Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Orton's stats

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Orton's stats

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I would like to hear the story how he made his way to the sideline of the Steelers or how he got invited to Mularky's house that same magical weekend.
    I remember that story, and I totally believe it.

Sal was doing the job that a friend of mine used to do for the Bills.

It was the era before wireless headsets on the sidelines, so they needed a guy to "manage" the hard wired coach's headphones, to keep people from tripping over the lines or standing on the lines, so the HC could move freely on the sidelines.

Not a glamorous job. No reason for embellishment. And the only possible way I'd know this was that Sal included it in his posts, since I've never met him personally.

I remember him telling a story about how Plaxico Burress was either deaf or thick as a brick, and kept standing on the cord.

I remember the Mularkey story, too. Sal was giddy, like a little kid, and portrayed it that way. He wasn't acting like he was all cool and ran with the Bills coaching crew. He presented it as a once in a lifetime encounter at a postgame party.

I don't know anything about what he did in FLA, but I do remember the sideline story, and it rang 100% true. It wasn't as you characterize it.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (10-30-2014),CommissarSpartacus (10-30-2014),jimmifli (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I remember that story, and I totally believe it.

Sal was doing the job that a friend of mine used to do for the Bills.

It was the era before wireless headsets on the sidelines, so they needed a guy to "manage" the hard wired coach's headphones, to keep people from tripping over the lines or standing on the lines, so the HC could move freely on the sidelines.

Not a glamorous job. No reason for embellishment. And the only possible way I'd know this was that Sal included it in his posts, since I've never met him personally.

I remember him telling a story about how Plaxico Burress was either deaf or thick as a brick, and kept standing on the cord.

I remember the Mularkey story, too. Sal was giddy, like a little kid, and portrayed it that way. He wasn't acting like he was all cool and ran with the Bills coaching crew. He presented it as a once in a lifetime encounter at a postgame party.

I don't know anything about what he did in FLA, but I do remember the sideline story, and it rang 100% true. It wasn't as you characterize it.
    Well, I guess it is possible Sal was on the sideline, but I still find it hard to believe Big Ben would tell a total stranger that Losman is a dick.

And a post game party sounds different than the way Sparticus said Sal going to the Coaches house after the game.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I guess it is possible Sal was on the sideline, but I still find it hard to believe Big Ben would tell a total stranger that Losman is a dick.
    Why? He was such a dick Troy Vincent intentionally injured him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    Why in the holy hell would one of the leagues most respected veterans purposely injure a rookie teammate in a practice? You must know how ridiculous this sounds.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

6. Post thanked by:

better days (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hi did not intentionally injure him. He tackled him full speed in either a non-tackle drill or in a half speed walk-through (dont remember exactly). He did not want to injure him but he wanted to send a message. That he got injured was unfortunate, or maybe fortunate, but at least not planned.

8. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here is why...

I doubt Vincent meant to injure him for one thing, I think he just meant to shake him up.

I doubt Ben knew Losman well enough to know if he was a dick or not & I doubt Ben would have told a young kid he did not know that even if he thought it.

Like I said Sal likes to embellish.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,901 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by yordad View Post
    I was a Losman fan. And an EJ fan. But that doesn't mean Orton shouldn't be starting.
    I was a Losman and EJ fan too.
    Doesn't mean I didn't think they would suck.
    I much rather of them to have proved me wrong.
    It would be much more fun watching them team have success.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    Hi did not intentionally injure him. He tackled him full speed in either a non-tackle drill or in a half speed walk-through (dont remember exactly). He did not want to injure him but he wanted to send a message. That he got injured was unfortunate, or maybe fortunate, but at least not planned.
    JP was wearing a redshirt, ran a bootleg and tried for a few extra yards at the sideline. Vincent hit him out of bounds.

His intent was to hurt JP and teach him a lesson. Injury was certainly a possible outcome when hitting a guy that is not expecting to be hit.

12. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

His intent was to hurt JP and teach him a lesson.
    This is ridiculous, and I don't believe it for one second.

If you assume that's true, that would be horrible indictment on Troy Vincent and nobody else. If you don't like a guy or what he does for any reason, you intentionally hurt him? A guy that would even dream of doing that to his own teammate would be the worst type of player to have on your team, regardless of anything else at all.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    This is ridiculous, and I don't believe it for one second.

If you assume that's true, that would be horrible indictment on Troy Vincent and nobody else. If you don't like a guy or what he does for any reason, you intentionally hurt him? A guy that would even dream of doing that to his own teammate would be the worst type of player to have on your team, regardless of anything else at all.
    How is it ridiculous?

