Thread: Does Ted Nolan Want to be Fired?

SpikedLemonade

Does Ted Nolan Want to be Fired?

His comments seem more and more aggressive towards the players.

Management wants to tank.

Nolan clearly doesn't.

Didn't he get the memo?

He waited this long to get back into the NHL and the Sabres were the only team that would hire him since they had the tank as their mission.

I wonder if he finally has clued in that he is the pansy in this plan and that he won't be coaching in the NHL ever again after this season.

So he wants to go out swinging and on his own terms.

Perhaps he will **** one of the player's (or the owner?) wives on his way out which was what got him banned in the first place?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,619 Times in 17,486 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Does Ted Nolan Want to be Fired?

Might have had a good shot at a Cup if he wasn't such an ******* the first time around.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This isn't the first time that Nolan aquired a bad Sabres team the 1995 in Nolan's first season as head coach of the Sabres and (last season of playing in the Aud) the Sabres finsished 33-42-7 = 72 pts. Sabres were 19-17-5 at the Aud and on the road the Sabres were 14-25-2 GF were 247 and GA 262 and finished 5th in the division The next season (the first year of then Marine Midland Arena) and we all know what happened that season The Sabres won their first Northeast Division title and first division title in 16 years and would go on to beat the Senators in the 1996 playoffs in 7 games as Derek Plante would score the GW goal.

Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 11-02-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Perhaps he will **** one of the player's (or the owner?) wives on his way out which was what got him banned in the first place?
    /sarcasm on/

Sounds like you really want to honestly engage Sabres fans.

/sarcasm off/

Troll.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

8. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,694 Times in 8,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
    This isn't the first time that Nolan aquired a bad Sabres team the 1995 in Nolan's first season as head coach of the Sabres and (last season of playing in the Aud) the Sabres finsished 33-42-7 = 72 pts. Sabres were 19-17-5 at the Aud and on the road the Sabres were 14-25-2 GF were 247 and GA 262 and finished 5th in the division The next season (the first year of then Marine Midland Arena) and we all know what happened that season The Sabres won their first Northeast Division title and first division title in 16 years and would go on to beat the Senators in the 1996 playoffs in 7 games as Derek Plante would score the GW goal.

yep. A #2 seed beat a #7 seed in OT of game 7 because the goalie let in a very soft goal. yay for Ted.

He's a crap coach. I sure as hell do not want him around McDavid or Eichel. He will do nothing to help either and will only hold them back
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

10. Post thanked by:

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    yep. A #2 seed beat a #7 seed in OT of game 7 because the goalie let in a very soft goal. yay for Ted.

He's a crap coach. I sure as hell do not want him around McDavid or Eichel. He will do nothing to help either and will only hold them back
    did you conveniently forget about the all world goalie basically quitting midway through the series?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,538 Times in 12,069 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Any good candidates out there to coach?

Jeff blashill?

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,505 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They just don't look like a Nolan team to me. I mean the guy is not Scotty Bowman, but this is seeming ridiculous. I'm not really sure who to blame, still think they'll have a great team in a couple years, don't understand why it will take that long to be competent, can't really believe they are tanking, but have trouble believing they aren't.

I mean Nolan did better with Latvia and I find it hard to believe he speaks fluent Latvian.

He'd go down swinging no doubt, but I still don't know who you blame for this besides Ted Black after booting Ruff, Regier and LaFontaine.

If they are purposefully tanking they've already gutted themselves. I love that Pegula bought the Bills, and sort of see a Sabres plan with Murray, who is also not a tanker, but as much as I like Pegula, I'd have to blame him on this. Something is not working here, they can at least be a competitive bad team.

The pattern says we'll get McDavid or Eichel and put them on the 4th line with Kaleta and some other slow skating pug to pack some scoring oomph into a physical line that can't pass or shoot, but hits people while someone (imagine who) skates around artfully unable to do anything.

They are still trying to be a mucker/grinder team full of skaters, or a skating team of muckers and grinders and they just need to stop the decade of flopping around with it already.

They're aggravating me again already and I only just started trying to like them fresh from last year after they made me hate them in 2008. Freaking fire someone, this is unacceptable, not Murray or Nolan, they seem to be trying. Toss Black the hell out of there and hire a hockey guy, not a business executive ?

14. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i think everyone knows he has nothing to work with. and the best pieces right now, are not going to be on the team in 2-3 years. the guys who buy into what he's selling are going to take us places. and those who don't will be replaced with better talent.

the painful part of this is that we can't be getting FA and vets because the core needs to identify itself and step up over the course of 2 years.

SpikedLemonade

Time to put Nolan out of his misery.