Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Type of Fan Are You?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What Type of Fan Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    That's ridiculous. People state often that they don't read my posts. Fine, but then they shouldn't respond as if they did. Right?

I read every post that I reply to, and exactly as in this case will call out the part that I'm responding to.

A ridiculously invalid conclusion on your part.
    You have still refused to address my point that yes the Bills beat the Lions when they had their best player injured, yet the Saints lost to the Lions with essentially the same team. This matters Fletch, this is just basic comparative analysis. This is how you get to to the real answers instead of just making qualitative statements that aren't really provable. I asked you multiple times, but you kept ignoring it.

That is what we're talking about. That is why you are insufferable and piss people off. You aren't really interested in getting to the bottom of anything, you are only interested in yourself. If you are going to put yourself out there like you do then you ought to be fully engaged. It's a free country and an internet forum do what you want, but usually you just kind of look like a coward when backed into a corner instead of actually acknowledging anyone else's points.
    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-24-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Last edited by coastal; 10-24-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    You have still refused to address my point that yes the Bills beat the Lions when they had their best player injured, yet the Saints lost to the Lions with essentially the same team.
    OK, I'll address it. Then you address my equally irrelevant questions. Fair?

Who cares about New Orleans. Isn't it quite possible that NO is a struggling team? Who's on NO these days besides Brees? They have no good RBs. Were you aware of that? They have no RB that has ever even sniffed 1,000 rushing yards in a season. Their best, Thomas, who's huge season was less than 800 yards, is now hurt.

Besides Jimmy Graham they really don't have any great WRs. Colston is good, but hardly great, and he's limited in his strengths if you've ever watched him play as I know you have.

Why do you think that NO is some kind of standard here? I don't get it.

OK, now my turn to ask a question.

We barely beat Chicago. Miami pretty much dusted them last week in a very well-rounded style. They also beat NE.

So is Miami a better team than we are?

Same thing.

This kind of reasoning is irrelevant. If you use that as reference points then you can make any team or player better than another.

Brian Quick put up nearly as many receiving yards against Minnesota as Watkins did, is he as good as Watkins now too? Or even close?

Happy?
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
    My buddies and I went nuts when we won the game but walking out we did say that we should have killed that team and got lucky. The crowd wasn't as amped on the way out as you might have expected for such an exciting win.
    My point exactly.

So why are we expected to ride a high of a single drive for an entire week in a game that should have been a romp?

The question isn't necessarily directed at you, just throwing it out there generally speaking.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    I am a fan who just needs to see hope in the future success of his team.

Even if the Bills improve to 8-8 this year, we are so vulnerable that I don't see us going to 10-6 next year.
    I don't even see us going 8-8 this year. I have no idea how we beat Denver, GB, or NE. Then we have road games in NY, Miami, and Oakland where we've never won. Part of me says the same thing about that Raiders game, we should win that going away. But will we?

Cleveland's playing better and more consistently than we are too. Which four games are we going to win?

Are we going to start scoring more than 17 points and using all four quarters to do it?

How good is Bryce Brown really? Dixon clearly isn't a 3-down RB.

Why aren't the TDs coming with all of Orton's extra yardage?

How come our "elite and formerly #1 rushing D" can't seem to stop any good RBs that play at full strength? If McKinnon is any indication, playing with Bridgewater, then why shouldn't we expect the Jets to run on us like they just ran all over NE with Smith at the helm?

Why doesn't more than 1 WR usually have a good day?

How is this team going to play without FredEx's contributions in the receiving game and his 3-down presence overall?

Lots of questions and more, I guess we'll know more on Sunday.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    OK, I'll address it. Then you address my equally irrelevant questions. Fair?

Who cares about New Orleans. Isn't it quite possible that NO is a struggling team? Who's on NO these days besides Brees? They have no good RBs. Were you aware of that? They have no RB that has ever even sniffed 1,000 rushing yards in a season. Their best, Thomas, who's huge season was less than 800 yards, is now hurt.

Besides Jimmy Graham they really don't have any great WRs. Colston is good, but hardly great, and he's limited in his strengths if you've ever watched him play as I know you have.

Why do you think that NO is some kind of standard here? I don't get it.

OK, now my turn to ask a question.

We barely beat Chicago. Miami pretty much dusted them last week in a very well-rounded style. They also beat NE.

So is Miami a better team than we are?

