Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sign Kyle Orton To A 3 Year Contract ASAP

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Sign Kyle Orton To A 3 Year Contract ASAP

Please just get me two guards and a RT please.

2. Post thanked by:

sudzy (11-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No rush, let's wait and see how he does against Browns, Packers, Patriots defenses who are good against the pass.

4. Post thanked by:

better days (11-27-2014),Novacane (11-27-2014)

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Where else can he go? It's all about options. Here he starts, somewhere else he competes for the job. Would he take 5M and start with at chance to earn a bunch more or take 6M and compete somewhere. I can't think of any team that would take him for what he would want to make.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    No rush, let's wait and see how he does against Browns, Packers, Patriots defenses who are good against the pass.
    The Browns and Packers are pretty piss poor against the run, so I thinks it's safe to conclude (just like when Buffalo allegedly had a 'great' pass defense but was swiss cheese on the ground) that it's more an indication of teams being able to run the ball on them. I certainly wouldn't expect Orton to light up any of the three, because if he does it means we're not doing the job on the ground, or are way behind and playing catch-up. I'll take modest numbers and a win against those teams versus flashy stats by Orton and not hold it against him.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    The Browns and Packers are pretty piss poor against the run, so I thinks it's safe to conclude (just like when Buffalo allegedly had a 'great' pass defense but was swiss cheese on the ground) that it's more an indication of teams being able to run the ball on them. I certainly wouldn't expect Orton to light up any of the three, because if he does it means we're not doing the job on the ground, or are way behind and playing catch-up. I'll take modest numbers and a win against those teams versus flashy stats by Orton and not hold it against him.
    Ya but he still needs to make plays and that is something we'll need in order to beat those teams. Even if we run the ball well we will need Orton to make some big throws in the redzone and on 3rd down.

8. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (11-27-2014),YardRat (11-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,457 Times in 14,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Please just get me two guards and a RT please.
    RT? Henderson has probably been our best OL. Are you thinking he won't get any better?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There is no need to over complicate things. The Bills are taking a QB somewhere in their first few picks in the draft as the guy they see as the future. Ideally Orton picks up his option is the starter all of next year letting the rookie sit and learn and then at the end of the 2015 season he retires as the age of 34 and gave the Bills two great years.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Where else can he go? It's all about options. Here he starts, somewhere else he competes for the job. Would he take 5M and start with at chance to earn a bunch more or take 6M and compete somewhere. I can't think of any team that would take him for what he would want to make.
    If Orton wants to start his only option is here. I have a feeling that's what he wants to do so assuming we finish with a strong finish to the season (see a winning season). I think Orton sticks around and we draft a QB to pair with EJ to develop beyond him. I mentioned Chuckie Keeton in another thread as a 5th Round possibility. That said to me this offseason is about re-signing Hughes and Spikes, getting a true starter at TE (see throw money at Jordan Cameron or Julius Thomas) and starting caliber OG (or two). I'd also look to groom a successor to Fred Jackson. Guys like Javorius Allen or Jeremy Langford are targets as is Storm Woods. I'd also draft a DE or DT to add to the mix.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    RT? Henderson has probably been our best OL. Are you thinking he won't get any better?
    He might have been early in the season, but he's been crap the last 5-6 games
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

13. Post thanked by:

swiper (11-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Orton had a good day against a MEDIOCRE Jets secondary.

Let's see how Orton does against the Browns with their good secondary & Pettine's blitzing.

If the Bills can beat the Browns, I think they can beat the Broncos.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Orton had a good day against a MEDIOCRE Jets secondary.

Let's see how Orton does against the Browns with their good secondary & Pettine's blitzing.

If the Bills can beat the Browns, I think they can beat the Broncos.
    the Browns and Broncos aren't in the same level when it comes to competition. We should beat the Browns but then again I thought we should have beaten the Texans, KC and Miami. In terms of the Broncos. It's tough as they have two WRs that are dangerous and a guy in Welker who can be a match up headache. Toss in the Peyton factor, I do like that he/they struggled against the Rams, who like the Bills have an above average defensive line.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    the Browns and Broncos aren't in the same level when it comes to competition. We should beat the Browns but then again I thought we should have beaten the Texans, KC and Miami. In terms of the Broncos. It's tough as they have two WRs that are dangerous and a guy in Welker who can be a match up headache. Toss in the Peyton factor, I do like that he/they struggled against the Rams, who like the Bills have an above average defensive line.
    Orton has shown he can play well against a mediocre secondary while having a lot of time to throw.

If he can play that well while under pressure against a good Browns secondary, I think he should be able to play well against the Broncos as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag College View Post
    He's probably the best option that we have as a starter in 2015
    Yep.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Kyle Orton just turned 32 years old last week and he has very low mileage for a veteran quarterback, unlike Michael Vick.

He's healthier than RG3, and I think Orton is a much better quarterback than people give him credit for.

He is quietly having an excellent year.

He is 4-3 as the Bills starting quarterback, has a 65.4% completion percentage, 12 TD's, 3 INT's, and 1,810 yards passing.

To me that says KO is an over 60% completion percentage, at least 24 TD's, 6 INT's, and 3,620 passing yards of a quarterback in 14 games.

Orton is having his best season ever statistically in Nathaniel Hackett's offense.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/careerstats

The full potential of Kyle Orton is starting to shine.

He's a 4,000 yard plus passer in 16 games.

Strong arm. Accurate. Smart. Veteran poise and leadership qualities you can't teach. Reads defenses well. Knows when and how to take a sack. Been there, done that before attitude. Likes beer.

Can't teach experience either.

I want Kyle Orton to be the Bills franchise quarterback that wins Buffalo a Super Bowl.
    No

Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC whkfc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Kyle Orton just turned 32 years old last week and he has very low mileage for a veteran quarterback, unlike Michael Vick.

He's healthier than RG3, and I think Orton is a much better quarterback than people give him credit for.

He is quietly having an excellent year.

He is 4-3 as the Bills starting quarterback, has a 65.4% completion percentage, 12 TD's, 3 INT's, and 1,810 yards passing.

To me that says KO is an over 60% completion percentage, at least 24 TD's, 6 INT's, and 3,620 passing yards of a quarterback in 14 games.

Orton is having his best season ever statistically in Nathaniel Hackett's offense.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/careerstats

The full potential of Kyle Orton is starting to shine.

He's a 4,000 yard plus passer in 16 games.

Strong arm. Accurate. Smart. Veteran poise and leadership qualities you can't teach. Reads defenses well. Knows when and how to take a sack. Been there, done that before attitude. Likes beer.

Can't teach experience either.

I want Kyle Orton to be the Bills franchise quarterback that wins Buffalo a Super Bowl.

Are you Kyle Ortons mom?

20. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-28-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did nobody learn their ****ing lesson with Ryan Fitzpatrick?

22. Post thanked by:

Novacane (11-28-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not sure if he's been our best OL this year, but, he has the most potential. To coastal's point, the whole line needs an upgrade. I'm not ready to write off Richardson, yet, either. I'd love to see 2 guards and a tackle brought in. Open competition in training camp and the best 5 guys start. Up till now, Whaley has been horrible at finding talent at guard though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    He might have been early in the season, but he's been crap the last 5-6 games
    He's been better than that. He played pretty well on Monday night. I agree he's fallen off some but keep in mind a lot of rookies struggle to finish out there season because of the difference in the length of the season. I don't see a good reason to replace him given how bad the other four spots have been all year long.

25. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (11-28-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    I'm not sure if he's been our best OL this year, but, he has the most potential. To coastal's point, the whole line needs an upgrade. I'm not ready to write off Richardson, yet, either. I'd love to see 2 guards and a tackle brought in. Open competition in training camp and the best 5 guys start. Up till now, Whaley has been horrible at finding talent at guard though.
    I can't think of one who has been better all year long. I agree the whole OL needs a massive upgrade and we have to figure out what the hell happened with Glenn and Wood.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I can't think of one who has been better all year long. I agree the whole OL needs a massive upgrade and we have to figure out what the hell happened with Glenn and Wood.
    Glenn didn't have a TC, Wood is playing with terrible G on either side of him, that would have a big effect on any C.

Look at Mangold when he had Alan Faneca and Brandon Moore compared to now. He's not able to do all the same things.