Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No guarantee Bills will be ready to host a game next week

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No guarantee Bills will be ready to host a game next week

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ame-next-week/

As the snow continued to pile up this week, it became clear that the Bills weren’t going to be able to play at home Sunday.

But with this week’s game with the Jets moved to Detroit on Monday night, the next question will be whether Ralph Wilson Stadium will be cleared by next Sunday.

Bills president Russ Brandon said there’s a chance the stadium might not be dug out by the Nov. 30 date with the Browns.

[More at link]

This snow was epic.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: No guarantee Bills will be ready to host a game next week

This snow totally screws with our playoff chances
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

3. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (11-21-2014),lordofgun (11-21-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Will be interesting. It's supposed to start raining this weekend ( temp. in 40's ) , then get to 55-60 for a couple days at the beginning of the week.

My concern is all the poor southern tier people and how many roofs will collapse with all that extra water weight on top of snow.

If you live here, you realize football matters little right now.

5. Post thanked by:

black N yellow (11-21-2014),coastal (11-21-2014),Fletch (11-21-2014),Historian (11-21-2014),pmoon6 (11-21-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    ironic that we used to consider snow our advantage

im as pessimistic as the next guy right now but fact is bills really can still get hot and make the postseason. so yeah whatever tiny chance there is left of that, this aint helping
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

2 conf losses in five days screwed our playoff chances long before the first My Best Friend fell.

8. Post thanked by:

Fletch (11-21-2014),imbondz (11-21-2014),jamze132 (11-21-2014),MikeInRoch (11-21-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it's not like we have even shown the capability of winning at home. 2-3 so far if i recall correctly
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes. It took them all the way from 0.02% to 0.01%.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

11. Post thanked by:

Fletch (11-21-2014),imbondz (11-21-2014),OpIv37 (11-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Will be interesting. It's supposed to start raining this weekend ( temp. in 40's ) , then get to 55-60 for a couple days at the beginning of the week.

My concern is all the poor southern tier people and how many roofs will collapse with all that extra water weight on top of snow.

How much more fell yesterday in the area?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    it's not like we have even shown the capability of winning at home. 2-3 so far if i recall correctly
    Yeah, 2-3 at home, 3-2 road, but more than that we're 0-3 against AFC teams outside the division. The only non-divisional teams we've beaten are the sorry ones in the NFCN. Detroit's OK although inconsistent, but we played them with most of their offensive starting lineup out and of the only starter in there he had a career day. So it's really been tremendously unimpressive, especially since Miami dusted us like we first beat them the second time. I had a bad feeling vs. the Jets prior to the snow, now it's worse. The Jets and Raiders are our two most winnable games, especially if we can't host Cleveland here either.

At some point this team has to prove that it can beat other AFC opponents not in the East.

I agree with the other sentiments though, football needs to take a backseat to this epic snowfall disaster. An entire season's worth of snow in a few days, unprecedented in our lifetimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i just hope that this isn't creditted to the year end review of the coaching staff. "oh they had two really hard games because of no practice"

regardless of the weather, the bills were in free fall andit was aided by bad coaching.

of all the bad teams in the last 15 years, i feel like player-wise, this was one of the higher talent levels, least injured, ready to get to the playoffs. i didn't think they had a lot of pep to go anywhere, but at least the streak would be broken and we wouldn't be fixated on it like a dog. "need playoffss, need playoffs, where are the playoffs!"

i also got the sense the players are dedicated to playing and want to succeed. some of the other teams looked like guys wanted a check and wanted to get out of buffalo during offseason and skip the team if they had a desire to win. This team didn't feel like that from a fan perspective. So i do feel bad that they didn't go anywhere.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If the stadium still isn't ready for the Browns game, they better play in Syracuse or Toronto so Bills fans may actually be able to get there.

As much as I hate the Toronto game, it is the least bad option if the Ralph is out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I had an offer today that a co-worker would buy the beer if I drove to Detroit Monday.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,278 Times in 15,431 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From what I've heard, UB or Syracuse is not an option because they are not NFL stadiums....more importantly, they are not equipped like NFL stadiums:

MRIs....operating rooms....jails, etc.

