• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Statement Game

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
    "Legs Of Stone" reminds me of the "Statue" tag Bledsoe got from dumbass Bills' Fans.

Bledsoe was the best QB we had since Kelly and alot better than what we had after. The guy threw for 45,000 career yards and is a possibly HOF material.

Yet, lots of Bills' Fans panned and hated him.

That speaks volumes.
    Yeah, because Bledsoe played great in Buffalo.

How can anyone hate the QB that won the Super Bowl for the Bills?

Maybe Bledsoe was hated because it was one of the worst trades in Bills history.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Today would be a good day to plug in a lot of draws and bubble screens to WR's, IMO. This really feels like a feast-or-famine game to me, it's either going to be glorious or humiliating.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by JohnnyGold View Post
        if we win the super bowl, people will complain that we have no succession plan in place for orton, and that we dont have enough money to resign hughes, spiller, and all the free agents that will come due in the summer of 16. people will complain that the bills sacrificed long term success for a one-off championship just like the florida marlins, and now we're going to have to suffer for another 14 years, so enjoy it for 20 minutes (while it lasts) because the future of the bills is dark.

honestly--it's come to this.

Thanks.

Coffee came out of my nose on that one.

Why?

Because it's so true.

Comment

• sudzy
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Maybe Bledsoe was hated because it was one of the worst trades in Bills history.
          Not even top 5.
          JP, Rob Johnson, Lamonica, Marshawn, Billy Joe "gun rack" Hobert come to mind. At least Drew gave us our best season of this Millennium.
          Last edited by sudzy; 10-26-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• starrymessenger
            • Oct 2009

12/28/2014

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

Statement made.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Today would be a good day to plug in a lot of draws and bubble screens to WR's, IMO. This really feels like a feast-or-famine game to me, it's either going to be glorious or humiliating.
                Well, for the most part it was glorious, but Hackett's play-calling was humiliating.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Bunion
                  • Sep 2008

Should have added to my previous post 'unless Buffalo totally beats the **** out of the greatest 1-6 team to ever play the game'.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Any win here will be a good win, it's a statement game for the Jets in their house. They have a very good defense, they looked real good against New England in New England, Geno Smith amazed me by looking darn good (in that game, not sure it lasts). If we don't let them get away with it, it's a good thing.

New England was a statement game for us at the Ralph. All roads to respectable for us lead through the Division champ that owns us. Best chance to beat them was here.

Urbik is going to be rusty because they planted him on the pines ridiculously for so long, and Pears is still not a guard, so you're basically turning that mad blitzing, people coming from everywhere and anywhere Ryan-tree defense (that has feasted on the volume of film of the Bills o-line struggling with stunts so woefully this season) loose against the poor Orton, and we'll be lucky if he's not damaged.

This would be a good win on the road, and "should be" a win, but the statement games are against the big boys and this is really not a terrible team we are playing.

If we do win, it will be a gritty low scoring smash mouth game, and Bryce Brown/Boobie Dixon will have to pound them into losing alongside a merciless top of the line defensive performance.

The Jets are not that great, but they are not that terrible either.
                    One of these days, Mace, you might even show a sign of trying to buy a clue. This was a statement game, and the Jets are terrible. Go back to school, start around 3rd grade, and maybe you can leave the kiddie table at holidays and sit with the adults again after another 9 years of education.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                      Not even top 5.
                      JP, Rob Johnson, Lamonica, Marshawn, Billy Joe "gun rack" Hobert come to mind. At least Drew gave us our best season of this Millennium.
                      The trade for Bledsoe was made with the NEW ENGLAND Patriots*....just as Brady & that team started their rise to the top.

The Pats* eventually got Vince Wilfork because of that trade.

Bledsoe gave the Bills one good year, Wilfork is still playing for the Pats* today.

Worst trade in Bills history.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

The trade for Bledsoe was made with the NEW ENGLAND Patriots*....just as Brady & that team started their rise to the top.

The Pats* eventually got Vince Wilfork because of that trade.

Bledsoe gave the Bills one good year, Wilfork is still playing for the Pats* today.

Worst trade in Bills history.
                        Not even close.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          Not even close.
                          OK, what team got a better player than Wilfork in a trade with the Bills?

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

OK, what team got a better player than Wilfork in a trade with the Bills?
                            Hard to say, we boned Bledsoe by naming Losman the starter. You also can't say that just because the Pats got a good player with the draft pick, they got the better of the deal. At the time the pick was an unknown quantity. They could just as easily drafted a bust.

We can play this game all day, but the worst trade in Bills' History was the Lamonica trade. Al Davis boned us on that one because Lamonica was a known talent and should have replaced Kemp who was on the downside of his career. In return for Lamonica and Glenn Bass we got another older QB and a receiver that was blind in one eye. Art Powell.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Al Davis must have had compromising pictures of Ralph with Marilyn Monroe or Lady Bird Johnson, I can't think of any other reason why he helped Oakland so much in the 60's.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mace
                                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                                Al Davis must have had compromising pictures of Ralph with Marilyn Monroe or Lady Bird Johnson, I can't think of any other reason why he helped Oakland so much in the 60's.
                                J. Edgar Hoover got around a lot back then. Met him when I was 8, he was Aunt Cynthia. My Uncle always said he was a helluva dame for not being a dame and the director of the FBI. She, er, he, seemed nice, gave me a Cuban cigar and told me not to tell anyone it was Cuban because that was against federal regulations, then guffawed so hard he had to pull up his knee highs. I remember he told me Ralph Wilson bought a nice dinner but you want to go out with Al Davis for the best time. Being 8 and used to my family, I didn't make much of it. Sold the Cuban to a kid down the street for some GI Joe stuff, his family was arrested for violating federal regulations on Cuban stuff so I used the GI Joe stuff to hire a team of 10 year olds to break into their house and sell their booze to 16 year olds, along with their clothes to transients for Camel cigarettes. Those were good days.

Anyway your theory is preposterous.

Comment

Working...
                                X