Thread: A plea to the front office

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A plea to the front office

We now have the 4th ranked defense in the league... 8th against the rush, 5th against the pass

Hughes and Dareus are major factors in that... don't go the cheap route and pick one or the other. Sign both long term.

Kiko comes back next year...

Be smart. Build on what you have through additions and not subtractions.
    Last edited by X-Era; 11-26-2014 at 04:53 AM.

2. Post thanked by:

BillsFanInNM (11-26-2014),BillsImpossible (11-26-2014),coastal (11-26-2014),Don't Panic (11-26-2014),DynaPaul (11-26-2014),Lone Stranger (11-27-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A plea to the front office

Let spiller walk and keep both I totally agree.
    Dareus contract is set give him McCoy money. Hughes will be harder but we should be able to afford a Robert Quinn deal somewhere in the 5 year north of 50 mil so between 10-12 mil a year.

Some will say not worth it but pass rushers are hard to find and he makes Mario Kyle and Dareus that much better

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree. Unlike others that I have advocated letting go, these guys are worth paying. I just hope Pegs is willing to forego any cash-to-cap policy at least in this instance and be willing to invest more money into the team.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My plea to the front office: get a top 5 QB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Please also pull a rabbit out of a hat and make the Statue of Liberty disappear. In all seriousness, I don't know how we remedy that one. I think we're going to have to stand pat with Orton and Manuel for another year. We should definitely be drafting a guy in the middle rounds as competition for the backup spot in a year or two though.

Totally agree on Dareus and Hughes. We're probably looking at $20 million a year for the two of them, but it is essential that we keep our D line intact.

As for Spiller, unless he wants to be paid equal to how he's performed, I'd say let him go too. Brown is not what I hoped he'd be, but hopefully with a better O Line he can serves as a serviceable 2nd/3rd back next year.

7. Post thanked by:

Fletch (11-26-2014),YardRat (11-26-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

While they are at it maybe they can find me a blond with 36 DDs and a 20 inch waist who's hobbies are watching football, drinking beer and providing "services"

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    While they are at it maybe they can find me a blond with 36 DDs and a 20 inch waist who's hobbies are watching football, drinking beer and providing "services"
    to play quarterback?
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

10. Post thanked by:

Historian (11-26-2014),MikeInRoch (11-26-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    to play quarterback?
    Mind = Blown

Thanks
    Thanked 4,339 Times in 2,076 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Dareus contract is set give him McCoy money. Hughes will be harder but we should be able to afford a Robert Quinn deal somewhere in the 5 year north of 50 mil so between 10-12 mil a year.

Some will say not worth it but pass rushers are hard to find and he makes Mario Kyle and Dareus that much better
    we have so much cap space we don't even have to make the choice of who to sign and who not to sign. we have so much flippin' money under the cap that even without fancy structured salaries we should be able to sign any fa we want plus keep darius and hughes
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post

IIRC Spiller has a player option, meaning he chooses if he wants to come back for another year, not the team. With the injury this year and less-than-stellar performance last year, he'll probably make more staying in Buffalo than he would elsewhere. Plus it would give him a year to audition for his next contract, be it here or elsewhere.

So, I think Spiller stays. I don't know if there are cap implications to cutting him or not.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (11-27-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't really understand why everyone wants to kick CJ to the curb. I'd bring him back for a mid range contract. Start easing Boobie into Fred's role to take over when Fred retires (if he ever does lol).

I think Dixon has the potential to be a very damaging back. His combination of size and athleticism is impressive. He runs hard, every time. Yes he has a lot to learn, but he reminds me a lot of Bills' rbs from the past.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here's my plea to the front office. Do not, under any circumstances, even CONSIDER trying to trade for RG III, who surely is on the block right now.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

17. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-26-2014)

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't really understand why everyone wants to kick CJ to the curb. I'd bring him back for a mid range contract. Start easing Boobie into Fred's role to take over when Fred retires (if he ever does lol).

I think Dixon has the potential to be a very damaging back. His combination of size and athleticism is impressive. He runs hard, every time. Yes he has a lot to learn, but he reminds me a lot of Bills' rbs from the past.
    I love how you jumped from 36DD blonde in one post to Boobie in another. Way to be consistent.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If he hasn't learned it by now, what makes you think he's capable of it? Spiller still waits for holes to develop and loses a yard instead of just putting his head down and taking the 2-3 yards that are there. He still runs backwards to try to get an angle and loses yards. His blocking is still atrocious.

If this was his first year I'd get it but he's been in the league far too long to still be making those mistakes routinely. His only asset is speed, and as he ages that will be the first thing to go.

The guy literally has not improved at all since his rookie year. Statistically he's actually regressed quite a bit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    If he hasn't learned it by now, what makes you think he's capable of it? Spiller still waits for holes to develop and loses a yard instead of just putting his head down and taking the 2-3 yards that are there. He still runs backwards to try to get an angle and loses yards. His blocking is still atrocious.

If this was his first year I'd get it but he's been in the league far too long to still be making those mistakes routinely. His only asset is speed, and as he ages that will be the first thing to go.

The guy literally has not improved at all since his rookie year. Statistically he's actually regressed quite a bit.
    Maybe it's how he's being used? He should be used more in a Sproles, Reggie Bush type role. Not a grind it out for 3 yards role. That's Fred's job, or Boobie.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,287 Times in 15,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My Plea to the front office: Don't raise ticket prices for next season!

22. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-27-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I believe the thinking is how high a priority he is and what's his true worth numbers wise. I don't think it's that much.

You take care of #55 first, then extend #99 another 2-3 years on top of his 2015 contract. They are stars on the D.

Then you look at Spiller.

24. Post thanked by:

swiper (11-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    we have so much cap space we don't even have to make the choice of who to sign and who not to sign. we have so much flippin' money under the cap that even without fancy structured salaries we should be able to sign any fa we want plus keep darius and hughes
    Cap space is far less relevant than having the actual cash up front to pay the bonuses. Millions of dollars aren't just laying around OBD, that income to immediately cover the expense is going to have to come from somewhere, and it's a matter of how much more money the Pegs' are going to want to invest in the team out of their own pocket.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I
    IIRC Spiller has a player option, meaning he chooses if he wants to come back for another year, not the team. With the injury this year and less-than-stellar performance last year, he'll probably make more staying in Buffalo than he would elsewhere. Plus it would give him a year to audition for his next contract, be it here or elsewhere.

So, I think Spiller stays. I don't know if there are cap implications to cutting him or not.
    Demarco Murray and Adrian Peterson both might be free agents next year. Ray rice too, if he still has anything in the tank. Spiller would be daffy to opt out and try his luck in that market.