Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 AFC Teams Fighting For 2 Wild Card Playoff Births - Remaining Schedules

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

8 AFC Teams Fighting For 2 Wild Card Playoff Births - Remaining Schedules

5 games to go.

Buffalo Bills - Cleveland, at Denver, Green Bay, at Oakland, at New England

Cincinnati Bengals - at Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, at Cleveland, Denver, at Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Steelers - New Orleans, at Cincinnati, at Atlanta, Kansas City, Cincinnati

Cleveland Browns - at Buffalo, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, at Carolina, at Baltimore

Baltimore Ravens - San Diego, at Miami, Jacksonville, at Houston, Cleveland

Miami Dolphins - at New York Jets, Baltimore, at New England, Minnesota, New York Jets

Kansas City Chiefs - Denver, at Arizona, Oakland, at Pittsburgh, San Diego

San Diego Chargers - at Baltimore, New England, Denver, at San Francisco, at Kansas City

---------------

Hardest remaining schedule? San Diego.

Easiest remaining schedule? Miami.

2nd hardest remaining schedule? Buffalo.

2nd easiest remaining schedule? Baltimore.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,337 Times in 2,075 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 8 AFC Teams Fighting For 2 Wild Card Playoff Births - Remaining Schedules

we might get to 8 wins though 7-9 is looking pretty realistic at this point.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

3. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,891 Times in 4,015 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

5. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-26-2014),Historian (11-26-2014),Thurmal (11-26-2014)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We'll go 2-3
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    we might get to 8 wins though 7-9 is looking pretty realistic at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    We'll go 2-3
    If we can't beat Cleveland we'll be 7-9 at best. Our D is going to get rolled by Denver, GB, and NE. If we lose to Cleveland we shouldn't rule out an 0-5 finish either.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Our defense will not be rolled by Denver or Green Bay. I am sorry they will keep us in the game.

The question is how will our offense fair.

Denver is not unbeatable and neither is Green Bay. Our defense will force third and longs and our pass rush will get us off the field. Can the def do anything is the question.

Main thing is win Sunday first the. We can talk about denver

9. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,529 Times in 17,422 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Still no games that are guaranteed wins or losses IMO. The defense is good, but not good enough to put the team on it's shoulders against anybody, let alone this last five game stretch. The offense is going to have to have a game or two that makes fans say 'Whoa, where did that come from?'
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Denver's main issue lately has been their offensive line. With the way our front 4 have been playing, we do have a shot in that game.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

12. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-26-2014),Historian (11-26-2014),pmoon6 (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    If we can't beat Cleveland we'll be 7-9 at best. Our D is going to get rolled by Denver, GB, and NE. If we lose to Cleveland we shouldn't rule out an 0-5 finish either.
    It is up to the offense to take some time off the clock & put some points on the board.

No defense can play for 50 minutes & keep a GOOD team scoreless.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anything can happen. Rodgers, Manning and Brady could all blow knees this week and be done. Every team is one injury away from the season drastically turning.

First task at hand is beating Cleveland. That should be Buffalo's only focus right now.

15. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    It is up to the offense to take some time off the clock & put some points on the board.

No defense can play for 50 minutes & keep a GOOD team scoreless.
    We shouldn't have much trouble doing that with Jackson back in the lineup. He's not what he once was, but between him, Brown, and Dixon, even if they can average just 4.0 ypc we should be able to do that against Cleveland. Their rushing D sucks. It's their primary weakness. So Dixon and Brown are going to have to kick it up a notch.

They've allowed over 120 yards rushing in 7 of their 11 games.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,290 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We have the hardest schedule of those teams and the fewest tiebreakers in our favor.

Houston, Miami, KC, SD. Win one of those games and we have a small shot. Win 2 and we have a good shot. Win 3 and se have a really good shot despite the brutal schedule.

The sad part is that 3 of the 4 were winnable. Houston was better than us that afternoon but we absolutely should have beat Miami, KC and SD.

