14 37.84%
  • Jerry Hughes

4 10.81%
  • Marcel Dareus

15 40.54%
  • Kyle Williams

4 10.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is the best defensive player on the line?

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who is the best defensive player on the line?

Listen, I love Hughes and think he's been a great asset to the team, but he's a one trick pony. Mario can beat you with speed, agility and power.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I gotta go with Mario. He looked like #78 the last two or three games.

Drew's my hero!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i voted houghs, but meant to vote mario. houghs is super disruptive, but like many above i feel like he's eating of the plate the rest of the line put together for him.

that said, i think houghs is basically a young robert mathis. a guy who was an overly aggressive "one trick pony" who has turned into what he was meant to be. he played with mathis too, so i think he might have picked up some tricks. what impresses me most this year about him is his motor and his physicality. he's the only guy on the line who isn't basically always stronger than the guy he's lined up against, but he doesn't care and is willing to put his body into it and attack. if we keep this line together and get decent back ups (i think we have some, but they might need to be replaced as they leave) he can be a destructive force for good.

that guy on the ravens line when they won in 2k, bouleware i think, was like that. smaller faster but still power guy who cashed in on monster physical freaks beside him. i'm worried we will waste our once in a long time D line talent on a bad year/offense, but with kiko coming back, bradham and preston as our backers next year, this front 7 can set us up for a while longer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i picked mario because he is the best of this crsxy good group.

but this group is what it is because of synergy. the sum = greater then the whole

by this i mean each player in their own way is an good player with each other to build off each guy becomes great

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by colin View Post
    i voted houghs, but meant to vote mario. houghs is super disruptive, but like many above i feel like he's eating of the plate the rest of the line put together for him.

that said, i think houghs is basically a young robert mathis. a guy who was an overly aggressive "one trick pony" who has turned into what he was meant to be. he played with mathis too, so i think he might have picked up some tricks. what impresses me most this year about him is his motor and his physicality. he's the only guy on the line who isn't basically always stronger than the guy he's lined up against, but he doesn't care and is willing to put his body into it and attack. if we keep this line together and get decent back ups (i think we have some, but they might need to be replaced as they leave) he can be a destructive force for good.

that guy on the ravens line when they won in 2k, bouleware i think, was like that. smaller faster but still power guy who cashed in on monster physical freaks beside him. i'm worried we will waste our once in a long time D line talent on a bad year/offense, but with kiko coming back, bradham and preston as our backers next year, this front 7 can set us up for a while longer.
    Hughes is a good pass rusher & I want the Bills to do what it takes to keep him.

That said, he is the worst DL player on the Bills.

The rest of the DL getting double teamed makes Hughes look better than he would on an inferior DL.

6. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (11-26-2014)