Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Packers and Aaron Rogers have extra motivation to whip the Bills bad...

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,935 Times in 13,287 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Packers and Aaron Rogers have extra motivation to whip the Bills bad...

Tom Clements is their OC and AVP is their QB coach.

Ralph firing TC because he objected to making JP Losman the Bills starter was the single stupidest thing the Bills did since trading Flutie.

Tom Clements is Aaron Rogers guru and has coached him into perhaps the best QB ever.

Look for a major whupping...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-from-the-cold

Tom Clements comes in from the cold
    August, 7, 2014

By Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com

GREEN BAY, Wis. – The last time Tom Clements was on the sideline for an NFL game, the temperature at kickoff was 5 degrees with a wind-chill of minus-10.

No wonder the Green Bay Packers' offensive coordinator has decided to move from the sideline to the coaches' box for games this season.

"I didn't want to get cold in the winter," the 61-year-old Clements said Thursday, referring to the Packers' playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers last January at Lambeau Field.

The change, which will make its debut in Saturday's preseason opener at the Tennessee Titans, comes on the heels of some shuffling of duties on coach Mike McCarthy's staff. New quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt will coach from the sideline on game days even though his predecessor, Ben McAdoo, the New York Giants' new offensive coordinator, coached last year from upstairs.

Clements last worked from the box in 2006, the first of his six seasons as Packers' quarterbacks coach. He moved down to the field the next season and remained there even when was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2012 after Joe Philbin left to become the Miami Dolphins coach. Philbin, incidentally, worked from the press box when he was the offensive coordinator.

"I just thought I'd have a better viewpoint up there and be more helpful," Clements said.

It will be the first time since quarterback Aaron Rodgers became a starter in 2008 that he won't have Clements at his side on game day.

"Tom has been a great supporter, a great ally, a great teacher for so many years," Rodgers said. "It will be a different role. But I'm sure that Alex and I and the quarterbacks would kind of look at the pictures together, talk about them and kind of make the adjustments."

...more...
    My tebya razdavim

2. Post thanked by:

coastal (12-10-2014),TacklingDummy (12-09-2014)

Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!! Luisito23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 969 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Packers and Aaron Rogers have extra motivation to whip the Bills bad...

Extra motivation?...Yeah, right...They could probably stay home and still win.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

4. Post thanked by:

imbondz (12-10-2014),Pinkerton Security (12-10-2014),WagonCircler (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They may want to rub it in...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They are going to need it because the Bills team I saw last week was hyper physical and harsh. They aren't done yet. The quarterback might suck along with the coaching but I bet 85% of the squad leaves blood on the field next week trying to win this football game.

7. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-09-2014),BillsImpossible (12-09-2014),Scumbag College (12-09-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    They may want to rub it in...
    I think they habitually do that anyway without trying when they have an interest in home field advantage through the playoffs. Best you can hope for with McCarthy is mercy as it winds down if we can stop the running backs who are trying not to run out of bounds.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,902 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills are winning this game, I guarantee it.

10. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (12-12-2014),jlgarsh (12-14-2014),pmoon6 (12-10-2014),Scumbag College (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ralph firing TC because he objected to making JP Losman the Bills starter was the single stupidest thing the Bills did since trading Flutie.

Tom Clements is Aaron Rogers guru and has coached him into perhaps the best QB ever.

August, 7, 2014

GREEN BAY, Wis. – The last time Tom Clements was on the sideline for an NFL game, the temperature at kickoff was 5 degrees with a wind-chill of minus-10.

No wonder the Green Bay Packers' offensive coordinator has decided to move from the sideline to the coaches' box for games this season.

"I didn't want to get cold in the winter," the 61-year-old Clements said Thursday, referring to the Packers' playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers last January at Lambeau Field.

The change, which will make its debut in Saturday's preseason opener at the Tennessee Titans, comes on the heels of some shuffling of duties on coach Mike McCarthy's staff. New quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt will coach from the sideline on game days even though his predecessor, Ben McAdoo, the New York Giants' new offensive coordinator, coached last year from upstairs.

Clements last worked from the box in 2006, the first of his six seasons as Packers' quarterbacks coach. He moved down to the field the next season and remained there even when was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2012 after Joe Philbin left to become the Miami Dolphins coach. Philbin, incidentally, worked from the press box when he was the offensive coordinator.

"I just thought I'd have a better viewpoint up there and be more helpful," Clements said.

It will be the first time since quarterback Aaron Rodgers became a starter in 2008 that he won't have Clements at his side on game day.

"Tom has been a great supporter, a great ally, a great teacher for so many years," Rodgers said. "It will be a different role. But I'm sure that Alex and I and the quarterbacks would kind of look at the pictures together, talk about them and kind of make the adjustments."

...more...
    Shut up man..nobody gives a crap about Tom Clements..LMAO. I know Rodgers doesn't because he doesn't need him....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    No chance

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, yeah.

JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Tom Clements, and somebody's hair...the history of the Buffalo Bills in a nutshell.

Tom Clements does not impress me, and he deserved to be fired from here. In fact, we did his career a huge favor, especially since he was lucky enough to be paired with Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the league IMO. Clements did not make the man.
    Last edited by feldspar; 12-09-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

August, 7, 2014

...more...
    Good post, except for the overdone "best QB ever".

It needs to be qualified to "Best QB Post 2000". They play with a totally different set of rules that benefit the QB.

...or we could call them "Best Flag Football QB" or "Best QB Ever Who Wears A Dress"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Channelling Joe Willie, I see.

15. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (12-14-2014)

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can see the Bills winning this game, Because it's meaningless.

17. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-10-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    I can see the Bills winning this game, Because it's meaningless.
    Green Bay still wishes to secure home field advantage in their conference. There are still 3 games left ??? Huh ?

19. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (12-10-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Green Bay still wishes to secure home field advantage in their conference. There are still 3 games left ??? Huh ?
    Pay no attention to the wastoid that lives in a constant state of non ordinary reality.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think the Bills are going to win this game as well.

22. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (12-14-2014)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If we beat Green Bay, we will win out and make the playoffs. Mark my words...

nooooooooooooooooooo chance we're winning tho.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL@ shiva being locked into the Tom Clements/JP Losman era of the Buffalo Bills.

Just keep posting about those two guys over and over and over, why don't you?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

avp and clements to be carried off on the shoulders of their players after the game.

26. Post thanked by:

CommissarSpartacus (12-10-2014),pmoon6 (12-10-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    avp and clements to be carried off on the shoulders of their players after the game.
    They don't have enough muscle to carry AVP even 5 yards.

Maybe they can put a box of donuts in the endzone and watch Van Pelt shatter the world record for the 40 yard dash.

28. Post thanked by:

gebobs (12-11-2014),jlgarsh (12-14-2014),Pinkerton Security (12-10-2014),trapezeus (12-10-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,298 Times in 15,446 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Every year, the Bills win a game they should not have won.

Last year, it was the Ravens, this year, I think it's the Packer game.

I expect the effort of the year, and a sweep of the NFC Norris.

Unfortunately, being an NFC game, it will not help us in the tiebreaker mix, but it will sure make for an interesting upset.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Tom Clements does not impress me, and he deserved to be fired from here.
    Why did he deserve to be fired?