Same thing.

This kind of reasoning is irrelevant. If you use that as reference points then you can make any team or player better than another.

Brian Quick put up nearly as many receiving yards against Minnesota as Watkins did, is he as good as Watkins now too? Or even close?

Happy?
    Nobody is saying they are the be all and end all, but they matter for reference points to get everyone on the same sheet of music. I don't disagree with anything you are saying, in fact I think you are 100% correct. I think the Saints are a struggling team and I don't think they are that good.

The reason I brought it up is because you were adamant that the fact that the Lions were injured somehow makes the Bills win not relevant. Sure it is not as "quality" as if Johnson played, but that doesn't mean it is worthless. At the end of the day a win is a win and you can only criticize so much in a win. After the Bills/Pats game I listened to Bill Burr the comedian and he was flipping out about how bad the Pats played and about how it wasn't a quality win. That of course is nonsense from a Bills fan perspective, because I thought the Pats embarrassed us and looked like they were in a different league. The reality is you win the game and move on, that's just the nature of the game.

My biggest pet peave around here is when people refuse to give credit for wins and give the Bills all the credit in the world when they lose. That is just being dishonest. After the Pats game I give us very little chance of sniffing the playoffs, but I'm not going to sit here and lie. Credit is due where credit is due, even if they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

And no, a single player who in a single game against a single team had as many yards as someone else does not make them equal. That is absolutely apples and oranges and you know it.
    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 10-24-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I mean even on ignore half the page is blocked out because the guy can't shut up. Fletch is diluting the board with his incessant need to respond to every post whether it's directed to him or not. Get a job or something and stop regurgitating every opinion you have onto this board. Nobody cares. He is incredibly annoying even when I can't see what he writes.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm a "I enjoy watching my team play" type of fan.

I'm also a "Choke the **** out of the douchebag, self described "realists" and self aggrandizing morons" type of fan.

Put us in the same room and they would wish they contracted Ebola or the Plague.

9. Post thanked by:

feldspar (10-24-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (10-25-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i can either be a bills fan or burn my self compulsively. sometimes its a tough call
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

11. Post thanked by:

imbondz (10-25-2014),pmoon6 (10-25-2014),YardRat (10-25-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,066 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    i can either be a bills fan or burn my self compulsively. sometimes its a tough call
    you sure there's a difference? i'm not.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post

I'm also a "Choke the **** out of the douchebag, self described "realists" and self aggrandizing morons" type of fan.

Put us in the same room and they would wish they contracted Ebola or the Plague.
    You are so fake intimidating.

14. Post thanked by:

BillsOverDolphins (10-25-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    I took a knife to my leg after the Cowboys beat us 52-17 in SB #3 and drew blood I was so pissed and depressed. So not sure which one I am, I didn't see that on the list.
    The weird thing is, another Bills fan is the only kind of fan I can imagine that would have this reaction.

I used to be the kind of Bills fan that shrugged when they lost and had an extra beer at dinner when they won. Now I'm on the roller coaster.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalogic View Post
    You are so fake intimidating.
    Maybe so, considering the chances of meeting them are miniscule.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Homeboy is 5-10 years from being put in a home, but he's still feisty...the nurses are gonna love changing your bedpan
    Oh no!...We suck again!

18. Post thanked by:

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    Homeboy is 5-10 years from being put in a home, but he's still feisty...the nurses are gonna love changing your bedpan
    Well, you don't really know.

I could have just created an Internet character like you have done so many times.

However, you need to remember one thing so I will relate a story.

My buddy and I went to visit his Dad in East Texas back in the '90's. There was some racial strife in the area due to the Jasper incident. We were sitting on his porch having a few drinks and I asked his Father if he was worried about white boys coming around and starting trouble. He was a thin man, looked kinda like an old blues player and he said something I will never forget. "Son, I'm too old to be worried and I'm too old to get in a fist fight, but I do take precautions". He pulled out a Ruger Blackhawk .44 from underneath the pillow on his rocking chair and said "This here is my persuader, it persuades anybody tryin' to **** with me to get on down the road. We had a good laugh.

Just goes to show ya, even an old dog doesn't have to take any **** from anybody.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You're an old, crotchedy fan, and you know it.

21. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (10-25-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    You're an old, crotchedy fan, and you know it.
    You'll be there soon.

I will save you a seat at the Bridge Table.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The last 14 years have made me an impatient fan.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You'll be there soon.

