Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Orton gets injured...

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,902 Times in 13,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Orton gets injured...

God forbid, but if Orton got knocked out of the KC game in the first quarter and EJ came in the game and threw for 2 tds and 250 yds and looked great in a Bills win, would you start him again the next week even if Orton had fully recovered from his boo boo?

If that's not enough 3 tds and 350 yds? 4 tds and 450 yds?

Or would you put Orton back in no matter how great EJ played?
    My tebya razdavim

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: If Orton gets injured...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Yes

3. Post thanked by:

POTLAND PSILBYLO (11-02-2014),WagonCircler (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

yep... if you buy that they are trying to groom EJ and teach him. even if he has a good game, long term, he's better of sitting the bench for the remainder of the year.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bring in Holcomb.

6. Post thanked by:

better days (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,992 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Play both at the same time or alternate series.

8. Post thanked by:

hydro (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills have pegged Orton as a starter, and the results have been fantastic.

EJ performing well in spot duty like that would be the BEST possible scenario for the Bills, and would NOT mean EJ should start going forward. It would simply be a referendum on him "learning" from the bench, and would serve to reaffirm that he has the talent to be a top level quarterback, and just needs more grooming.

In actuality, I would feel 10x better if EJ somehow got a start at some point this season... say we were locked into the 5 seed... like Rob Johnson against the Colts... I want to see if he has learned anything, and can play a little more "free" now. Can't believe I'm about to say this, but the Bills QB situation looks about as healthy as it has since Kelly was backed up by Reich.

I hope... nay, I PRAY... that Whaley can handle this situation with the utmost care. Because we are sitting pretty. A veteran QB who EJ can learn from, and EJ Manuel as a backup. A guy that can come in, look good, and potentially net us a super high draft pick in 2-3 years.

I said it the second we plugged Orton in, and stand by it: this season has championship potential. Our 3-1 record, steady offense, dominant defense, and flawless special teams since the switch have done nothing to dissuade me from that notion. We might not win the division, but defense travels, and we look like the 2007 Giants. I would not want to be the Bengals, and hosting this Bills team in round 1.

I would not want to be the Patriots, and playing this Bills defense for a THIRD time in round 2.

And I would not want to be the old, cold Peyton Manning, staring down the teeth of our defense in a blizzard to get to the Super Bowl in Denver in round 3.

We have the defense, the matchups, and the story line to have a Cinderella season.

I just wish guys like Fletch would stop trying to prove a point, and just enjoy the ride. If there was ever a season to sit back and enjoy the ride, this is it. If the Bills win the Super Bowl this year, do you really want to be the guy who spent 17 weeks, 4 rounds of the playoffs, and countless hours of your free times trying to poke holes in the championship balloon?

Is it crazy? IDK, you tell me. It's 2014: in the NFL, the objective is MAKE THE TOURNAMENT. After that, it's anyone's game.

Right now, we'd be in.

LETS GO BILLS.

10. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (10-31-2014),CommissarSpartacus (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Somehow WE ALL KNOW that the original poster is trying to bait us and turn this into another in a long line of JP Losman threads.

12. Post thanked by:

better days (10-31-2014),feldspar (10-30-2014),imbondz (10-30-2014),WagonCircler (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Somehow WE ALL KNOW that the original poster is trying to bait us and turn this into another in a long line of JP Losman threads.
    Truth.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

NOOOO!!... Skooby owes me $50K if EJ doesn't miss a game due to injury. Let him stay on the bench please.

15. Post thanked by:

sukie (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the relationship, respect and expectations that Orton has developed with the team in such a short period of time would negate that as a possibility. These guys on both sides of the ball believe in Orton right now a lot more than they believe in EJ and one game isn't going to change that.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

17. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (10-30-2014)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is no such IF. No way it happens.

Tell you what, IF he gets to 7 tds and 700 yards then I promise to immediately put him in the hall of fame. Sounds fair?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    JP Losman is the content not the lesson.

This is the lesson:
    Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I think the relationship, respect and expectations that Orton has developed with the team in such a short period of time would negate that as a possibility. These guys on both sides of the ball believe in Orton right now a lot more than they believe in EJ and one game isn't going to change that.
    Go back to EJ and the team would quit. Like they did the last time (and every time before that) an unworthy QB was handed the starting job.

20. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (10-31-2014),YardRat (10-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good responses in this thread so far. EJ plays neutered and would kill the team's motivation. He's just a black hole.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    JP Losman is the content not the lesson.

This is the lesson:

Go back to EJ and the team would quit. Like they did the last time (and every time before that) an unworthy QB was handed the starting job.
    Spartacus, is that you?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    NOOOO!!... Skooby owes me $50K if EJ doesn't miss a game due to injury. Let him stay on the bench please.
    Does a s[linter in the left butt cheek count as an injury?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

God forbid, but if Orton got knocked out of the KC game in the first quarter and EJ came in the game and threw for 2 tds and 250 yds and looked great in a Bills win, would you start him again the next week even if Orton had fully recovered from his boo boo?

Bring back JP LOSMAN!!!!!!

25. Post thanked by:

better days (10-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ridiculous. EJ's not throwing for 300 yards and multiple TDs. He had ample amount of opportunity to show he was capable of such feats and he didn't. EJ was mediocre in college, FSU was happy to have Winston in place of EJ, and EJ is not an NFL QB. Orton always has been an NFL QB. Those that look at his stats and say 'no, he used to suck' lack what's called critical thinking. Orton showed promise early on and has produced when he's had a solid team around him. Orton is our QB and EJ is a class act but he's not a QB.

27. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (10-31-2014)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,902 Times in 13,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

EJ could very easily hit a couple of fly patterns to Sammy and wind up with a couple of tds and 250 yds. Not at all out of the realm, of possibility. Don't forget, EJ was the starter for 2 of the Bills 5 wins, and let's face it, was drafted in the first round to be the qb of the future. If you don't think Orton can take us to a SB and EJ has a game where he looks like he gets it, why wouldn't you give the kid a couple of more games to see him do his thing?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

EJ could very easily hit a couple of fly patterns to Sammy and wind up with a couple of tds and 250 yds. Not at all out of the realm, of possibility. Don't forget, EJ was the starter for 2 of the Bills 5 wins, and let's face it, was drafted in the first round to be the qb of the future. If you don't think Orton can take us to a SB and EJ has a game where he looks like he gets it, why wouldn't you give the kid a couple of more games to see him do his thing?
    Fine, if EJ throws for 400 yards and 2+TDs in a romping win vs a god defense then... sure. He can start til we lose again or he proves he is constant enough to be the better QB.

Now is this just conversation, or is there some wierd point I have yet to grasp again?
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yep...you're not good with football either...