Vincent hit Losman in a non contact drill while he was wearing a red jersey which definitely means do not touch. Vincent had been in the league for years and was full aware not to hit the guy in the red jersey, yet he did anyway.

There was intent of some sort to send a message to Losman. What that intent was no one will no for certain but it was clearly there.

16. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (10-30-2014),jimmifli (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    How is it ridiculous?

Vincent hit Losman in a non contact drill while he was wearing a red jersey which definitely means do not touch. Vincent had been in the league for years and was full aware not to hit the guy in the red jersey, yet he did anyway.

There was intent of some sort to send a message to Losman. What that intent was no one will no for certain but it was clearly there.
    Vincent said the two collided when Losman attempted to cut back into the middle. "I didn't hit him to tackle him, he was cutting back and I just happened to catch the blade of his shoulder pad,'' Vincent said. "I didn't know he had fallen. I just continued to run, and when I looked back, he was on the ground.''

Did you actually SEE it?

Vincent wouldn't intentionally hurt his own teammate. That's the ridiculous part. Are you going to call Vincent a liar who would intentionally hurt his team's rookie first-round quarterback in August? If so, THAT'S the thing we should be talking about. What kind of a bad character VINCENT has; however, I just don't believe that.

I believe it was an accident, and accidents happen.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-30-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How is it ridiculous?

maybe there was intent to hit him but not to hurt him. Troy Vincent was not a classless jerk. He was the president of the players assoc.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-30-2014 at 12:32 PM.

19. Post thanked by:

better days (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    maybe there was intent to hit him but not to hurt him. Troy Vincent was not a classless jerk. He was the resident of the players assoc.
    That's all I'm saying...there was an intent to send some kind of message. I'm sure the message wasn't to basically take him out for a year though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's all I'm saying...there was an intent to send some kind of message. I'm sure the message wasn't to basically take him out for a year though.
    What the **** do you REALLY know about it?

You don't think it's even possible that the collision happened accidentally? If so, why not?

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL!

Like I said, some former Losmaniacs have grown up, some will never grow up.

The story is absolutely true as related to the board. If the range hadn't blown up, we'd still be able to find it. If you want to call sal a liar, I can get him to drop in to tell you you're wrong.

First, about the dick part. It was well established that Losman was a dick. There were multiple stories about multiple people calling Losman a dick.Even his MOTHER called him out on it. I tried to warn Bills fans but the Losmaniacs spun it by claiming they WANTED a dick as a qb, because Jim Kelly was a dick so obviously Losman was the next Kelly. Mind-bendingingly stupid.

Second, for those too stupid to get it, Sal was invited back to a small party at Mularkey's house after the game, where he heard the stuff he reported. remember, at this time Sal was a HS teacher just arguing with me, so he had absolutely no reason to lie or embellish.

Third, about Troy Vincent.

Losman, being the dick he was, had a habit of running for the sidelines, then when the defensive player let up because he had the red shirt on, Losman would juke him and continue down the sideline, making the Dback look like a fool.

Losman tried it on Vincent and Vincent taught the rookie a lesson.

Did he intend to break his leg? Probably not, but he sure didn't seem to be too upset about it, and neither was the rest of the team.
    Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 10-30-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    My tebya razdavim

23. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

Losman, being the dick he was, had a habit of running for the sidelines, then when the defensive player let up because he had the red shirt on, Losman would juke him and continue down the sideline, making the Dback look like a fool.

Losman tried it on Vincent and Vincent taught the rookie a lesson.

Did he intend to break his leg? Probably not, but he sure didn't seem to be too upset about it, and neither was the rest of the team.
    Losman's mom called him a dick, or thereabouts? Link...in fact, give us a number of times anybody called him a dick, or thereabouts. As far as I can see, "multiple people" have called YOU a dick, or thereabouts...if the accusations make it so, then you certainly are a dick (or thereabouts) as well. And, as much as you again won't believe me for some strange reason, I'm not defending Losman. I'm genuinely curious about these "multiple reports."

If Roethlisberger called him a dick on the sideline, so what anyway. This is evidence of some sort? Why? Even the best people in the world get called names by somebody. Again, tell me about these "multiple reports."

Did you see the play where Vincent hurt Losman? If you are so sure about what happened, then please explain what exactly happened ON THE FIELD with the play in question. No question that it was intentional, eh? Tell me why you are so sure of that. Have there ever been any accidental collisions in practice with a QB before or since?