I will save you a seat at the Bridge Table.
    I am there too.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
    Nobody is saying they are the be all and end all, but they matter for reference points to get everyone on the same sheet of music. I don't disagree with anything you are saying, in fact I think you are 100% correct. I think the Saints are a struggling team and I don't think they are that good.

The reason I brought it up is because you were adamant that the fact that the Lions were injured somehow makes the Bills win not relevant. Sure it is not as "quality" as if Johnson played, but that doesn't mean it is worthless. At the end of the day a win is a win and you can only criticize so much in a win. After the Bills/Pats game I listened to Bill Burr the comedian and he was flipping out about how bad the Pats played and about how it wasn't a quality win. That of course is nonsense from a Bills fan perspective, because I thought the Pats embarrassed us and looked like they were in a different league. The reality is you win the game and move on, that's just the nature of the game.

My biggest pet peave around here is when people refuse to give credit for wins and give the Bills all the credit in the world when they lose. That is just being dishonest. After the Pats game I give us very little chance of sniffing the playoffs, but I'm not going to sit here and lie. Credit is due where credit is due, even if they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

And no, a single player who in a single game against a single team had as many yards as someone else does not make them equal. That is absolutely apples and oranges and you know it.
    I think you're getting a bit particular and taking it into the realm more of emotion when you talk about people giving credit for a win. Win or lose, after games I look at a number of things including why we won. You've probably heard me state repeatedly over the years that I'd rather see this team go 6-10 but play competitively as a rule for the season than to go 9-7 or 10-6 in the manner that we did it in 2004, by beating a string of teams that were downtrodden.

We've won four games now. In every win we essentially came in at full strength with only minor and insignificant injuries apart from Kiko who we knew would be out all season. Every team has injuries, but not all teams suffer the same injury fates.

After the Detroit game everyone was crowing about our D. Was I upset that we won? Of course not, but for purposes of discussion I didn't see what the big deal was in beating a team that basically had one weapon, Tate, who lit us up and posted a career day. If I were a DC I'd be concerned that we couldn't stop their only notable player, but that wasn't on anyone's radar. I was evaluating the team on the season.

FF to this past Sunday. We beat the Vikes, were you impressed?

A RB named McKinnon put up 103 rushing yards on 5.4 yards per carry. Does this concern you? It concerns me. I'm curious why we allowed a RB like McKinnon, if our D really is as good as everyone seems to insist, to that kind of yardage and 158 on 5.4 overall for the Vikes. The Jets have three times that rushing prowess and three RBs that have historically ripped us apart.

So while everyone's off insisting that a win is a win, I'm trying to figure out how good this team really is if Bridgewater can put up his first NFL TD against us and a no-name RB can do what he did and nearly win them the game, in Buffalo, in a must-win game for us.

So I state those things and that kind of thinking appears to be disallowed here.

Are you not concerned that McKinnon had that kind of game, particularly considering that we now face three RBs that have all had banner if not career days against us in the past? Keep in mind that all Schwartz had to do was come in and shut down their running game because no one in the world had any faith that Bridgewater was going to beat us through the air.

So what happened? Schwartz didn't do the obvious correct thing? He tried but failed, which is what I think, but then the question becomes why?

How much and what kind of credit should be given this team for playing the way that they did on Sunday? I'm curious.

We beat Miami at home in an atmosphere that we won't see again as an advantage, and they lost Moreno early. What's funny is that before games here people get excited if say Chris Ivory were out for the Jets, they like it because they know it's an advantage. But after the games those same people talk as if it wasn't. Of course it is. Who doesn't think that playing Detroit with Calvin Johnson out there isn't a much different ball game than without him? The prevailing opinion here seems to be that Watkins is a huge playmaker that shapes games. If that's even half true then how much more regarding Calvin Johnson?

Chicago's Cutler did everything he could to help us win that game and even put up over 400 yards, closer to 500, and it still took a huge run by Jackson just to put us into OT. Chicago as it turns out is not that good this season.

Make sense?

What of that do you disagree with and why? It seems like most of the disagreement here is over my inability to close my eyes and not insist that beating other teams without their key players is the same as beating them at full strength and what that actually means for us over the entire season, such as in rankings, which are almost all categorically plummeting.
    Last edited by Fletch; 10-25-2014 at 08:29 AM.