Thread: Griffs open their brand new nest inside Harbor Center...skate to 3 all tie!

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Griffs open their brand new nest inside Harbor Center...skate to 3 all tie!

It was loud. It was crazy. And it was dramatic.
    Canisius kicked off its HarborCenter era with a 3-3 overtime tie against Ohio State in front of a sold-out crowd of 2,000 at HarborCenter.
    It all started with a crazy opening two minutes that saw the Golden Griffins take a 2-0 lead and chase the Buckeyes’ starting goaltender.
    Shane Conacher scored just 22 seconds into the game for Canisius. Doug Beck followed that up with a wraparound goal just 1:27 later.

Ohio State starter Christian Frey, who began the season on the Mike Richter Award list, was pulled after allowing those two goals on the first two Canisius shots.
    Ohio State came back in the second, scoring their first goal at 7:36 on a shot from Matt Johnson. He shot the puck and beat Canisius goalie Keegan Asmundson up high, but the puck bounced out and play continued. The officials went to video replay after the next stoppage in play.
    The Buckeyes got the equalizer at 13:18 of the second as Luke Stork scored on a wrist shot coming up the left side.
    Then came a wild third period.
    Jack Stander scored his first collegiate goal with 6:37 left in the game to give the Griffs a 3-2 lead.
    It looked as if Tanner Fritz had tied the game 46 seconds later but after a lengthy video review it was ruled no goal.
    There was no question when David Gust scored with 4:01 left in the game, knotting the score, 3-3.

Both teams had scoring chances in the five-minute overtime period. Ohio State (3-1-1) had several solid rushes late, but a few great defensive plays by senior captain Doug Jessey kept the Buckeyes from getting clean looks.

The two teams meet again tonight at HarborCenter. That game is also a sellout.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/ca...pener-20141031
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 11-01-2014 at 12:27 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

coastal (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Griffs open their brand new nest inside Harbor Center...skate to 3 all tie!

I played for the Griffs for all of about 3 practices before I had surgery... which subsequently ended my college hockey career.

I'm sorry I never pursued coaching.

the coach at the time, Brian Cavanaugh, offered for me to do the video and then analysis with him the year I would be out.

i turned him down.

looking back.... Wtf!?

4. Post thanked by: