprised he is good ? He was dynamite in college. All he needed was a half way decent qb who could get him the ball. He has all the skills. Big, fast, good hands, breaks tackles, strong, runs good routes, will go over the middle, fearless, and he is young and will get even better as long as he has a qb with him.

He will be a top-5 wr in the NFL.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    Here fletchy fletchy!

More articles telling you that you are wrong

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...e-team-so-far/
    Might as well give it up trap.

I don't think fletch is willing to concede the Bills are staying put in Buffalo & not moving to Toronto yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's been really good this year, only thing I've seen is some route development issues with his tree and some struggles in press but he's beaten that a number of times as well. His catch radius is absolutely outstanding.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

18. Post thanked by:

Fletch (10-24-2014),The last buffalo fan (10-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have season tickets to the Panthers and life long Bills fan. While Benjamin is a great talent Watkins is something special. KB gets the dropsies. He is big and an awesome target for a first down or in t he red zone but he isn't much for running after the catch. He pretty much gets tackled every time right after getting catching the ball. All things considered I think Watkins career will far exceed KB.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh, so when we cited that watkins struggled to put up numbers with a run first offense and was still close to Benjamin, that was just blatantly wrong? And now that he has middling QB play and on pace to 1000 yards and clearly better than when not getting the ball, we'll dismiss that?

The price has been paid. We discussed it while you were telling us the bills would move out of buffalo

Just a time for a "I'm sorry sometimes im wrong" is all that you need to get back on track. If you can't do that, go back to whatever board you came from. Watkins is clearly a reliable WR we haven't had in years. And a poster who goes to the Panther games says he sees the dropsies with Benjamin. But I guess we'll dismiss that too like how all geniuses do.

We would all like to thank you for being the only person to have issues with spiller. You were a genius to see that. No one else here did. I guess the system just autofilled the "spiller isn't used correctly and that was a luxury pick" threads

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by lavuuk153 View Post
    Watkins is a beast...but the extra 1st was a steep price to pay. It's really as simple as that. If the trade was a 1st and a 2nd/4th next year, I'd be all in. Giving up a 1st for a non QB is not something I would recommend. At the very least, Watkins looks like an elite talent that can have a huge impact with a slightly below average QB. At the end of the day, with the game on the line, the play was to Watkins, Orton didn't look anywhere else, and Watkins easily got open. Comparing Watkins to Spiller is silly IMO because Watkins has shown as much upside this year as Spiller has in his career...and I wouldn't mind keeping Spiller around at a decent price and with a OC who knows how to utilize him.
    That's a very fair assessment. Unlike Spiller he's showing something immediately in his rookie season, which was to be expected. We expected it with Spiller too but he just didn't deliver.

Hammer's notion that a WR that's presently ranked 29th in ypg, in an 11-way tie for 15th in TDs, and 58th in ypc is "special" is way too premature and quite frankly, ridiculous.

Whether he becomes special or simply a good WR, as I think will be the case based on what we now know, remains to be seen. I expect Watkins to end up putting up numbers comparable to Moulds or maybe even Harvin depending upon how he develops.

Right now there's way too much hoopla over his performance in one game though, and it was Minnesota in Buffalo, not exactly the AFCCG here. When he starts putting up games like that every other week and not tanking in between then we can start a discussion about potential future greatness or his maybe being "special." But just because a bunch of draftniks claim that he's special means nothing at this point. They've been saying that Spiller's special for years. If that's what "special" is then we need to redefine the term.

Right now the trend seems to be one particular receiver stepping up with the rest not doing much and the TEs and RBs doing the rest of the receiving work. Hogan a middling game though. Williams has been all but invisible. In the last game, Pats, it was Woods, with Hogan again posting good games. Watkins did little. Detroit was Watkins, Houston was Williams, SD no WRs had a good game, Miami was Watkins, and Chicago was Woods.

My point there is that this week it may very well be Woods again with none of the others doing much of anything. Or maybe Hogan.

The team's gotta figure out how to get two or three WRs involved at the same time. I'm curious if things would be different if Stevie were here instead of Williams whose heading for a 300-yard season.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-24-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Back to topic.

Watkins is better than pretty good. We now know he can be the main reason we win some close football games.
    He is pretty good. But special? Way too early to be crowning him that.

Also, Minnesota? I'm not disagreeing necessarily, but he'll need to do that against some better teams before it starts to take on more meaning, wouldn't you say?

Keep in mind that all that everyone talked about was how anytime he touched the ball he was a threat. A 12.4 yards-per-catch really doesn't support that. Neither does being buried in the yards-after-catch stats.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Why are some even surprised he is good ? He was dynamite in college. All he needed was a half way decent qb who could get him the ball. He has all the skills. Big, fast, good hands, breaks tackles, strong, runs good routes, will go over the middle, fearless, and he is young and will get even better as long as he has a qb with him.

He will be a top-5 wr in the NFL.
    Look at his collegiate game stats in detail and the types of teams that he put up his best games against k.

What you'll note is that he didn't put up very many good games against top defensive teams and generally had a very low ypr in them too. I'm not sure that supports what you just said. Just throwing that out there. You may want to temper your optimism to avoid potential disappointment is all I'm saying.

A few of his rookie peers, including Benjamin who leads the league for rookies right now and is on pace for well over 1,000 yards as a rookie, and who was on FSU, had much better games against better Ds in college. He also had much better bigger game experience.

I'd love to have him instead and our two picks back.