• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: Orton's stats

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    How is it ridiculous?

Vincent hit Losman in a non contact drill while he was wearing a red jersey which definitely means do not touch. Vincent had been in the league for years and was full aware not to hit the guy in the red jersey, yet he did anyway.

There was intent of some sort to send a message to Losman. What that intent was no one will no for certain but it was clearly there.
    Vincent said the two collided when Losman attempted to cut back into the middle. "I didn't hit him to tackle him, he was cutting back and I just happened to catch the blade of his shoulder pad,'' Vincent said. "I didn't know he had fallen. I just continued to run, and when I looked back, he was on the ground.''

Did you actually SEE it?

Vincent wouldn't intentionally hurt his own teammate. That's the ridiculous part. Are you going to call Vincent a liar who would intentionally hurt his team's rookie first-round quarterback in August? If so, THAT'S the thing we should be talking about. What kind of a bad character VINCENT has; however, I just don't believe that.

I believe it was an accident, and accidents happen.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-30-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

How is it ridiculous?

Vincent hit Losman in a non contact drill while he was wearing a red jersey which definitely means do not touch. Vincent had been in the league for years and was full aware not to hit the guy in the red jersey, yet he did anyway.

There was intent of some sort to send a message to Losman. What that intent was no one will no for certain but it was clearly there.
      maybe there was intent to hit him but not to hurt him. Troy Vincent was not a classless jerk. He was the president of the players assoc.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-30-2014, 12:32 PM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        maybe there was intent to hit him but not to hurt him. Troy Vincent was not a classless jerk. He was the resident of the players assoc.
        That's all I'm saying...there was an intent to send some kind of message. I'm sure the message wasn't to basically take him out for a year though.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

That's all I'm saying...there was an intent to send some kind of message. I'm sure the message wasn't to basically take him out for a year though.
          What the **** do you REALLY know about it?

You don't think it's even possible that the collision happened accidentally? If so, why not?

Comment

• Spartacus
            • Mar 2003

LOL!

Like I said, some former Losmaniacs have grown up, some will never grow up.

The story is absolutely true as related to the board. If the range hadn't blown up, we'd still be able to find it. If you want to call sal a liar, I can get him to drop in to tell you you're wrong.

First, about the dick part. It was well established that Losman was a dick. There were multiple stories about multiple people calling Losman a dick.Even his MOTHER called him out on it. I tried to warn Bills fans but the Losmaniacs spun it by claiming they WANTED a dick as a qb, because Jim Kelly was a dick so obviously Losman was the next Kelly. Mind-bendingingly stupid.

Second, for those too stupid to get it, Sal was invited back to a small party at Mularkey's house after the game, where he heard the stuff he reported. remember, at this time Sal was a HS teacher just arguing with me, so he had absolutely no reason to lie or embellish.

Third, about Troy Vincent.

Losman, being the dick he was, had a habit of running for the sidelines, then when the defensive player let up because he had the red shirt on, Losman would juke him and continue down the sideline, making the Dback look like a fool.

Losman tried it on Vincent and Vincent taught the rookie a lesson.

Did he intend to break his leg? Probably not, but he sure didn't seem to be too upset about it, and neither was the rest of the team.
            Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 10-30-2014, 01:31 PM.
            My tebya razdavim

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post

Losman, being the dick he was, had a habit of running for the sidelines, then when the defensive player let up because he had the red shirt on, Losman would juke him and continue down the sideline, making the Dback look like a fool.

Losman tried it on Vincent and Vincent taught the rookie a lesson.

Did he intend to break his leg? Probably not, but he sure didn't seem to be too upset about it, and neither was the rest of the team.
              Losman's mom called him a dick, or thereabouts? Link...in fact, give us a number of times anybody called him a dick, or thereabouts. As far as I can see, "multiple people" have called YOU a dick, or thereabouts...if the accusations make it so, then you certainly are a dick (or thereabouts) as well. And, as much as you again won't believe me for some strange reason, I'm not defending Losman. I'm genuinely curious about these "multiple reports."

If Roethlisberger called him a dick on the sideline, so what anyway. This is evidence of some sort? Why? Even the best people in the world get called names by somebody. Again, tell me about these "multiple reports."

Did you see the play where Vincent hurt Losman? If you are so sure about what happened, then please explain what exactly happened ON THE FIELD with the play in question. No question that it was intentional, eh? Tell me why you are so sure of that. Have there ever been any accidental collisions in practice with a QB before or since?

Just stop with your Losman fixation anyway. It's just dumb.
              Last edited by feldspar; 10-30-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• bleve
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post
                Living in Fla on the West Coast about 30 minutes from where Sal used to live, I listened to his podcasts all the time as there were no apps for phones to get WGR or any other radio station that was not local.

As I said, Sal likes to embellish. To call himself Coach & give the impression he was a FOOTBALL Coach is a JOKE. Sal Coached GIRLS soccer, NOT boys FOOTBALL.

And while that story may be interesting, I DOUBT it is true. Please explain how a young guy from Buffalo that was not a member of the media in 2004 was able to get on the Steelers sideline

or how he knew Mularkey well enough to be invited to his house. I'm not buying what you are selling.
                If you're going to ridicule the legitimacy of someone, get your facts straight.

He was a football coach. Not the head coach, but a coach none the less.

Here's a link to a newspaper clipping...

Also, it was the girls track team, not soccer.
                "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Spartacus
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  Losman's mom called him a dick, or thereabouts? Link..
                  This one time. After this you'll have to pay.

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

After the Losmans divorced, a schism developed between J.P. and his dad that didn't heal until his late teens.

