• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Orton's stats

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    You were a Losman fan, right?
    I was a Losman fan. And an EJ fan. But that doesn't mean Orton shouldn't be starting.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

1. Please tell me why you thought Losman wasn't a good player.
      2. when did you go public with your opinion of Losman being a lousy player?
      3. What was your position on Losman being replaced by Holcomb?
      4. Did you object to Eric Moulds going to Ralph to ask for Holcomb to replace Losman a second time?
      5. Did you object to Ralph telling Mularkey he could stay as HC as long as he fired Tom Clements?
      Why bother? You STILL wouldn't believe me, and ask yourself why that is?

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

How did this get highjacked by someone names Spartcus babbling about JP losman? WTF is the relevance?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Spartacus
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
          Why bother? You STILL wouldn't believe me, and ask yourself why that is?
          Answer the questions, loudmouth.

Inquiring minds would like to know just how full of crap you are...
          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by yordad View Post
            How did this get highjacked by someone names Spartcus babbling about JP losman? WTF is the relevance?
            How does Spartacus hijack his own thread? Maybe he's trying to make a point? You never know...
            My tebya razdavim

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

OK, you're right. I do not know everything. And I will go on the record by saying I have no idea what the point you are tying to make actually is. No offense.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Spartacus started the thread, and it was most likely a set-up to eventually talk about JP Losman.

That's all he can talk about.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

How does Spartacus hijack his own thread? Maybe he's trying to make a point? You never know...
                  If your point is that Kelly Holcomb wasn't worthless, you're still just as wrong today as you were ten years ago.

If your point is that Kyle Orton = Kelly Holcomb, you're even more fuctup now than you were then.

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Answer the questions, loudmouth.

Inquiring minds would like to know just how full of crap you are...
                    Nobody cares except for you. I won't waste my time, as I'm familiar with your tactics. You assume I'm full of crap, anyway...again, why is that? Answer THAT question, douchebag.

And LOL, "when did I go public" with my interpretation of Losman? Go **** yourself.

You're just ridiculous.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Who I talked to? About this incident, it was good old Coach Sal Cappaccio himself, who was on the sideline with the Steelers during the final game of the 2004 season.

Among other things Sal mentioned was he was talking to Ben R. when Losman came out on to the field. Sal said ben Laughed and said "JP Losman. What a dick!" LOL! When Ben the rapist calls you a dick, you know you have to be pretty good at it.

Sal also told us about being invited back to Mularkey's house after the game, and over beers have MM tell him that Bledsoe was gone and that Losman was going to be the starter in 2005. This was just a couple of hours after the game.

So, the obvious implication, since Mularkey said it was a done deal that Ralph and TD, and especially Ralph, were behind the decision and presented it to the coaches as a fait accompli.

And yes, even though they didn't say so until February, they DID release Bledsoe and made Losman the starter after having only run something like 8 plays the year before after recovering from his teammates breaking his leg on purpose.

Mularkey, being a weakling, went along with it, but Clements fought for the team and Holcomb, and Ralph never forgave him after Holcomb showed up Losman so badly.

What can we learn from that season?

That you shouldn't flush the team, the fans and the organi2ation down the toilet because guys like you and Ralph have a hard on for the cute new qb.

It seems we've learned the lesson. Maybe someone WAS paying attention.
                      Take what Sal Cappacio says with a grain of salt.

He was a H.S. Coach.....................of a GIRLS soccer team in Fla.

He did NOT Coach HS football. He did go to some Coaching clinics, but was not a HS FOOTBALL Coach.

I DOUBT Sal was on the Steelers sideline in 2004. He knew NOBODY back at that time.

Before moving back to Buffalo & getting his break at WGR, Sal did a podcast from his house on crappy equipment.

I give Sal all the Credit in the World for following his dream & getting to where he is at today.

But he likes to embellish.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

If your point is that Kyle Orton = Kelly Holcomb, you're even more fuctup now than you were then.
                        That he's fuctup is a given.

Of course, he thought Holcomb was a top ten QB.

Holcomb started 12 games over nine-years before he came to Buffalo. That's actually fewer starts than EJ Manuel had before they benched him. He's enamored with Holcomb probably because he had a couple of few big days in Cleveland, which is perhaps his team.

Orton is a REAL veteran, as he started 70 games before coming to Buffalo. That's called experience. Whether Orton works out remains to be seen, but the guy is playing well now. There is no question he is the guy the Bills should be starting, regardless.

Spartacus' fixation is endless. I also have to wonder what his offshoot of Tom Clements is all about...Clements was the QB coach in Green Bay for 7 years after he left Buffalo. That's not a hard job, considering what he's had to work with. Offensive Coordinator there for a couple of years.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

And I'll say the same thing I said last time. You're wrong about Holcomb like you were wrong about Losman and wrong about Stevie Johnson.

You're like a lot of other semi-smart Bills fans, lucid most of the time but with a weird propensity to fall in love with players that don't deserve it to the detriment of tbhe team.
                          Ok, well educate me. How did Holcomb not have less starts, a rag arm, less stats and how was Stevie Johnson a thug driving to work every day in his family van along with his co gangsta church guy David Nelson ?

I think you're in over your head. Has nothing to do with who I am in love with or who I ever was, or who you were. Try and educate me here and I will give you concrete links to Holcomb and Orton stats, and you can man up and admit you are wrong or sissy out by ignoring them or invent a fresh conspiracy about the NFL lying about stats.

I don't even care if you say I'm semi-smart or not because you're looking ignorant of the obvious numbers. Why do you even say this stuff ? So educate me.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

The difference between 2005 and now is that EJ doesn't have REMOTELY the same number of rabid fans as Losman had.
                            losman also had more success than ej. that third season when they added vince young to the probowl as an injury replacement it really should have been losman, who had better stats but had fewer wins and got lots less attention on espn

also, i dont think holcomb was nearly as dramatic an improvement as orton has been. whatever tepid support there may have been remaining for ej pretty much evaporated during ortons 3-1 start
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

OK, you're right. I do not know everything. And I will go on the record by saying I have no idea what the point you are tying to make actually is. No offense.
                              No problem. Watch and learn...
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                                Take what Sal Cappacio says with a grain of salt.

He was a H.S. Coach.....................of a GIRLS soccer team in Fla.

He did NOT Coach HS football. He did go to some Coaching clinics, but was not a HS FOOTBALL Coach.

I DOUBT Sal was on the Steelers sideline in 2004. He knew NOBODY back at that time.

Before moving back to Buffalo & getting his break at WGR, Sal did a podcast from his house on crappy equipment.

I give Sal all the Credit in the World for following his dream & getting to where he is at today.

But he likes to embellish.
                                None of this has anything to do with whether or not Sal was telling the truth, and seeing as we had this conversation over at the range the week after the game, I see no reason not to believe him.

I've known Sal, as has cookie and lecter and many others for over a decade and he's always been a straight shooter. Does he know everything? Of course not, only I do.

But to try to argue with an interesting story by impugning Sal's character just isn't justified.
                                My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                                X