Given that it is supposed to be 55 on Sun and 60 on Monday my guess is that most of this melts.

Then they can still hire people over the Thanksgiving holiday to shovel out the Ralph for Cleveland.

18. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-21-2014),YardRat (11-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    i just hope that this isn't creditted to the year end review of the coaching staff. "oh they had two really hard games because of no practice"

regardless of the weather, the bills were in free fall andit was aided by bad coaching.

of all the bad teams in the last 15 years, i feel like player-wise, this was one of the higher talent levels, least injured, ready to get to the playoffs. i didn't think they had a lot of pep to go anywhere, but at least the streak would be broken and we wouldn't be fixated on it like a dog. "need playoffss, need playoffs, where are the playoffs!"

i also got the sense the players are dedicated to playing and want to succeed. some of the other teams looked like guys wanted a check and wanted to get out of buffalo during offseason and skip the team if they had a desire to win. This team didn't feel like that from a fan perspective. So i do feel bad that they didn't go anywhere.

LMAO.

This *****ing **** is unbelievable.

People say the Pats have the worst fans in the NFL? Because they hopped right on that bandwagon as soon as Brady came in and started winning?

This season has made me reconsider that.

The Bills are now vying for worst fans in the league, and it's not even a debate.

You do realize that if we beat the Jets, and a few other teams lose, we could be tied for the 6 seed by Tuesday morning?

20. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (11-21-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post

Im on the Cheektowaga, West Seneca border in a basement apartment. There's snow halfway covering my windows (about 3-4 feet). As soon as temperatures rise and rain falls, all the water needs to go somewhere and probably right into my living room. There's gonna be some crazy flooding not just near streams and creeks but anywhere there's 4-5 feet of snow piled up.

There's already been collapsed roofs reported. Near me, an old folk's home had to evacuate due to a weakening of the roof.

Several deaths as well.

Now its snowing again god damn it.
    "Hate is a lack of imagination."
    -Graham Greene

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    LMAO.

This *****ing **** is unbelievable.

People say the Pats have the worst fans in the NFL? Because they hopped right on that bandwagon as soon as Brady came in and started winning?

This season has made me reconsider that.

The Bills are now vying for worst fans in the league, and it's not even a debate.

You do realize that if we beat the Jets, and a few other teams lose, we could be tied for the 6 seed by Tuesday morning?
    No, we won't be tied. We will still be behind based on tiebreakers.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,852 Times in 3,501 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well if we're 5-6 going into the Browns game, who cares where it's played?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,556 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

For anybody unaccustomed to large amounts of annual snowfall (and, I'm sorry, that includes the city of Buffalo and it's suburbs because realistically 80+ inches per year really isn't that much), you'd be surprised how much will melt off with a couple of warm days, and especially if it rains (that will really knock it down). For the record, the Southern Tier actually got off light compared to the southtowns with this storm, we only got about 12 inches total, and that's right on the Chautauqua Ridge that typically bears the brunt of lake effect (200-plus averages are certainly not unusual). The biggest concern, of course, isn't the stadium anyway (as some have already said), but the residents of the hardest hit areas...flooding is a concern, but even moreso the threat of roofs collapsing when the massive amount of snow becomes watered-down from the heat and the rain.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    No, we won't be tied. We will still be behind based on tiebreakers.
    Maybe so, but the rest of his post is dead on.

Most of ya'll suck.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Maybe so, but the rest of his post is dead on.

Most of ya'll suck.
    No, the rest of his post is unrealistic, unreasonable crap, as always. The two of you are the worst kinds of "fans." You claim you want the team to win, but then you question the fanhood of anyone who dares
    criticize the very players who are keeping us from winning with their poor play. Yiu think you are entitled to enjoy football because its entertainment, so you fool yourselves into thinking the team is better than it is, and then you lash out with personal insults at anyone who makes you realize the reality of this team.

Sometimes it rains in the picnic. Sometimes your jackass friend gets drunk and ruins an enjoyable evening at the bar. And sometimes (practically always for us) your football team sucks. Grow a sack and deal with it. Take it out on the team and not on other frustrated fans.

27. Post thanked by:

Thurmal (11-22-2014)