• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Orton's stats

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
    Sure the situations were similar, but of the 4 QB's in '14 and '05, Orton is clearly the best. Head and shoulders.

The rest can muck about for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. At this point, there isn't much that distinguishes any of them. At least EJ perhaps has potential.
    The situations aren't really even that similar. Buffalo took a mobile QB to replace a statue back then, and replaced a mobile QB with a statue now. They brought in a rag armed backup then, now replaced a mobile with a not rag armed not surely backup now. It's polar opposite, don't let yourself buy into it because of someone who lips off a lot.

Orton is not Peyton Manning, but he's pretty not undistinguished if not distinguished. Watching Dallas last couple games, well, you have to laugh at them for replacing him with Weeden.

I haven't given up on Manuel, maybe this is where he learns. Maybe it isn't, but we have a buffer now if we make Orton happy enough, and not terrible is so much sweeter than terrible.

We have time now, might be good time.

Comment

• Spartacus
      • Mar 2003

Wait...just so we're clear. Holcomb is the Beetle, right? Having Holcomb showed other teams that the Bills were "a plucky underdog"?

LOL...do you really think other teams even game planned for Holcomb? He was a nobody-never-was with a ticket on the train to Palookaville waiting at the station, paid in full.
      Play dumb all you want, the point remains that no matter how lousy or good Holcomb was, he was immeasurably better than Losman, and starting a qb that gave the team NO HOPE when you had a QB available that gave you some hope destroted the team and organi2ation for years.

Every guy on the team is an independent contractor who stands to make more money if the team is successful.

Playing a guy who's guaranteed to lose when you can play a guy who had one of the top 5 games ever in the playoffs against the Steelers is just taking money from the team's pocket.

I doubt YOU'D like to work under an incompetent boss that costs you money when someone better was available.
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
        • Mar 2003

Aaaargh. I'm doing it again. Trying to have intelligent conversations with Losmaniacs.

When will I ever learn?
        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Aaaargh. I'm doing it again. Trying to have intelligent conversations with Losmaniacs.

When will I ever learn?
          Maybe you should just stop posting altogether.

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

Play dumb all you want, the point remains that no matter how lousy or good Holcomb was, he was immeasurably better than Losman
            They were both had warts. Losman was a statue with a rocket arm and little else. Holcomb was more of a game manager who had trouble keeping possession. In '05, he had 8 picks and 13 fumbles (6 lost). He had one really good game against Cinci. Otherwise, he was not exactly consistent.

Playing a guy who's guaranteed to lose when you can play a guy who had one of the top 5 games ever in the playoffs against the Steelers
            You know who else had one really good playoff game? Jeff George and Richard Todd. Those guys were bums too.

I doubt YOU'D like to work under an incompetent boss that costs you money when someone better was available.
            I'd hate to be a fan of a team that did that. In fact, I did hate it. In '06, when Losman was 2-5 out of the gate, better believe I wanted Holcomb to get a shot.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

They were both had warts.
              We ALL have warts. So what? The fact remains that not only was Holcomb a better qb than Losman, the TEAM thought he was a better player, and when Ralph an TD insisted that Losman be the starter, they were effectively throwing the whole team under the bus for a guy the team considered not only untalented, but a major dick as well.

Remember, the team revolted twice that year over Losman as the starter.

when Eric Moulds, as the team's senior member was appointed to go to Ralph to ask for Holcomb to go back in, the Losmaniacs went after him like a pack of rabid hyenas. Imagine, throwing a great Bill like Eric Moulds under the bus for telling the truth about a guy that no one wanted after Buffalo cut him.

Shameful, just shameful...
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

You're the one that keeps bringing Losman up. The only one. Everyone is laughing at you.

Comment

• gebobs
                  • Sep 2003

We ALL have warts. So what? The fact remains that not only was Holcomb a better qb than Losman, the TEAM thought he was a better player, and when Ralph an TD insisted that Losman be the starter, they were effectively throwing the whole team under the bus for a guy the team considered not only untalented, but a major dick as well.

Remember, the team revolted twice that year over Losman as the starter.

when Eric Moulds, as the team's senior member was appointed to go to Ralph to ask for Holcomb to go back in, the Losmaniacs went after him like a pack of rabid hyenas. Imagine, throwing a great Bill like Eric Moulds under the bus for telling the truth about a guy that no one wanted after Buffalo cut him.

Shameful, just shameful...
                  Losman was a loser. I know it. You know it. Heck, even Dick Jauron knows it now. Revisiting this decade old soap opera is silly. The Bills made a dumb decision? There's a news flash! Heck, they make dumb decisions like other teams change beer vendors. The history of the franchise is replete with moves that drive we fans nuts. The Lamonica trade, the McDole trade, firing Polian, starting RJ over Flutie, drafting Patulski/Cousineau/Tuttle/McCargo/etc. I could go on and on. Not giving Holcomb the starting job doesn't even rate in the top 100.

Holcomb was nothing. He was mediocre. Dime-a-dozen. Making him the starter would not likely have meant much in the AFC East or the AFC overall. Had they found a way to get to 9 wins and beat out KC for the last wildcard, they would have been slaughtered by Manning anyway.

Now go do a bong hit and relax. Orton isn't a stud, but he is way better than the Losman/Holcomb/Van Pelt/Edwards/Johnson/Collins chorus line of losers.

LOL..."Losmaniacs"...soooooo played.
                  Last edited by gebobs; 11-05-2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Spartacus
                    • Mar 2003

Losman was a loser. I know it. You know it. Heck, even Dick Jauron knows it now.
                    I always knew it.

And Orton isn't better than Holcomb, he IS Holcomb.
                    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Hey Shiva. Weren't you a Johnsonite?
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        You're the one that keeps bringing Losman up. The only one. Everyone is laughing at you.
                        Careful.

He doesn't want to fight. He wants to call people liars before patronizing them in ridiculous ways...but he doesn't want to fight. He wants to educate. LOL.

The QB situation ten years ago matters not, anyway.

Comment

• gebobs
                          • Sep 2003

I always knew it.
                          Of course. That's because you are so smart.

And Orton isn't better than Holcomb, he IS Holcomb.
                          Only football isn't your forte.

Comment

• gebobs
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                            Dude, Johnsonite is not the preferred nomenclature. RobKnob, please.

Comment

• Spartacus
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              Nope.

I was flabbergasted when Flutie was replaced by Robbo for the Titans game - what happened after that was inevitable...
                              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                                • Mar 2003

Of course. That's because you are so smart.

Only football isn't your forte.
                                1. Yes, I am smart. People without self-esteem issues recogni2e that.

2. A "forte" is a value judgment, therefore even IF football isn't my forte, it still doesn't mean I'm not a smarter football analyst than any of you. It just means I'm even better at something else, as hard as that is to comprehend...
                                My tebya razdavim

Comment

Working...
                                X