Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current AFC Records and Games That Matter Today

Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Current AFC Records and Games That Matter Today

At least with the Browns the Bills can still move ahead of them next week if they take care of the Jets tomorrow. I don't see them getting to 10 wins even if they win the next two, but at least they'd still be right in it and keep things interesting for another couple weeks.

It was nice to see the Broncos pull it out against the Fins.

Tough games next week for the teams in front of us.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    At least with the Browns the Bills can still move ahead of them next week if they take care of the Jets tomorrow. I don't see them getting to 10 wins even if they win the next two, but at least they'd still be right in it and keep things interesting for another couple weeks.

It was nice to see the Broncos pull it out against the Fins.

Tough games next week for the teams in front of us.
    Cleveland's a better team than we are though, especially with Gordan back.

We'll be on a short week, still might not be playing in Buffalo although I think that's unlikely, and will still probably have practices affected.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

We'll be on a short week, still might not be playing in Buffalo although I think that's unlikely, and will still probably have practices affected.
    Gordon is ridiculous.

If he can ever get his head on straight he might put up a 110 catch 2000 yard season.

Dude is made to take off 10 games, shows up and puts up 8 catches for 120.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,079 Times in 2,014 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Dolphins would have 9 wins today if they had a good coach.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Every game except one went against the Bills. Rather sick of trying to back in.

6. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    AFC East

Patriots 8-2
    Miami 6-4
    Buffalo 5-5
    Jets 2-8

AFC North

Bengals 6-3-1
    Steelers 7-4
    Ravens 6-4
    Browns 6-4

AFC South

Colts 6-4
    Texans 5-5
    Titans 2-8
    Jags 1-9

AFC West

Denver 7-3
    KC 7-4
    Bolts 6-4
    Raiders 1-10

----------------

(Oakland did Buffalo a favor on Thursday Night)

Cleveland vs. Atlanta - Go Falcons

Bengals vs. Houston - Go Houston

Jags vs. Colts - Go Jacksonville

Detroit vs. Pats - Go Lions

St. Louis vs. San Diego - Go Rams

Miami vs. Denver - Go Broncos

Go Bills!
    2 of those 7 games went our way. Excellent. that's about as buffalo as it gets.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The point is that we control our own destiny against the Browns. Beating them would take conference record out of the equation and give us a crucial tie-breaker.

9. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

what will be interesting is to see vs cleveland is if pettine really was the genius for building bills defense and schwartz is riding the coat tails. if they undress the bills defense that is going to be a really hard pill to swallow.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    2 of those 7 games went our way. Excellent. that's about as buffalo as it gets.
    Well I feel like a few of these games that 'went against us' didn't actually matter. We're only fighting against the wild card contenders, not division leaders.

Indy will win that division, which won't affect our chances.
    NE will win our division, which won't affect our chances.
    Cincy might win that division, but who knows with how good that division is. Houston is fighting for a wild card too, and they hold the tie breaker on us.

So really, the Browns and Chargers were the ones that didn't go our way. Even though they were the ones that mattered most. The Dolphins losing was big. It only matters if we can win tonight.

GO BILLS!!!

12. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

it still seems a little too far out to be able to make sense of the methods we can get in. at this point, all we can do is win and see how the chips lay at week 13 and week 14. then it becomes clear. But if we don't win, it doesn't matter what happens during the week.

but 29% of outcomes desired isn't very good.

14. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (11-24-2014),Joe Fo Sho (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

it still seems a little too far out to be able to make sense of the methods we can get in. at this point, all we can do is win and see how the chips lay at week 13 and week 14. then it becomes clear. But if we don't win, it doesn't matter what happens during the week.

but 29% of outcomes desired isn't very good.
    By my logic, 3 out of 5 games went our way (OAK, CIN, DEN won, STL, ATL lost). That's 60%, but it's moot if we don't get a win tonight.

At least we're trying to figure out our playoff chances during week 12. Usually by week 7 or 8 I'm trying to scrap together some long shot scenarios that give the Bills a chance to sneak in.

16. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (11-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

it still seems a little too far out to be able to make sense of the methods we can get in.
    Not really.

Let's assume for a second that we beat both the Jets and win for the first time ever in Oakland, who just beat KC, we'd still have to beat at least two teams from Denver, NE, GB, and Cleveland, the first three which are arguably the three best teams in the league right now.

Then, we'd have to rely on at least three of five other teams that are presently 7-4 to go 1-4 each, or 2-3 with us having the tiebreaker, which presently we do not own against any of them presently, can't against two, won't against one, and have only a snowball's chance in hell of owning the other, Cleveland, with a win over them. When you consider that tonight's game is an assumed win in that scenario, and that all five of those other teams have already played their 11th game, and considering that all but one of those five have easier schedules than we do, our chances are actually pretty remote mathematically although they're still alive.

Think about that, assume a win tonight and we're 6-5, we still need to essentially have a better record than three of five other teams that are presently 7-4. Even if we throw Cleveland into the assumed win mix the chances are remote. I don't see a single one of those 7-4 teams being any worse than 9-7, much less three, four, or all five, and that won't be good enough for us.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    By my logic, 3 out of 5 games went our way (OAK, CIN, DEN won, STL, ATL lost). That's 60%, but it's moot if we don't get a win tonight.

At least we're trying to figure out our playoff chances during week 12. Usually by week 7 or 8 I'm trying to scrap together some long shot scenarios that give the Bills a chance to sneak in.
    If we don't win tonight there's a chance we can be mathematically eliminated after the Browns game with a loss there too. That's how close we are to elimination and how sorry our chances actually are. The only way that we "control our own destiny" as has been suggested, and we clearly don't, is if we go 6-0 the last 6 for the most part. We'll be lucky to beat any of Denver, GB, or NE. We'll be lucky to hold any of those teams to below 30 points and lucky to put up more than 24 against any of 'em at the rate we're playing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If we don't win tonight there's a chance we can be mathematically eliminated after the Browns game with a loss there too. That's how close we are to elimination and how sorry our chances actually are. The only way that we "control our own destiny" as has been suggested, and we clearly don't, is if we go 6-0 the last 6 for the most part. We'll be lucky to beat any of Denver, GB, or NE. We'll be lucky to hold any of those teams to below 30 points and lucky to put up more than 24 against any of 'em at the rate we're playing.
    Well after we lost to Kansas City, I considered the Dolphins game a playoff game. We were what, 12th(?) in the AFC going into this week? We need significant help to even be able to consider a wild card spot. Don't get me wrong, I know we're long shots, but I was just saying this week wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

to quote dennis green. "we are who we think we are"

They had a chance after the bye to make a playoff appearance or at least be in the drivers seat. they pissed it away on two opponents who they had beat going into the half. KC they had going into the 4th quarter and remained in a position to win until they coaching mistakes caught up.

The miami game was a mix of bad coaching and outrageous officiating. I weigh it towards bad coaching.

every good teams lays up a dud against a weaker opponent, but two in a row is pretty telling. especially when the game is on the line. it's one thing if they just didn't show up, but they had chances to win and didn't.