• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Statement Game

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
    Wow! Don't know what to say about this statement. Who in their right mind would want that clown of a coach, total blowhard, creates distractions, likes to lick toes. No thank you
    Yeah, I'm sure you would rather have a sourpuss cheating rat bastard like Belicheat as your HC.

Say what you want about Rex. He is a Defensive genius & players love to play for him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

Say what you want about Rex. He is a Defensive genius & players love to play for him.
      which is why he should be nothing more than a DC.

Players loved playing for Jauron too.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I don't give us much of a shot in this game. The injuries, the Jets, the road… all don't bode well.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Bunion
          • Sep 2008

Statement game? Nah. The Statement game was the 'We just lost to the ****ing Buffalo Bills' game last year, and that was much more for the quote than the outcome. The NFL world doesn't shake if the Bills beat the Jets or vice versa. Hell, to the ESPN crowd the AFC East all just for making sure that Prince Thomas of Brady gets his first round bye.

Win the game because they're a division opponent, because they're from Jersey and because it's the ****ing Jets.

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

a 1-6 team is never 'better than their record'.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

Yeah, I'm sure you would rather have a sourpuss cheating rat bastard like Belicheat as your HC.

Yes I would rather have Belichick than Ryan, every day of every week. Who in their right mind wouldn't?

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

This team doesn't have a good record in "statement games."

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                  a 1-6 team is never 'better than their record'.
                  i don't know if i agree with that. you take out the pats and the green bay games, games they could have easily won, they are in the hunt with everyone else. they could have won any of those games except the SD game. they are in most of the games until late. they can win and be a hard team to play.

good bad teams exist.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                    The Pats game was a statement game and we didn't show up, so that ship has sailed.

This is just a game where we must win to hang on to our slim playoff hopes. If they lose, seeya it ain't happening.

That's not just being negative, that's just a plain ole' unfortunate reality.
                    L.
                    O.
                    L.

The only thing worse than the product the Bills have put on the field for the past 14 years, is the generation of fans that the losing has spawned.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelieveable.

*be one game back from a first round bye*
                    *have 9 games remaining*
                    *have slim playoff hopes*

*****ing Bills fans man.
                    I swear, why do people even watch the games if this is the way they think?

ONE GAME BACK FROM A FIRST ROUND BYE!!!!!

ok ok ok, let's hear it losers. Tell me why we're not one game back from a first round bye. Tell me why every other team in the conference with 2 or 3 losses is so much better than us.

Just *****ing get a 6 pack, watch the game, enjoy it if we win, and go on with your week.

This guy says we have SLIM PLAYOFF HOPES, and we're a game back from a first round bye.

I've literally seen it all. It's just sad that people actually think this way.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      which is why he should be nothing more than a DC.

Players loved playing for Jauron too.
                      Well, I think so far, Rex has made better game day decisions than Marrone has.

Hell, maybe Jauron did as well.

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
                        L.
                        O.
                        L.

The only thing worse than the product the Bills have put on the field for the past 14 years, is the generation of fans that the losing has spawned.

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelieveable.

*be one game back from a first round bye*
                        *have 9 games remaining*
                        *have slim playoff hopes*

*****ing Bills fans man.
                        I swear, why do people even watch the games if this is the way they think?

ONE GAME BACK FROM A FIRST ROUND BYE!!!!!

ok ok ok, let's hear it losers. Tell me why we're not one game back from a first round bye. Tell me why every other team in the conference with 2 or 3 losses is so much better than us.

Just *****ing get a 6 pack, watch the game, enjoy it if we win, and go on with your week.

This guy says we have SLIM PLAYOFF HOPES, and we're a game back from a first round bye.

I've literally seen it all. It's just sad that people actually think this way.
                        Check back in January.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Urbik is back & Orton makes the OL look worse than it really is with his legs of stone & lack of clock in his head.
                          Holy vanilla fudge. Where did you pull that out of, better days?

You're blaming Orton for the O-line problems?

You're joking, right?

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Any win here will be a good win, it's a statement game for the Jets in their house. They have a very good defense, they looked real good against New England in New England, Geno Smith amazed me by looking darn good (in that game, not sure it lasts). If we don't let them get away with it, it's a good thing.

New England was a statement game for us at the Ralph. All roads to respectable for us lead through the Division champ that owns us. Best chance to beat them was here.

Urbik is going to be rusty because they planted him on the pines ridiculously for so long, and Pears is still not a guard, so you're basically turning that mad blitzing, people coming from everywhere and anywhere Ryan-tree defense (that has feasted on the volume of film of the Bills o-line struggling with stunts so woefully this season) loose against the poor Orton, and we'll be lucky if he's not damaged.

This would be a good win on the road, and "should be" a win, but the statement games are against the big boys and this is really not a terrible team we are playing.

If we do win, it will be a gritty low scoring smash mouth game, and Bryce Brown/Boobie Dixon will have to pound them into losing alongside a merciless top of the line defensive performance.

The Jets are not that great, but they are not that terrible either.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Big road test against a desperate team, that's for sure. The offense is going to have to protect the ball, and it's going to be interesting to see what poison Schwartz picks. Will he load up against the run and dare Smith to beat them through the air, or will he play off a little minimize Geno's opportunities like he did against Minnesota?
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                                Holy vanilla fudge. Where did you pull that out of, better days?

You're blaming Orton for the O-line problems?

You're joking, right?
                                Orton keeps his OL HANGING ON...Vanilla Fudge reference for you young guys.

Orton has been sacked twice as much as EJ was.

Orton is a Bledsoe like statue that holds the ball too long.

I'm not saying the Bills can't win with him or that EJ would be a better option at this point.

What I am saying is because of his limitations, Kyle makes the OL look worse than EJ did.
                                Last edited by better days; 10-24-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X