"My brothers and his cousins helped fill some of that void for Jonathan when he was growing up," Tricia said. "They were good athletes, too, and he wound up following in their footsteps and becoming a starter in baseball, football and basketball at Venice High School."

Despite her hectic schedule, Tricia always found a way to attend J.P.'s games. She was a laid-back spectator. There was one basketball game, though, where she wanted to ring her son's neck.

"There was a time-out and I could hear Jonathan laying into some of his teammates," she recalled. "I was mortified. That game couldn't end soon enough for me. On the ride home that night, I gave him an earful. I told him that was no way to be a leader. I told him you should be encouraging your teammates, not tearing them down. I think I got my point across."

As for the rest of your dumbass post, I'm happy to educate those who want to learn. Those that just want to fight are treated in the appropriate manner.
                  My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Cleve
                    • Oct 2004

JP Loseman unquestionably sucked monkey ballz. Carry on.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      This one time. After this you'll have to pay.

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

After the Losmans divorced, a schism developed between J.P. and his dad that didn't heal until his late teens.

"My brothers and his cousins helped fill some of that void for Jonathan when he was growing up," Tricia said. "They were good athletes, too, and he wound up following in their footsteps and becoming a starter in baseball, football and basketball at Venice High School."

Despite her hectic schedule, Tricia always found a way to attend J.P.'s games. She was a laid-back spectator. There was one basketball game, though, where she wanted to ring her son's neck.

"There was a time-out and I could hear Jonathan laying into some of his teammates," she recalled. "I was mortified. That game couldn't end soon enough for me. On the ride home that night, I gave him an earful. I told him that was no way to be a leader. I told him you should be encouraging your teammates, not tearing them down. I think I got my point across."

As for the rest of your dumbass post, I'm happy to educate those who want to learn. Those that just want to fight are treated in the appropriate manner.
                      Thanks for the link. Have you been holding it under your belt for years?

I had no idea that Losman's parent's marriage dissolved when he was 5-years-old. I also didn't know that Losman's mom brought in 5 nephews and nieces into her home. Including mom, her two children, and her five nephews and nieces, there were apparently EIGHT people IN A TWO-BEDROOM APARTMENT. I did not know that.

I also didn't know that Losman's mom had this to say about it:

"It wouldn't have worked if Jonathan and his sister didn't open up their hearts and allow the others to move in with us," she said from the same apartment where she's lived for nearly 20 years. "Jonathan became a big brother to all the kids. He made sacrifices so they could have a better life. I'm more proud of that than anything he's accomplished in sports."

Did you know that?

Crazy that there should be an incident where a mother should disapprove of a teenager's behavior, though. Have you heard of such things before? Never seen some of the all-time great QBs "laying into some of his teammates" before, either. Wonder if JP's mom thought he was a dick when he tied a ribbon to her BMW present.

Also, take that "I'm willing to teach those that want to learn" attitude and shove it up your worthless ass. All you EVER talk about is basically JP Losman...never proven any knowledge of the game whatsoever. Just some strange overly-personal vendetta, which is crazy, nonsensical, and creepy. You some sort of authority of JP's character?

Again, let it go. It does not matter. You're being an idiot.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Sal did break the TO signing direct from one of his sources (obviously well-placed) and IIRC was told by Whitner himself that it was OK to 'break' the news that he was signing with Cincinnati almost literally moments before the big 180 and signing with San Fran.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Thanks for the link. Have you been holding it under your belt for years?
                          I told you Sparty's fascination with JP is freaky.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                            You do realize that three of those measures skyrocketed after the Jets game, right?

His rating went up over 10 points, his two longest passes were in that game, and his YPA in the Jets game was twice what it was over his first three games. It was 14 vs. the Jets, 7.2 prior to that. 8.0 now.

He also has more sacks per game than any other QB or team this season.

Just about everyone seems to suggest that sacks are huge on D, but if that's the case then shouldn't they be equally huge for defenses that play us?

He's on pace to come close to Bledsoe's team record for sacks allowed but it took Bledsoe 16 games, Orton's pace would achieve it in 13. Saving Orton is that he can only play 12 games. At the rate he's going he'll lead the league in sacks at the end of this season though.

Is that relevant?
                            Tom Brady's stats took a boost when he played the Jets too, should we not count his numbers for that game too? I agree there's a small concern with Orton's taking sacks but FYI Joe Flacco was the 8th most sacked QB in 2012, Russell Wilson was the 3rd most sacked QB in 2013.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by bleve View Post
                              If you're going to ridicule the legitimacy of someone, get your facts straight.

He was a football coach. Not the head coach, but a coach none the less.

Here's a link to a newspaper clipping...

Also, it was the girls track team, not soccer.
                              It was a GIRLS SOCCER team Sal Coached.

I like Sal as I said before, So I am going to cease & desist talking about this.

STUPID it was started about Losman in the first place.

This is 2014. There is no need to talk about Losman any further.

As JP said, that ship has sailed.

Comment

• Spartacus
                                • Mar 2003

I had no idea... I also didn't know...I did not know that...I also didn't know...

Did you know that?
                                Yes, I did know those things, as I also knew you didn't. But that's no surprise because there seems to be a lot of things that you don't know that I do. Which is my point.

Losmaniacs were clueless, which would have been okay if they'd just kept their mouths shut. But the other facet of Losmania besides the ignorance, the ugly one, was mean spirited hostility that had a distinct whiff of homo-erotism about it. JP was more than just another professional athlete, he was a fantasy object for the fan boys, someone they'd all love to be, so when JP was yanked they went ballistic because they were exposed as not only idiots, but closet cases as well. Real nasty *****es.

Like you.
                                My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                                X