Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to watch the game on Monday

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How to watch the game on Monday

Anyone know?? Said it was just gonna be televised in local Detroit and buffalo markets. I have the Sunday ticket will direct carry it??

2. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-20-2014),Thurmal (11-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How to watch the game on Monday

Same question here. I'm gonna be pissed if I can't watch it on Sunday Ticket!

4. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-20-2014),Thurmal (11-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Looks like Sunday ticket picked up the game the last time something like this happened:

When Ford Field staged the Giants-Vikings game after the roof of the Metrodome collapsed, tickets were free. Presumably, they’ll be free this time, too.

Also, the Giants-Vikings game was televised regionally by FOX and available via the DirecTV Sunday Ticket package. Jets-Bills presumably will be televised regionally by CBS, with Ravens-Saints on ESPN shown nationally.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...at-ford-field/

Probably do it this time as well.

6. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (11-20-2014),OpIv37 (11-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They have a freakin' NFL Network... Shouldn't be any reason that it can't be shown on there, as well.

They had no issues simulcasting with CBS when the Patriots were going undefeated a couple years back... Shouldn't be a problem now.

-Bill

8. Post thanked by:

imbondz (11-21-2014),jamze132 (11-21-2014),Jaydog57 (11-21-2014),OpIv37 (11-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm going to try my hardest not to rant here... I'm really going to try to refrain from using any words that could be replaced by *'s.

With that being said: this game better goddamn well be televised on a national ****ing scale.

I live outside of the Buffalo market, but have family snowed in there--and I'm not referring to spring chickens that are helping their neighbors shovel out.
    The Buffalo Bills are a way that I stay connected to that region, and as bad as the team has been over the last decade and a half, they are a source of pride for me, my family that lives with me, and my family that lives in Buffalo. I pay hundreds of dollars a year for the right to watch a terrible football team. I have watched essentially every game for the last 20 years, and will watch every game for the next 60. The Buffalo Bills and their fans are the reason that the NFL is what it is, and the league would be wise to remember that.

The people of Buffalo didn't choose to be blanketed under 70 inches of snow. This is a natural disaster. And I know that Bills fans have given up on the season, but the fact of the matter is, the 6 seed is 6-4 right now, and we're 5-5. The season is NOT over, and no matter how jaded YOU are, this (to me) is an important divisional game that I want to watch. It should be a home game--it's not, and that affects our chances at a successful season. I'm not going to apologize for us not being the best team in the league, but the fact of the matter is: we're 5-5 and this game is important. Losing home field advantage is bad enough, not being able to watch it is inexcusable.

I doubt anyone that matters will read this post, but in all honesty--this is a pivotal moment for me as an NFL fan. I care about my family in Buffalo, I care about the Bills, and I care about this game. It 100% DOES have playoff implications, and to take away my right as a fan to watch this game, (when the Bills homefiled advantage has already been taken away) after paying hundreds of dollars to be able to do so, will affect me ever so slightly. No, I won't boycott the league. No, I won't stop spending money on the Bills. But something will change.

This is one of those moments for Goodell: tell ESPN to bite the bullet and take the hit on the rating shares that will shift to the NFL network, and maybe pay off ESPN for their losses... or cater to the interests of Bristol's bottom line, as opposed to the Buffalo Community and their desire to watch a football game in the midst of a historic natural "event".

10. Post thanked by:

imbondz (11-21-2014),jamze132 (11-21-2014),OpIv37 (11-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

L
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    I'm going to try my hardest not to rant here... I'm really going to try to refrain from using any words that could be replaced by *'s.

With that being said: this game better goddamn well be televised on a national ****ing scale.

I live outside of the Buffalo market, but have family snowed in there--and I'm not referring to spring chickens that are helping their neighbors shovel out.
    The Buffalo Bills are a way that I stay connected to that region, and as bad as the team has been over the last decade and a half, they are a source of pride for me, my family that lives with me, and my family that lives in Buffalo. I pay hundreds of dollars a year for the right to watch a terrible football team. I have watched essentially every game for the last 20 years, and will watch every game for the next 60. The Buffalo Bills and their fans are the reason that the NFL is what it is, and the league would be wise to remember that.

The people of Buffalo didn't choose to be blanketed under 70 inches of snow. This is a natural disaster. And I know that Bills fans have given up on the season, but the fact of the matter is, the 6 seed is 6-4 right now, and we're 5-5. The season is NOT over, and no matter how jaded YOU are, this (to me) is an important divisional game that I want to watch. It should be a home game--it's not, and that affects our chances at a successful season. I'm not going to apologize for us not being the best team in the league, but the fact of the matter is: we're 5-5 and this game is important. Losing home field advantage is bad enough, not being able to watch it is inexcusable.

I doubt anyone that matters will read this post, but in all honesty--this is a pivotal moment for me as an NFL fan. I care about my family in Buffalo, I care about the Bills, and I care about this game. It 100% DOES have playoff implications, and to take away my right as a fan to watch this game, (when the Bills homefiled advantage has already been taken away) after paying hundreds of dollars to be able to do so, will affect me ever so slightly. No, I won't boycott the league. No, I won't stop spending money on the Bills. But something will change.

