Thread: Murray ready to move either Enroth or Neuvirth...both UFA's after this season

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Murray ready to move either Enroth or Neuvirth...both UFA's after this season

While Sabres general manager Tim Murray is reportedly content to wait patiently for prices to rise on the trade market, he's prepared to capitalize on the stellar start to the season that his goaltenders Michal Neuvirth and Jhonas Enroth are authoring.
    "Now (Murray) is not going to deal both (Enroth and Neuvirth)," TSN's Pierre LeBrun reported during an Insider Trading segment on Tuesday. "But I'm told he's ready to deal one of them.
    "They're both UFAs at the end of the year," LeBrun continued, "he's not going to sign them both. I think he'd like to sign one, trade the other."

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/653741

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Murray ready to move either Enroth or Neuvirth...both UFA's after this season

LMFAO!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,433 Times in 11,991 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Murray ready to move either Enroth or Neuvirth...both UFA's after this season

Keep neuvirth please.

Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He must be waiting for like 12 goalies in the league to get injured. That is the only way the price will go up with those 2.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think it means he is willing to wait for the prices to go up on other players, like Stewart, Stafford, Hodgson, etc. I believe I would rather keep Neuvirth. I would love to keep Enroth, but I don't see him as a #1 and I think he wants to be that somewhere.

Maybe Edmonton would trade for their first rounder?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    I think it means he is willing to wait for the prices to go up on other players, like Stewart, Stafford, Hodgson, etc. I believe I would rather keep Neuvirth. I would love to keep Enroth, but I don't see him as a #1 and I think he wants to be that somewhere.

Maybe Edmonton would trade for their first rounder?
    lol. They already have 2 average goalies. They are definitely not trading the pick that could possibly be McDavid or Eichel for one of them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    lol. They already have 2 average goalies. They are definitely not trading the pick that could possibly be McDavid or Eichel for one of them.
    Well, Edmonton management doesn't seem too bright, so I can hope.

8. Post thanked by:

gebobs (12-10-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, Edmonton management doesn't seem too bright, so I can hope.
    ROFL!! Well you do have them there! See if they will sweeten the deal with Hall too!!

10. Post thanked by:

chernobylwraiths (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As fans, we tend to over-value our players in terms of trade value. And as bad as this FO has been, they have gotten good returns on trades and have even fleeced other teams at times. But that only increases fans' expectations for what we can get in return for guys like Enroth and Neuvrith.

Both are decent goaltenders and I'm sure we can get something from a contender that has an injury at goalie and needs a rent-a-player for the playoff push. And since they are FA's anyway, any return is better than nothing. Just don't expect too much.

More importantly, what are we going to do about G? Is Hackett ready to come up? Do we have to start going after FA's? It's a strange situation to be in because Miller and Hasek had us set at G for so long.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Any pick for either player will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    As fans, we tend to over-value our players in terms of trade value. And as bad as this FO has been, they have gotten good returns on trades and have even fleeced other teams at times. But that only increases fans' expectations for what we can get in return for guys like Enroth and Neuvrith.

Both are decent goaltenders and I'm sure we can get something from a contender that has an injury at goalie and needs a rent-a-player for the playoff push. And since they are FA's anyway, any return is better than nothing. Just don't expect too much.

More importantly, what are we going to do about G? Is Hackett ready to come up? Do we have to start going after FA's? It's a strange situation to be in because Miller and Hasek had us set at G for so long.
    hackett has been injured. but makarov just continues to develop beyond expectations. maybe they want to make him backup next year and see what he can do? seems a little early, but he just keeps climbing the ladder.
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post

Hackett is close to returning, what I've heard and read says that he could be back in early-late Jan.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, but Hackett isn't that good, IMO. At least he hasn't shown to be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, but Hackett isn't that good, IMO. At least he hasn't shown to be.
    there was a time he was projected really high. he just never materialized. that said, in 8 game last year, he was decent. so if he comes back and is healthy and a move is made, id give him another shot. liuwen isnt NHL material and makki needs more time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Craig Custance of ESPN: Trade talks have declined for the Sabres compared to a month ago.
    Maybe I’m asking too much,” Murray said, to which a few of his colleagues quickly nodded in agreement.

18. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's expected he would ask for a lot and the price comes down if nothing happens.

It's that GM 101?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    It's expected he would ask for a lot and the price comes down if nothing happens.

It's that GM 101?

Did you skip Projecting 101?

thats the idea. certainly. but, everyone said the islanders wouldnt be a lottery team THIS season. and here we are, the isles were terrible.

they need goaltending, and halak would certainly help. but its not nearly enough. even with halak, that team misses the playoffs, and is likely really REALLY bad again next year. besides, the sabres pick will almost certainly be another top 3 pick, so the sabres dont need to lean on the isles pick. its just gravy at this point.

Detroit's gonna be down soon. But I've been saying that for years. Yet they keep squeaking in.

Islanders are 8th in the NHL and 4th in the East.

Detroit is 2nd int NHL and 1st in the East.

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Did you skip Projecting 101?

Islanders are 8th in the NHL and 4th in the East.

Detroit is 2nd int NHL and 1st in the East.

Do you really wanna go down this route? Things you've been wrong about? Like the false grigo/duclair comparison? Or the claim Pittsburgh was terrible from 98-01? Or your claim the isles would make the playoffs last year with vanek? Or no free agents would want to sign in buffalo? The list goes on and on.

Unless Murray loses these players to UFA and can't trade them, it's not a big deal. Ask high and adjust accordingly to the market. Murray has shown he will do that, so him asking high early in the season to see if anyone bites is pretty much standard. It's common sense.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 12-11-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Vogl tweet...Neuvirth to Anaheim? The ducks need a veteran goaltender according to Garth at HockeyBuzz