Just stop with your Losman fixation anyway. It's just dumb.
    Last edited by feldspar; 10-30-2014 at 01:54 PM.

25. Post thanked by:

better days (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Living in Fla on the West Coast about 30 minutes from where Sal used to live, I listened to his podcasts all the time as there were no apps for phones to get WGR or any other radio station that was not local.

As I said, Sal likes to embellish. To call himself Coach & give the impression he was a FOOTBALL Coach is a JOKE. Sal Coached GIRLS soccer, NOT boys FOOTBALL.

And while that story may be interesting, I DOUBT it is true. Please explain how a young guy from Buffalo that was not a member of the media in 2004 was able to get on the Steelers sideline

or how he knew Mularkey well enough to be invited to his house. I'm not buying what you are selling.
    If you're going to ridicule the legitimacy of someone, get your facts straight.

He was a football coach. Not the head coach, but a coach none the less.

Here's a link to a newspaper clipping...

Also, it was the girls track team, not soccer.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

27. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (10-30-2014),jimmifli (10-30-2014),WagonCircler (10-30-2014)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Losman's mom called him a dick, or thereabouts? Link..
    This one time. After this you'll have to pay.

http://roc.democratandchronicle.com/...man-right-path

After the Losmans divorced, a schism developed between J.P. and his dad that didn't heal until his late teens.

"My brothers and his cousins helped fill some of that void for Jonathan when he was growing up," Tricia said. "They were good athletes, too, and he wound up following in their footsteps and becoming a starter in baseball, football and basketball at Venice High School."

Despite her hectic schedule, Tricia always found a way to attend J.P.'s games. She was a laid-back spectator. There was one basketball game, though, where she wanted to ring her son's neck.

"There was a time-out and I could hear Jonathan laying into some of his teammates," she recalled. "I was mortified. That game couldn't end soon enough for me. On the ride home that night, I gave him an earful. I told him that was no way to be a leader. I told him you should be encouraging your teammates, not tearing them down. I think I got my point across."

As for the rest of your dumbass post, I'm happy to educate those who want to learn. Those that just want to fight are treated in the appropriate manner.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

JP Loseman unquestionably sucked monkey ballz. Carry on.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    This one time. After this you'll have to pay.

http://roc.democratandchronicle.com/...man-right-path

After the Losmans divorced, a schism developed between J.P. and his dad that didn't heal until his late teens.

"My brothers and his cousins helped fill some of that void for Jonathan when he was growing up," Tricia said. "They were good athletes, too, and he wound up following in their footsteps and becoming a starter in baseball, football and basketball at Venice High School."

Despite her hectic schedule, Tricia always found a way to attend J.P.'s games. She was a laid-back spectator. There was one basketball game, though, where she wanted to ring her son's neck.

"There was a time-out and I could hear Jonathan laying into some of his teammates," she recalled. "I was mortified. That game couldn't end soon enough for me. On the ride home that night, I gave him an earful. I told him that was no way to be a leader. I told him you should be encouraging your teammates, not tearing them down. I think I got my point across."

As for the rest of your dumbass post, I'm happy to educate those who want to learn. Those that just want to fight are treated in the appropriate manner.
    Thanks for the link. Have you been holding it under your belt for years?

I had no idea that Losman's parent's marriage dissolved when he was 5-years-old. I also didn't know that Losman's mom brought in 5 nephews and nieces into her home. Including mom, her two children, and her five nephews and nieces, there were apparently EIGHT people IN A TWO-BEDROOM APARTMENT. I did not know that.

I also didn't know that Losman's mom had this to say about it:

"It wouldn't have worked if Jonathan and his sister didn't open up their hearts and allow the others to move in with us," she said from the same apartment where she's lived for nearly 20 years. "Jonathan became a big brother to all the kids. He made sacrifices so they could have a better life. I'm more proud of that than anything he's accomplished in sports."

Did you know that?

Crazy that there should be an incident where a mother should disapprove of a teenager's behavior, though. Have you heard of such things before? Never seen some of the all-time great QBs "laying into some of his teammates" before, either. Wonder if JP's mom thought he was a dick when he tied a ribbon to her BMW present.

Also, take that "I'm willing to teach those that want to learn" attitude and shove it up your worthless ass. All you EVER talk about is basically JP Losman...never proven any knowledge of the game whatsoever. Just some strange overly-personal vendetta, which is crazy, nonsensical, and creepy. You some sort of authority of JP's character?

Again, let it go. It does not matter. You're being an idiot.