This is one of those moments for Goodell: tell ESPN to bite the bullet and take the hit on the rating shares that will shift to the NFL network, and maybe pay off ESPN for their losses... or cater to the interests of Bristol's bottom line, as opposed to the Buffalo Community and their desire to watch a football game in the midst of a historic natural "event".
    I disagree with you that we are still in it but I'm with you on the rest of this. I'm out of market as well and I've had Sunday Ticket to watch the Bills since 2003.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You can damn well bet that, if Foxboro were under several feet of snow, the game would be on nationally, possibly on every network possible, with the announcers fawning over how "resilient" the Patriots are for even playing this game... That is, if they didn't just delay the entire NFL slate of games until Foxboro was cleared, instead.

You can also bet that if it were a Broncos game, the NFL would do everything in it's power to make sure that Peyton Manning and crew was on every available network known to man, all while airing Papa John's commercials during the game.

As I said before, absolutely no reason at all that this game should not be televised on the NFL Network, at the very least.

-Bill

13. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (11-20-2014),Thurmal (11-21-2014)

Vegas Growed
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

When someone catches wind on what they are going to do for us out of market folks, please post here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    You can damn well bet that, if Foxboro were under several feet of snow, the game would be on nationally, possibly on every network possible, with the announcers fawning over how "resilient" the Patriots are for even playing this game... That is, if they didn't just delay the entire NFL slate of games until Foxboro was cleared, instead.

You can also bet that if it were a Broncos game, the NFL would do everything in it's power to make sure that Peyton Manning and crew was on every available network known to man, all while airing Papa John's commercials during the game.

As I said before, absolutely no reason at all that this game should not be televised on the NFL Network, at the very least.

-Bill
    Could not agree more.

For some reason, this story line is not "fitting into the NFL narrative."

10 people have died in this storm, already, and I'm sure more will--as awful as that sounds. This is, without a doubt, the biggest "tragedy" to affect an NFL team during regular season play since Katrina. I doubt, however, that U2 will be performing at halftime of our game against the Browns, like they did for the Saints.

And we are one game back from the playoffs and losing a home game.

Yes, I am aware we're not an elite team, and yes, I am aware that there are bigger concerns than football games, but i reiterate: we are one game out of the playoffs, and are losing a home game, with ZERO compensation.

So, to be clear, a national tragedy has affected Buffalo, and all of it's residents, along with the family members of people who live in Buffalo who are scattered across the country. We have a Bills team, 5-5, one game removed from the playoffs, with 6 games to go, our best mark after 10 games in years, and a .500 record after 10 games for one of the only times this century. And in the midst of a natural disaster, a tragedy that has cost more human lives than any NFL city has experienced since Katrina... we are compensated with:

Losing a home game
    and
    Not being able to watch a monday night football game with our team, in playoff contention for the first time in years, playing a game against our division rival.

Thanks Goodell--do us all a favor and go shovel out some east aurora driveways and drop dead of a heart attack you greedy, heartless *****. I would piss on your grave.

* Ill edit that last sentence contingent upon word that this game will be televised nationally, or at the very least, to sunday ticket subscribers.
    Last edited by JohnnyGold; 11-20-2014 at 09:46 PM.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mr. Bitterman, your table is ready.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    Mr. Bitterman, your table is ready.

extremely bitter.

and drunk!

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BLeonard View Post
    They have a freakin' NFL Network... Shouldn't be any reason that it can't be shown on there, as well.

They had no issues simulcasting with CBS when the Patriots were going undefeated a couple years back... Shouldn't be a problem now.

-Bill
    That's not fair to the NFL Network. They need to give the usual 24 hr a day JO session to Brady and Manning during the week that they usually do. Not show an acutal live NFL game...that would be preposterous.

Honestly, if I was a neutral fan that wasn't a fan of the Bills or Jets I'd be interested in watching a game that had to be moved three hours away to an empty stadium, I would watch the game. It would really interest me to watch it.
    Last edited by Scumbag College; 11-20-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If either team were a serious contender, it would get much more publicity.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Two teams out of the playoffs on a neutral field, in a half filled stadium isnt getting national exposure. The nfl be damned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone that wants a link to be able to watch this game on their laptop just shoot me a PM.

Agree though, it would be a nice tribute to pay this epic disaster some attention, and quite possibly to help raise some money to pay for digging out of it, by highlighting it nationally, particularly since numerous have died.

I just got done looking at pics at several sources and I'm just flabbergasted at how massive the snowfall was in some areas. I've read about **** like this in the mountains of Rocky Mountain States and stuff, but never in a major metro area.

I don't even see any way that they play the Browns here next week. If it snows again it'll be catastrophic.
    Last edited by Fletch; 11-21-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I live in the Rochester, NY market and fully expect the game to be blacked out because there is an empty seat at Ford Field. That's what I think of those douchebags.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Two teams out of the playoffs on a neutral field, in a half filled stadium isnt getting national exposure. The nfl be damned.
    They should play the game in Syracuse if the Detroit stadium is going to be half full.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    They should play the game in Syracuse if the Detroit stadium is going to be half full.
    The manager of the Carrier Dome even said they could be ready for a Monday Night game.

I'm sure there's some BS reason they gave it to Detroit instead.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    The manager of the Carrier Dome even said they could be ready for a Monday Night game.

I'm sure there's some BS reason they gave it to Detroit instead.
    Yeah, I don't get that either. I can't imagine that the difference in capacity is going to fill the place.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the slogan is "get every game to your home". the nfl better honor that contract. it's not like it's a redeployment of people and an added expense. They already have the crews there, if they screw this up, i swear to god, it just shows you how money oriented the league is. they want to help their TV partners at the expense of the paying fan.