Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Orton's stats

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Orton's stats

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    You were a Losman fan, right?
    I was a Losman fan. And an EJ fan. But that doesn't mean Orton shouldn't be starting.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

2. Post thanked by:

casdhf (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1. Please tell me why you thought Losman wasn't a good player.
    2. when did you go public with your opinion of Losman being a lousy player?
    3. What was your position on Losman being replaced by Holcomb?
    4. Did you object to Eric Moulds going to Ralph to ask for Holcomb to replace Losman a second time?
    5. Did you object to Ralph telling Mularkey he could stay as HC as long as he fired Tom Clements?
    Why bother? You STILL wouldn't believe me, and ask yourself why that is?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How did this get highjacked by someone names Spartcus babbling about JP losman? WTF is the relevance?

5. Post thanked by:

mysticsoto (10-29-2014)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,938 Times in 13,289 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Why bother? You STILL wouldn't believe me, and ask yourself why that is?
    Answer the questions, loudmouth.

Inquiring minds would like to know just how full of crap you are...
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by yordad View Post
    How did this get highjacked by someone names Spartcus babbling about JP losman? WTF is the relevance?
    How does Spartacus hijack his own thread? Maybe he's trying to make a point? You never know...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OK, you're right. I do not know everything. And I will go on the record by saying I have no idea what the point you are tying to make actually is. No offense.

9. Post thanked by:

mysticsoto (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Spartacus started the thread, and it was most likely a set-up to eventually talk about JP Losman.

That's all he can talk about.

11. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (11-12-2014),IlluminatusUIUC (10-30-2014),mysticsoto (10-29-2014),WagonCircler (10-29-2014),yordad (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How does Spartacus hijack his own thread? Maybe he's trying to make a point? You never know...
    If your point is that Kelly Holcomb wasn't worthless, you're still just as wrong today as you were ten years ago.

If your point is that Kyle Orton = Kelly Holcomb, you're even more fuctup now than you were then.

13. Post thanked by:

better days (10-29-2014),feldspar (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Answer the questions, loudmouth.

Inquiring minds would like to know just how full of crap you are...
    Nobody cares except for you. I won't waste my time, as I'm familiar with your tactics. You assume I'm full of crap, anyway...again, why is that? Answer THAT question, douchebag.

And LOL, "when did I go public" with my interpretation of Losman? Go **** yourself.

You're just ridiculous.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who I talked to? About this incident, it was good old Coach Sal Cappaccio himself, who was on the sideline with the Steelers during the final game of the 2004 season.

Among other things Sal mentioned was he was talking to Ben R. when Losman came out on to the field. Sal said ben Laughed and said "JP Losman. What a dick!" LOL! When Ben the rapist calls you a dick, you know you have to be pretty good at it.

Sal also told us about being invited back to Mularkey's house after the game, and over beers have MM tell him that Bledsoe was gone and that Losman was going to be the starter in 2005. This was just a couple of hours after the game.

So, the obvious implication, since Mularkey said it was a done deal that Ralph and TD, and especially Ralph, were behind the decision and presented it to the coaches as a fait accompli.

And yes, even though they didn't say so until February, they DID release Bledsoe and made Losman the starter after having only run something like 8 plays the year before after recovering from his teammates breaking his leg on purpose.

Mularkey, being a weakling, went along with it, but Clements fought for the team and Holcomb, and Ralph never forgave him after Holcomb showed up Losman so badly.

What can we learn from that season?

That you shouldn't flush the team, the fans and the organi2ation down the toilet because guys like you and Ralph have a hard on for the cute new qb.

It seems we've learned the lesson. Maybe someone WAS paying attention.
    Take what Sal Cappacio says with a grain of salt.

He was a H.S. Coach.....................of a GIRLS soccer team in Fla.

He did NOT Coach HS football. He did go to some Coaching clinics, but was not a HS FOOTBALL Coach.

I DOUBT Sal was on the Steelers sideline in 2004. He knew NOBODY back at that time.

Before moving back to Buffalo & getting his break at WGR, Sal did a podcast from his house on crappy equipment.

I give Sal all the Credit in the World for following his dream & getting to where he is at today.

But he likes to embellish.

16. Post thanked by:

Meathead (10-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post

If your point is that Kyle Orton = Kelly Holcomb, you're even more fuctup now than you were then.
    That he's fuctup is a given.

Of course, he thought Holcomb was a top ten QB.

Holcomb started 12 games over nine-years before he came to Buffalo. That's actually fewer starts than EJ Manuel had before they benched him. He's enamored with Holcomb probably because he had a couple of few big days in Cleveland, which is perhaps his team.

Orton is a REAL veteran, as he started 70 games before coming to Buffalo. That's called experience. Whether Orton works out remains to be seen, but the guy is playing well now. There is no question he is the guy the Bills should be starting, regardless.

Spartacus' fixation is endless. I also have to wonder what his offshoot of Tom Clements is all about...Clements was the QB coach in Green Bay for 7 years after he left Buffalo. That's not a hard job, considering what he's had to work with. Offensive Coordinator there for a couple of years.

18. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-30-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And I'll say the same thing I said last time. You're wrong about Holcomb like you were wrong about Losman and wrong about Stevie Johnson.

You're like a lot of other semi-smart Bills fans, lucid most of the time but with a weird propensity to fall in love with players that don't deserve it to the detriment of tbhe team.
    Ok, well educate me. How did Holcomb not have less starts, a rag arm, less stats and how was Stevie Johnson a thug driving to work every day in his family van along with his co gangsta church guy David Nelson ?

I think you're in over your head. Has nothing to do with who I am in love with or who I ever was, or who you were. Try and educate me here and I will give you concrete links to Holcomb and Orton stats, and you can man up and admit you are wrong or sissy out by ignoring them or invent a fresh conspiracy about the NFL lying about stats.

I don't even care if you say I'm semi-smart or not because you're looking ignorant of the obvious numbers. Why do you even say this stuff ? So educate me.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The difference between 2005 and now is that EJ doesn't have REMOTELY the same number of rabid fans as Losman had.
    losman also had more success than ej. that third season when they added vince young to the probowl as an injury replacement it really should have been losman, who had better stats but had fewer wins and got lots less attention on espn

also, i dont think holcomb was nearly as dramatic an improvement as orton has been. whatever tepid support there may have been remaining for ej pretty much evaporated during ortons 3-1 start
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OK, you're right. I do not know everything. And I will go on the record by saying I have no idea what the point you are tying to make actually is. No offense.
    No problem. Watch and learn...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Take what Sal Cappacio says with a grain of salt.

He was a H.S. Coach.....................of a GIRLS soccer team in Fla.

He did NOT Coach HS football. He did go to some Coaching clinics, but was not a HS FOOTBALL Coach.

I DOUBT Sal was on the Steelers sideline in 2004. He knew NOBODY back at that time.

Before moving back to Buffalo & getting his break at WGR, Sal did a podcast from his house on crappy equipment.

I give Sal all the Credit in the World for following his dream & getting to where he is at today.

But he likes to embellish.
    None of this has anything to do with whether or not Sal was telling the truth, and seeing as we had this conversation over at the range the week after the game, I see no reason not to believe him.

I've known Sal, as has cookie and lecter and many others for over a decade and he's always been a straight shooter. Does he know everything? Of course not, only I do.

But to try to argue with an interesting story by impugning Sal's character just isn't justified.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    losman also had more success than ej. that third season when they added vince young to the probowl as an injury replacement it really should have been losman, who had better stats but had fewer wins and got lots less attention on espn

also, i dont think holcomb was nearly as dramatic an improvement as orton has been. whatever tepid support there may have been remaining for ej pretty much evaporated during ortons 3-1 start
    Holcomb won his first 2 starts and looked just like Orton does now, and he almost beat the Pats in NE.

After his 7th start, he was in the top 10 in qb rating, and only a succession of flukes in the final game against the Jets drove his rating down.

Holcomb's success is what necessitated the bogus "qb competition" of 2006, where Jauron put Holcomb in for the first quarfter of the first pre season game, then declared Losman the starter. LOL! No wonder the team gave up. They HATED Losman. Everybody he ever played with hated Losman. That so many Bills fans had a ridiculous fixation with him was creepy.

Man, you guys don't remember much, do you?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

None of this has anything to do with whether or not Sal was telling the truth, and seeing as we had this conversation over at the range the week after the game, I see no reason not to believe him.

I've known Sal, as has cookie and lecter and many others for over a decade and he's always been a straight shooter. Does he know everything? Of course not, only I do.

But to try to argue with an interesting story by impugning Sal's character just isn't justified.
    Living in Fla on the West Coast about 30 minutes from where Sal used to live, I listened to his podcasts all the time as there were no apps for phones to get WGR or any other radio station that was not local.

As I said, Sal likes to embellish. To call himself Coach & give the impression he was a FOOTBALL Coach is a JOKE. Sal Coached GIRLS soccer, NOT boys FOOTBALL.

And while that story may be interesting, I DOUBT it is true. Please explain how a young guy from Buffalo that was not a member of the media in 2004 was able to get on the Steelers sideline

or how he knew Mularkey well enough to be invited to his house. I'm not buying what you are selling.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well lee evans sure didnt hate losman. and right now ejs game isnt near the level jps was at in 06. losman wasnt well liked personally for whatever reason but he worked very reasonably well with them that year

further, holcomb started well here but fizzled out, similar to fitz but we didnt give kelly a huge contract before he went into the crapper. same thing might happen to orton but hes had a longer and more successful stint at starting so hes obviously further along in that regard

funny how subdued the fan base is on orton so far, myself included. i think weve been thru this so many times recently its like here we go again, lets wait and see what happens this time

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    As I said, Sal likes to embellish.
    gotta admit weve seen that here too. but so what, i like sal, he markets himself, and he appears born to do what he does. im glad he found his special purpose and does it in bflo. i still even like him despite creating one of the most hilariously bizarre moments on race issue discussions weve ever seen. classic

27. Post thanked by:

better days (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    gotta admit weve seen that here too. but so what, i like sal, he markets himself, and he appears born to do what he does. im glad he found his special purpose and does it in bflo. i still even like him despite creating one of the most hilariously bizarre moments on race issue discussions weve ever seen. classic
    I like Sal myself as well. As I said, I give him a lot of credit for having the courage to follow his dream & am happy for him & the success he has had.

Like i said, I used to listen to his podcasts all the time.

And sometimes they were very hard to listen to due to the poor equipment he was using.

I still enjoy listening to Sal on WGR despite his penchant for embellishing.

And I really don't mean to impugn Sal's character.

But in 2004, Sal was a College Student at Syracuse from Buffalo NY.

I remember him telling how he used to take the bus from Syracuse to Buffalo to watch Bills games.

I would like to hear the story how he made his way to the sideline of the Steelers or how he got invited to Mularky's house that same magical weekend.

I also find it hard to believe Roethlisburger would call Losman a dick to a stranger on the sideline during a game as well.

I doubt Big Ben knew Losman well enough to know if he was a dick or not for that matter.