Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep Pounding The Rock, Hackett

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Keep Pounding The Rock, Hackett

polian yesterday on nfl insider said he believes the jets front seven is the best in football. so i wont make any judgement on bills running game with dixon and brown yet.

2 yards a carry wont cut it vs the chiefs

2. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-28-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

both sides have valid points here but the bottom line to me is its working so these are weeks it probably doesnt make sense to criticize offensive philosophy

two yds a carry is definitely weak but its a lot better than less than two yards a carry. by that i mean every extra yard on third down drops it by roughly close to ten percent so third and six is a lot better than third and ten. some drives youll have third and threes and some drives third and twelves

so on that part i agree, with a team with a good defense its part of a system, you have to keep running to keep the system working. as long as it produces five and threes im on board

secretly i would give my left coconut for chan as oc right now but hey you cant fire a guy at five and three lol
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

4. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,896 Times in 4,019 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    If 'running the ball to set up the pass' is equal to 'forcing yourself into a passing situation on third down after failing to gain 4 or 5 yards on the first two downs running the ball after being gifted field position' then I guess that could apply.
    Yeah, this reminds me of how some talked after the Dallas game a few years ago.

The D forced 6 turnovers and scored 3 times, but there were people talking about how good Trent Edwards looked while being shut out of the endzone.

A case of seriously misplaced credit.

As far as "setting up the TDs" or how none of the TD's would have been possible...

The Woods TD was on a 2nd and 16;
    the long Watkins pass was on a 3rd and 7;
    the Chandler TD was on a 3rd and 8;
    the 2nd Watkins TD was on a 2 and 13.

The run game would have contributed as much to this game if they took a knee 32 times.

In the previous wins under Orton, against the Lions, they scored twice in the 4th Quarter by passing.
    Against the Vikings, the first TD came from a 25 yard pass play following an INT. The other TD was on the final drive where they passed exclusively.

The Bears game seems like eons ago, and the running game hasn't contributed diddly since then.

The sad thing is...most people love a good running game, and know what it can do for an offense.

The sadder thing is..we don't have one, and we aren't going to get one as long as Hackett does what he does.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (10-28-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Pounding the rock is one thing...running into walls over and over again quite another.
    This.