Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Officials gave them the game

SpikedLemonade

Re: Officials gave them the game

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Jesus Christ

Everytime I see a Bills fan ***** about officiating costing the Bills a game I want to scream

It was not the officials. The Bills scored 9 points.

No touchdowns. None. 0. nada

The officials made one very bad call (the PI).

That did not change the outcome of this game.

What did change it was a horrendous LG, RG and RT. And a QB that is very mediocre and is not mobile.

All of this whining and crying about the officiating is absurd. The can only control what they do. And they suck at it.

This team is stuck in a pattern of 6 or 7 wins and will that again this year. And people have the gall to blame the officiating when they **** the bed again?

Absurd. Ridiculous. Insane. Asinine.

Blaming officiating is pathetic whining for losers. In ~35 years of watching this team, the only game I will even consider blaming the refs is the "just give it to them game"

This one is not even close.

Open your eyes people.
    I agree!

It is a pathetic characteristic of Buffalo fans.

SpikedLemonade

Re: Officials gave them the gaem

Bruins looked good against the Leafs last night
    Like crap against the Habs tonight as well.

If as a Buffalo fan it gives you joy, then please consider it a gift.

3. Post thanked by:

coastal (11-14-2014),Dr. Lecter (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am so piss and I can't go to sleep.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    I agree!

It is a pathetic characteristic of Buffalo fans.
    Yeah, well you don't seem to be able to identify bad calls when they happen there, buddy.

It is no way singular to Bills fans, either. Bad game-changing calls happen all the time to other teams. When they seem to be one-sided, knowledgeable fans are naturally pissed. Only natural to complain.

6. Post thanked by:

northernbillfan (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In a game that meant so much in a very crowded race for the two AFC wild card spots, it's a shame that someone not associated with either team decided this game.
    That individual was Walt Coleman, who awarded the Dolphins with nine free points with two atrocious calls. It was a tight, 10-9 affair in the third quarter when Kyle Orton was whistled for an intentional grounding penalty that was ruled a safety because Orton was in the end zone when he threw the ball. It was a disgusting penalty that was wrong for two reasons. First, Sammy Watkins, the intended target, didn't make his break when Orton released the ball, so the quarterback didn't know where his receiver would be. And second, Watkins ended up being in the area anyway. He was literally 4-5 yards away from where the pass landed.
    The second horrific penalty came on a play that set up Miami in the red zone because of a long pass interference. Stephon Gilmore made a terrific break-up, but the officials threw the flag. Both CBS announcers, as well as everyone on the post-game show, was completely appalled by the infraction. Gilmore made a completely clean play; he actually couldn't have defended his receiver any better. Shortly afterward, the Dolphins scored their second of two touchdowns on the evening, and even that was controversial, as instant replay showed that the ball was short of the goal line when Jarvis Landry's knee was down. Coleman reviewed it, but let the touchdown stand, either because he was too senile to understand what was going on, or he or someone associated with him had a big wager on the Dolphins. "
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Thanks
    Thanked 3,079 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You werent gonna win regardless of shoddy officiating.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Same crew from the Patriots game, pretty sure. That Walt Coleman. Remember this unsportsmanlike penalty?

10. Post thanked by:

coastal (11-14-2014),YardRat (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by northernbillfan View Post
    Wow Tom.

I finally post after a long long time and you jump down my throat?

I understand the Bills played like crap. However being down after a couple of bad calls pushed them into desperation play.

I'll go hide in my igloo again.
    It's not just you.

You happened to push me over the edge.

Week after week, game after game. Hell, year after year people blame the refs for this team constantly failing.

As Michael82 about it - I did the same thing last week.

The world and NFL are not conspiring against the Bills or for New England or whomever.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

12. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (11-14-2014),northernbillfan (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Like crap against the Habs tonight as well.

If as a Buffalo fan it gives you joy, then please consider it a gift.
    I don't have joy in my life

All I have is the misery of those I dislike

Dolphins. Yankees.
    And now the Bruins.

Let me have that, ok?

14. Post thanked by:

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,304 Times in 15,451 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jesus Christ
    I agree, and I even saw a defensive holding by Gilmore 20 yards downfield that was NOT called, in the first half.

This is why the KC game was so important. I figured the Bills would lay an egg in Miami...they have all the excuses built in:

short week
    injuries
    Walt Coleman
    the humidity
    the empty stadium
    Lebron James

...and so on, and so forth.

