Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Buffalo Bills Would Be 2-5 Without Kyle Orton, Only Kelly Surpasses Him

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Buffalo Bills Would Be 2-5 Without Kyle Orton, Only Kelly Surpasses Him

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    he's way better than EJ, but the problem is that he is good for at least one bad turnover a game.
    Um I am sure packer fans never complained about Favre giving them up. Orton is not Favre but my point is if he is winning and playing solid at qb position I don't care if he makes a stupid throw. The 4th and 20 throw was impressive but that throw to hogan who was covered was impressive to me and that was when I said win or lose this game he could be our qb for a couple more years

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Um I am sure packer fans never complained about Favre giving them up. Orton is not Favre but my point is if he is winning and playing solid at qb position I don't care if he makes a stupid throw. The 4th and 20 throw was impressive but that throw to hogan who was covered was impressive to me and that was when I said win or lose this game he could be our qb for a couple more years
    Are you referring to the throw that set us up on the 1 yard line? That was one of Orton's worst throws, Hogan had to contort himself in front of the DB to stop a pick.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Are you referring to the throw that set us up on the 1 yard line? That was one of Orton's worst throws, Hogan had to contort himself in front of the DB to stop a pick.
    Gimme a break. That was a "now or never" throw. Hogan wasn't poorly covered, so the back-shoulder throw was really the only option if it was ever to be a completion.

How do you even know how they practiced a thing like that? You don't.

It was a good pass and even a better catch.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Was the OP talking about Kelly Holcomb?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    C'mon. I expect better from you. Show me any one of those type throws (to the end zone at the end of the game) where the WR doesn't have to contort himself. The point is he got it close enough. EJ Manuel can't do that.

The simple fact is that Orton makes more good throws than bad throws. Something EJ Manuel will never do. It's enough to win some games. Even steal some games. So no Bills fan should be critical of him. Why? Here's why: EJ Manuel, Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards, Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman, etc., etc., etc...

6. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,701 Times in 7,761 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What total nonsense. This type of supposition is absurd.

Orton sucks. He is one of the worst starting QB's in the league. He is slightly better than EJ was, which is understandable since Orton has 9 years of experience.

Hitching your wagon to Orton is stupid, stupid, stupid. I want him to play every game this year, and when the Bills end up with a 5-11 or 6-10 record, I can't wait to see the excuses that will be conjured up to defend Mr. Mediocrity.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can't say how good Orton is because a) he wasn't with the team all off- or even pre-season and thus didn't get all that time to digest the playbook, practice it, and develop chemistry with the players, b) the OL as a whole is playing poorly, c) the running game is spotty at best, d) the OC is a liability, and e) he's got inexperienced WRs. I'd like to see him have a full 2015 before I pass judgment, but I believe he can opt-out next year, meaning the Bills will have a decision to make on how much they are willing to pay him, since he'll probably be looking to make bank since he's getting up there in years.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let me add that a lot of the problems I mentioned above affecting Orton also affected EJ. And had the WRs done a better job of catching the ball and Hackett not called twice as many passing plays as running plays against the Texans, they would have won that game.

10. Post thanked by:

Meathead (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,701 Times in 7,761 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I can't say how good Orton is because a) he wasn't with the team all off- or even pre-season and thus didn't get all that time to digest the playbook, practice it, and develop chemistry with the players, b) the OL as a whole is playing poorly, c) the running game is spotty at best, d) the OC is a liability, and e) he's got inexperienced WRs. I'd like to see him have a full 2015 before I pass judgment, but I believe he can opt-out next year, meaning the Bills will have a decision to make on how much they are willing to pay him, since he'll probably be looking to make bank since he's getting up there in years.
    So...I see you want to get a head start of the Orton Excuse Train.

He's in his 10th year. We know EXACTLY what he is, despite the refusal to accept the truth in Bills fantasy zone.

There is a reason that no other team wants him as their starter except Buffalo. This in a league that is DESPERATE for starting QB's.

If your goal is .500 record or less, Orton is your guy. My goal is higher
    Last edited by notacon; 10-26-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,568 Times in 17,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Good article in the Buffalo News on Orton today...he enjoys politics, has been an active union rep (even here), and knows how to work the system to his advantage and isn't afraid to do it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

13. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-26-2014),Mr. Pink (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    So...I see you want to get a head start of the Orton Excuse Train.

He's in his 10th year. We know EXACTLY what he is, despite the refusal to accept the truth in Bills fantasy zone.

There is a reason that no other team wants him as their starter except Buffalo. This in a league that is DESPERATE for starting QB's.

If your goal is .500 record or less, Orton is your guy. My goal is higher
    It's foolish to set goals about things that you have absolutely zero control over.

I think you're a little too down on Orton, though. I'm not saying it'll happen here, but QBs have seen success later in their careers after knocking around the league a bit. Rich Gannon comes to mind. It wasn't until his 12th season until he got to Oakland, his 4th team. It happens...all I'm saying.

15. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-26-2014),pmoon6 (10-26-2014),WagonCircler (10-26-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

already got a gotta be top five bills all time epic game winning drive under his belt. cant count on that happening very often but hes been generally much above expectations
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

17. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Good article in the Buffalo News on Orton today...he enjoys politics, has been an active union rep (even here), and knows how to work the system to his advantage and isn't afraid to do it.
    Very good article, thanks for mentioning this. Nice read before the game.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...rrior-20141025

19. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (10-26-2014),YardRat (10-26-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, if you like Orton more than Manuel, you are ipso facto, a racist.

We keepin' the black man down.

Same if you didn't vote for Obama.

21. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I was really hoping he'd get his 300 today. But I'll settle for 4 TDs and no INTs, especially with the restrictions on Orton, given his brutal OC and two injured RBs.

23. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (10-26-2014),pmoon6 (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,421 Times in 7,291 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Yeah, if you like Orton more than Manuel, you are ipso facto, a racist.

We keepin' the black man down.

Same if you didn't vote for Obama.

If you read the story in today's Buffalo News Orton is a big liberal so in this case it's ok.

25. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I was really hoping he'd get his 300 today. But I'll settle for 4 TDs and no INTs, especially with the restrictions on Orton, given his brutal OC and two injured RBs.
    Rating was 142.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554298

27. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (10-26-2014),WagonCircler (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And Bills had ZERO turnovers.

29. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (10-26-2014),jlgarsh (10-26-2014),pmoon6 (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    If you want to look at the stats, Orton only attempted 17 passes.

He had 14 yards per attempt. That's worth mentioning, I'd say.

Like you say, 4 TDs and no INTs.

He played well.

31. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (10-26-2014),WagonCircler (10-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not complaining, the guy is making the throws when he actually gets time.