18. Post thanked by:

Historian (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    We have the hardest schedule of those teams and the fewest tiebreakers in our favor.

Houston, Miami, KC, SD. Win one of those games and we have a small shot. Win 2 and we have a good shot. Win 3 and se have a really good shot despite the brutal schedule.

The sad part is that 3 of the 4 were winnable. Houston was better than us that afternoon but we absolutely should have beat Miami, KC and SD.
    And to my points about the D, they didn't do anything special in three of those four games and were above average but far from stellar in the fourth.

ProFootballTalk says this about the Ravens/SD game:

I think we can officially write off the loser of this one. The AFC playoff pool is just too deep for the loser to remain in contention.

I would agree with that, but we own fewer tiebreakers than either of those two teams and we're already a game behind, what the loser will be if we can beat the Browns.

So it would seem that we can write ourselves off at this point in time as well.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,249 Times in 15,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm sorry, but in all fairness, we should beat Cleveland, Oakland, and Green Bay at home.

They have a good shot at 9-7, particularly because of this stingy defense.

Denver is tough but they're not perfect either.

21. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-26-2014),YardRat (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,290 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I'm sorry, but in all fairness, we should beat Cleveland, Oakland, and Green Bay at home.

Unfortunately 9-7 would give us 7 AFC losses. I'm not sure a 9 win team gets in this year, but it def won't be enough for us. Even 10-6 (assuming NE as the loss) may not get us in.

23. Post thanked by:

Historian (11-26-2014),MikeInRoch (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Our defense will not be rolled by Denver or Green Bay. I am sorry they will keep us in the game.

The question is how will our offense fair.

Denver is not unbeatable and neither is Green Bay. Our defense will force third and longs and our pass rush will get us off the field. Can the def do anything is the question.

Main thing is win Sunday first the. We can talk about denver

well said. Our biggest problem is which bills O will show up vs Broncos and GB ? The bills O vs the fins (2nd game) or the O from last Monday?

25. Post thanked by:

better days (11-26-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,249 Times in 15,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh I agree OP, I don't think there's any way we still make the playoffs this year, but even 9-7 would be the best record in a decade.

And the football has been pretty entertaining to watch, be it a Jet *****-slapping, a nail biter against the Vikes, or an opening day surprise against the Bears.

27. Post thanked by:

better days (11-26-2014),BillsImpossible (11-26-2014),MikeInRoch (11-26-2014),OpIv37 (11-26-2014),YardRat (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We beat the Browns and Broncos and then i'll start talking realistically about playoffs. This game agains the Browns is a game the Bills typically lose. A chance to gain some ground and make a playoff push only to crap the bed........we shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I agree OP, I don't think there's any way we still make the playoffs this year, but even 9-7 would be the best record in a decade.

And the football has been pretty entertaining to watch, be it a Jet *****-slapping, a nail biter against the Vikes, or an opening day surprise against the Bears.
    Is it much of a suprise anymore? The Bears blow!
    You can call me streetkings

29. Post thanked by:

Fletch (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with you that if the D is really as good as everyone says, that makes sense. I question whether it is.

Let me ask you though, what if Cleveland, Green Bay, and Denver all put up their average amount of points per game as a whole, are you still going to insist that our defense is stingy and great? I mean it's one thing to be stingy against Minnesota, Detroit, and the Jets, altogether another to be stingy against top-10 scoring teams. Wouldn't you agree?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I agree with you that if the D is really as good as everyone says, that makes sense. I question whether it is.

Let me ask you though, what if Cleveland, Green Bay, and Denver all put up their average amount of points per game as a whole, are you still going to insist that our defense is stingy and great? I mean it's one thing to be stingy against Minnesota, Detroit, and the Jets, altogether another to be stingy against top-10 scoring teams. Wouldn't you agree?
    If the Bills give up less points than they score, then the Defense is doing its job.

And like I said, if the defense has to play the majority of the game because the offense can't stay on the field, then the defense is not totally at fault either.