Problem is, they are really bad in the red zone.

At one point Jerry Sullivan tweeted that the Bills were winning 6-3 and the Sabres were losing 5-3 and he was having trouble remembering which score belonged to which game.

I thought it was pretty funny.

16. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (11-14-2014),northernbillfan (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bruins looked good against the Leafs last night
    Bruins played the Canadens

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Blaming refs a Buffalo tradition

19. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Bruins played the Canadens
    They played the Leafs on Wednesday.

Hence the words LAST night

I posted that on Thursday

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I agree, and I even saw a defensive holding by Gilmore 20 yards downfield that was NOT called, in the first half.

This is why the KC game was so important. I figured the Bills would lay an egg in Miami...they have all the excuses built in:

short week
    injuries
    Walt Coleman
    the humidity
    the empty stadium
    Lebron James

...and so on, and so forth.

Problem is, they are really bad in the red zone.

At one point Jerry Sullivan tweeted that the Bills were winning 6-3 and the Sabres were losing 5-3 and he was having trouble remembering which score belonged to which game.

I thought it was pretty funny.
    You forgot to blame Obama too!

23. Post thanked by:

Historian (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't have joy in my life

All I have is the misery of those I dislike

Dolphins. Yankees.
    And now the Bruins.

Let me have that, ok?
    Do we need to put you on some sort of watch... or have an intervention?

25. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (11-14-2014),Historian (11-14-2014)

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's not just you.

You happened to push me over the edge.

Week after week, game after game. Hell, year after year people blame the refs for this team constantly failing.

As Michael82 about it - I did the same thing last week.

The world and NFL are not conspiring against the Bills or for New England or whomever.
    So I can come out of my igloo now?
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

27. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You're always welcome.

Unless you start to club baby seals again

29. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was screaming at the TV on those calls. The intentional grounding call was bull**** as was the interference. How the **** can you call that when the DB was going for the ball and actually touched it first. 9 point swing on those two calls.

Here is the complete rule on pass interference.

Code:
    1. There shall be no interference with a forward pass thrown from behind the line. The restriction for the passing team starts with the snap. The restriction on the defensive team starts when the ball leaves the passer’s hand. Both restrictions end when the ball is touched by anyone.
    2. The penalty for defensive pass interference is an automatic first down at the spot of the foul. If interference is in the end zone, it is first down for the offense on the defense’s 1-yard line. If previous spot was inside the defense’s 1-yard line, penalty is half the distance to the goal line.
    3. The penalty for offensive pass interference is 10 yards from the previous spot.
    4. It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to: (a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch. (b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. (c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass. (d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball. (e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball. (f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiver’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving. Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to: (a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference. (b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball. (c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players. (d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball. (e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball. Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to: (a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched. (b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass. (c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field. Actions that do not constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to: (a) Incidental contact by a receiver’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball or neither player is looking for the ball. (b) Inadvertent touching of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball. (c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the ball is clearly uncatchable by involved players. Note 1: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference. Note 2: Defensive players have as much right to the path of the ball as eligible offensive players. Note 3: Pass interference for both teams ends when the pass is touched. Note 4: There can be no pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage, but defensive actions such as tackling a receiver can still result in a 5-yard penalty for defensive holding, if accepted. Note 5: Whenever a team presents an apparent punting formation, defensive pass interference is not to be called for action on the end man on the line of scrimmage, or an eligible receiver behind the line of scrimmage who is aligned or in motion more than one yard outside the end man on the line. Defensive holding, such as tackling a receiver, still can be called and result in a 5-yard penalty and automatic first down from the previous spot, if accepted. Offensive pass interference rules still apply.
    Highlighted rules that come into play.

While it could be construed that the defensive back attempted to play thought the back (see first (a)), the second (a) should come into play as a question of incidental which Notes 1-2 should supersede the first (a).
    Last edited by bdutton; 11-14-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I notice that the refs become a major part on the outcome of the game a lot when your team sucks. When your team is scoring a lot on the opponents we don't even notice the refs are even there.

32. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (11-14-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I notice that the refs become a major part on the outcome of the game a lot when your team sucks. When your team is scoring a lot on the opponents we don't even notice the refs are even there.
    In essence, you better have an elite QB or else you'll be ****ed in the ass by the refs.