Will BUF toss in a bid if RGIII gets canned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Will BUF toss in a bid if RGIII gets canned?

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
    Well that should answer the original poster's question with a huge exclamation point.

RGIII has become JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
      Hell no...he's another one-read QB who reverts to his jungle instincts far too often.
      his jungle instincts. are you f###ing serious?
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
        his jungle instincts. are you f###ing serious?
        What? You wanted to hear how he was another RB trying to play QB instead?

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
          i hope and pray we dont dream of anything with RG3

ill call it now jake locker will be a bill next year thats my bold qb prediction not as long term answer but the new upgraded stop gap
          It depends on how we finish, if we finish with a winning record I think Orton stays and we maybe draft someone like Chuckie Keeton in Round 5. If we end up with a losing season we might turn Orton aside and sign Christian Ponder and maybe still draft Keeton.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

The Redskins ****ed this up beyond hope.

Shanny has never been a coach whose been good with rookies and to give him RGIII was a nightmare everybody saw coming. His ego would never allow for some young buck to overshadow his all knowing douche mind.

As for taking him, that's a tough call. Talent wise its an easy yes, as Illumni pointed out he's the exact Day 3 type of QB project you take. He would be our most talented QB by far, but that doesn't mean he'd be our best. You'd have to be convinced that he is fully committed to becoming a better QB and not just relying on his current talents. I think that much of his unwillingness to learn the craft has been overblown but I know coming out of Baylor he wasn't asked to do a lot in terms of reading D's in the Art Briles offense. Again he's a QB who probably never should of played as a rookie so he could of sat and learned behind a veteran QB.

If you bring in RGIII you have to have an OC who can design an offense based on quick reads, short passing, and a moving pocket.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• starrymessenger
              • Oct 2009

He's just another world class athlete who will never be a NFL QB (that you would want leading your team).
              I can't think of any great QBs who are world class athletes (though many are good athletes of course).
              But there are boatloads of great athletes who can't play the position. They are not rare.
              Guys whose game relies on athleticism are doomed to fail.
              The job description for a franchise guy has a laundry list of requirements attached to it, and great athleticism, though a nice to have, is nowhere near the top. Some posters are confusion athleticism for talent for playing the position.
              Will the read option be his salvation? The read option is what has just about turned him into a cripple (or has at least diminished his athleticism significantly) He's not as durable as Steve Young and Young never ran as much as RG3 did his rookie season, a season btw where he only threw for 3200 yards.
              A non-read spread, like at Baylor? It would be successfully schemed against by big league DCs. And then what?
              Chip Kelly? I don't think he could execute the way Mark Sanchez did today, ever. He can't read a defence. Never has and most likely never will. Kelly's O may be QB friendly, but it actually asks that player to do quite a lot.
              And this is even before you get into the personality issues that are, if you want to lead a team, of crucial importance.
              He's about as far from what you want in a leader of men as you can get.
              He's actually right up there with Jamarcus Russell as an all time bust. It's just that no one, except maybe Shanny and Gruden, know that for sure.
              So why folks would want to even give this guy the time of day is a mystery to me.
              Bills can, and actually are, doing better than that.

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

Being replaced by Colt McCoy is all you need to know about the whole thing.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

At this point, can't run, can't pass, can't make reads, doesn't inspire his team, doesn't seem to know plays, was replaced by Colt McCoy, benched by two coaching staffs, knee and ankle injuries in the past, we should by all means sign him for um, some reason ?

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

A few things... He needs a really good medical eval, a sportspsychologist, and to take a year or so in a backup role.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

The only one who can save that dumpster fire is Chip Kelly and the Eagles offense.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                        I think people are overstating his injuries. He's only missed 5 games in his career due to injury,.
                        He missed 9 in his Sophomore year in college, too. While college history is not always relevant, a knee injury in college is no different than a knee injury in the NFL.

And he has also played many games on gimpy knees (he may be doing so currently), which also doesn't help his long term viability.

I would rather have him than EJ, though, I think. RGIII has at least had great games in the past, so we know he has it in him. But then again, he may be one of those guys who's set for life and will never be hungry enough to work hard again. And his body my not be capable of what it used to be.

He's a riddle wrapped up in an enigma. Or something like that.

Comment

• Herd bull
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          At this point, can't run, can't pass, can't make reads, doesn't inspire his team, doesn't seem to know plays, was replaced by Colt McCoy, benched by two coaching staffs, knee and ankle injuries in the past, we should by all means sign him for um, some reason ?
                          Yes, I agree with this. It would be a waste of a roster spot.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                            • Aug 2012

He never should have been a read option QB and was mishandled from the start (by coaching not developing him intelligently and management/ownership treating him like a King). He would have done much better in a Bruce Arians type offense as his greatest asset as a passer was his vertical passing coming out of college.

Anyway, yes please on RG3... and then get a real QB coach in here. He could be re-built. Train him to throw from the pocket and run as a last resort. He'll never be Aaron Rodgers but he has the potential to be very effective and I have more confidence in him than EJ. Make him earn his way up the depth chart or fail trying, it's a good gamble IMO.
                            Last edited by Mouldsie; 12-02-2014, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

RGIII, to me, isn't going to flourish on a team that has offensive issues and no strategy offensively. he isn't going to be any different with hackett than he is in Washington.

he'd need to come to a team where the qb sucks, but the philosophy isn't awful. I don't know what team feels like, "we just don't have a qb. everything else works talent wise. qb's get time to throw, but our current one blows." maybe marrone feels that way, but having seen some of the all 22 film of how RGIII is missing reads, it seems like he needs a strong coach to help him. I forget where i saw it, i think it was NFL network, but RGIII literally had 5 receivers open including the checkdowns and he didn't throw to any of them. he hesitated and took the sack.

I don't know if our coaching helped EJ with that, it doesn't seem like they've helped orton with that, and i don't know if they will be helpful to RGIII

Comment

• Historian
                                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                                • Dec 2002

I know I'm old, but this is part of the problem with the modern athlete.

They're drafted high, then Nike, Subway, Home Depot, (insert your favorite company here) sign him to do their commercials and endorsements, and the focus on football goes right out the window.

The Kellys and Marinos didn't get endorsement deals until after they were solidly established as NFL lead men.

I see him starting for the Jets next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X